Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Dawn's Light

And so it begins... again

Postby kimo » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:21 pm

If you have bought and played every one of Indy's epic games and series, you are probably feeling like me in that it is typically an annual event especially in times of "game drought" between Indy's new releases.

If your haven't played the epic "biggies", then turn around right now and go buy what you can afford and start playing them. +::stop

The Dawn's Light series is one of the reasons I even found Indy's site about 9 years ago. So I have to thank that developer for making me aware of the RPGmaker world.

Lady JJ and I are starting the Dawn's Light series and welcome others to buy the game and get active support as we play it ourselves. If nothing else, we will all be leaving a resource in our wake that will be one of the few online places to get help and advice for the series since most other sites have disappeared from the web. These games are all above 25 hours from what I remember.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Dungeon Treasures after boss battles

Postby kimo » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Before you face the final boss in each Dungeon, you should kill all enemies. If you do not do so before defeating the boss each time
Spoiler: show
then you will find several locked chests you cannot access and with real good stuff. You are told the life force of remaining enemies keep them locked and you are told how many enemies remain in the dungeon.

You might be able to leave and return to that special portal that opens up, but I am not sure yet. When finished with the Mansion dungeon the biggest problem is that
Spoiler: show
a character leaves your party and you would have to fight all the remaining enemies with only 2 characters. +::fear
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Sorry, but we hit a wall

Postby kimo » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:53 pm

Dawn's Light #1-3 are listed on Aldorlea and they can be placed into a shopping cart. BUT, when you try to process the order, an error message is returned by BMTmicro that the product is no longer available.

Sorry, folks, but apparently this series is not available from anyone since the designer is no longer in business. So, we will not be playing the series and reporting our experience on Aldorlea.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: Dawn's Light

Postby D-Squall » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:18 am

I remember playing Dawn's Light 1 and 2 several years ago, I remember nothing about them but I do remember that John Wizard (the developer) did high quality games, I remember this game being fun and funny.

I never cared for the Lily and Sasha series, good to see people still tries old games.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers