Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Whisper of a Rose

Re: "New" RPG: WHISPER OF A ROSE

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Ah, feel free to post your impressions about them in their dedicated topics.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: "New" RPG: WHISPER OF A ROSE

Postby Kale » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:53 pm

Yeah, the game comes very, very slowly to a boil. If you get lost early on, you may never even see combat in your first hour of game play. And even if you do get to the combat, you'd only have one character and the attack command. I doubt you could get to the part of the game the screenshots are even from without a walkthrough. I don't think it's as bad a game as everyone's making it out to be, but the author may as well have shot themselves in the foot with the 1-hour of game play. You'd really need two or maybe even three hours to get started on the actual game.

Kind of like FFXIII's: "It get's better after the first 20 hours!"
Like that's the kind of selling point in a game you should strive for. :P

I'm not terribly thrilled with the way the game's been managed though, and I'd certainly be a bit more upset if I had bought the game a year ago and had to wait this long to play it.
Kale
Explorer

Re: "New" RPG: Whisper of a Rose

Postby RPGeez » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:54 pm

I am replaying this game and I like this RPG. My key worked fine. I like the graphics and the skill tree system as well. It starts out slow with Melrose and the art museum but it does pick up after she steals the device in the museum. I would say that this is worth playing. Whisper of the Rose Gold
RPGeez
Ranger

Postby Rabbit » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:32 am

I recently stumbled upon this game, and bought it, without knowing its history. I was able to play all the way through without a walkthrough. It took me more than 60 hours! All of those beautiful screenshots (except for the second one) are actually from the game. The second screenshot must be from an earlier version of the game; the smaller crab monster does not appear on that map, and there should be four characters in the party at much higher levels than shown. I'm a very patient person, and there are quite a few rough edges to the game, but overall I quite enjoyed it, and would like to play again when I have more time.

Things I liked:
* The graphics are some of the most beautiful I've seen anywhere. My favorite areas to look at were the Butterfly Hills and Caves, the Cursed Woods, and the Desert of Solitude.
* Some of the monsters have very unique and interesting behaviors. My favorites were the chocolate box monsters.
* Many of the maps are vast and complicated, which makes exploring a fun challenge.
* The first part of the game has all kinds of puzzles mixed into the maps and quests. There are object manipulation puzzles, word puzzles, opening gates in a maze puzzles, and others that really made me think outside the box. I thought the Sweet Tower area was just brilliant.
* The main character, Melrose, really won me over. She's so imperfect, and doesn't always do the right thing. But the game does such a good job explaining why she does things, I liked her anyway, and she had my total sympathy.

Things I'm neutral about:
* My computer was too slow for this game. On many maps, movement was very slow and jerky. Sometimes it took more than 6 seconds of waiting when I wanted to access my inventory.

Things I didn't like:
* The first half of the game is a very tough act to follow, and the second half of the game just doesn't meet the same standard. The interesting puzzles fade out and are replaced by comparatively trivial little quests. I didn't find the second half of the game nearly as engaging as the first half.
* There are lots of little things that just don't work properly. Story events repeat unintentionally, I got speech from a character who wasn't in the party yet (I think this may be being fixed), the potentially cool feature where you can craft your own items didn't work properly for me (very slow and tweaky, couldn't scroll through lists, some of the given recipes didn't work), the quest book seems to be missing the detailed descriptions of all the quests, and the in-game help function didn't work for me at all.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:46 am

Hey, any chance you'd want to fill the memories for Dreamscape?
(it's a bit like writing a big feedback like this XD)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MONCHA5 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:35 am

where is lady yamine in valentown????' +::surrender
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Rabbit » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:22 pm

MONCHA5, I think there are better places to get help with this game, but...

Lady Yasmine is in the large house on the hill, in the northeast of Valentown. Just follow the long path east, and then north up the hill.

Hope that helps. :)
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby MONCHA5 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:29 pm

I need helppp!!!! I am in the volcano I touched the orb outside the lava cave, then I went into the lava cave Killed all the monsters and touched the orb inside the cave, went back to the entrance and touched agin the orb outside the cave but I can get the blessing!!!!!! what I have to do????? +::surrender
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Rabbit » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:41 pm

That's the problem with reading ahead in walkthroughs.

Yes, there is a part of this game where you have to touch the orb outisde the volcano, then the orb inside the volcano, and then the outside orb again to receive a blessing. But unless you have a quest to do this, touching the orbs won't do anything. If I recall correctly, the chief in Lekora gives you this quest after certain story events have taken place.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Whisper of a Rose

Postby LawlietAngel » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:56 pm

anyone know where i can get the guide/walkthrough. im stuck
LawlietAngel
Wanderer

Postby bodeia » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:30 am

You can purchase a walk through from over_cloud's website viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1053&start=30
Be careful if you make a woman cry because God counts her tears
Woman came out of a man's rib
Not from his feet to be walked on
Not from his head to be superior but from the side to be equal
Under the arm to be protected and next to the heart to be loved
bodeia
Ranger

Postby LawlietAngel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Anyone know where the key is in Sweet Tower? Im stuck there.....
LawlietAngel
Wanderer

Re: Whisper of a Rose

Postby honyb50 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:25 am

One of the games I have never been able to complete. Oh Well.
honyb50
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:11 pm

I'm playing this game for some time now and can someone help me with this?

I'm on Anatta Woods and Hellena just joined my party, after the rain the place where I was supposed to go was flooded and she said to go to another way, but I don't know where. Anyone knows?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Tomas » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:09 am

I'm not really sure (I finished the game 4 months ago), but if I remember it right you need to take the "left path" - it's somewhere on the left side, between the cave where Hellena joined and the top of the map. It's easy to overlook, but it should be there.
Unfortunately, I can't check in the game right now, so I can't be sure about this.
Tomas
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers