Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Dark Souls 2

Re: Dark Souls 2 Game Information

Postby bobbydaz » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:49 am

Hi Saphira, this is a stand alone game so no need to have played the first (although it is well worth the purchase, the anit-hero Gauly is hilarious). I am in a similar position that there are a lot of games to play (as well as my new Gametap membership) so am taking my time with everything.

Happy gaming. :)
bobbydaz
Explorer

Postby Del » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:03 am

@D-Squall:
Sure thing! I never said otherwise, I'm actually glad you took your time to test the game.

@Saphira:
It's a stand alone game, you don't have to import your save file or anything like that, and you can perfectly understand the game without have playing the first, though I strongly recommend that you, I know it sounds suspicious coming from me... +:oops: But you can fully understand not the game, but the world and the story behind everything, playing the two of them.

@Bobbydaz:
Thanks for the explanation and support!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Saphira » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:17 am

Thanks, I'll download and try DS 2 but if its like LF in any way I'll end up getting them both :)
Saphira
Explorer

Postby Del » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:59 am

I really hope you do that!!! +::biggrin
If you have played LF you will know your way around Dark Souls very easily, I tell you that.
I hope you have fun playing them!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby RPGeez » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:19 pm

This is an update of Dark souls 2

I like this game it is pretty good.

The story is really well developed and involved and it is important to read and follow.

I think the lack of gold is that this game is set what looks like the late 19th century so you find less gold. Luckily weapons and other items are not expensive. I thought I would not be able to get through the game but on the contrary. There are lots of chests to discover in the game too.

The battles are fun, challenging and especially the anomalies add that extra level of danger. All the monsters really hit your characters hard so you need to plan your attack accordingly(this is a good thing).

I like all the characters and each one has much needed skills necessary to win battles.

My favorite character is a toss up between Galahar the swordsman and Zuke the barbarian.
I just got Violet so I will see how she fares in battles.

I like the magic orb option so you can go to previously visited areas which is good.

I have not found any hidden dungeons and bosses but they are out somewhere waiting to be found.

Overall I think this game is worth the $20 and I hope Warfare Studios will develop more games and I am already thinking maybe Dark souls 3.

Geez +::Thumbup

RPGeez
Ranger

Postby Del » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:40 pm

Thanks for the compliments.
Let me ask you... is it really too challenging? I mean, are you stuggling though the battles or can you win the easilly using a better strategy?

I know I created the game so it comes easier to me, but I had no problems with any of the battles, they were challenging to me, but I could easily win using a simple strategy, I always used at least two all-enemies spells and attack with one of the characters, then in the next turn I attacked with everyone, it's simple...

Again, thanks for the compliments I appreciate it.
As a matter of fact, Dark Souls III is scheduled for April, and right now I'm working on a side-story telling what happened with Galahar and Kara 3 years after the events at DKSII, this time Kara will be the protagonist though.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby RPGeez » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:06 pm

I have Galahar and Zuke and alternate between Demetrius and Violet and Kara.

I try to paralyze or put enemies to sleep and that works well and use Demetrius to heal.
I do use the all enemy attacks as much as possible to wipe out enemies.

In this game I try to conserve my MP as much as possible and use it wisely which adds to the overall challenge of the game.

I like to battle enemies and monsters that are tough. What I mean is the enemy attacks hit hard and if you do not plan your attack and use the skills it could wipe out at least one character.

I like that the monsters are strong which adds to the challenge.

My game characters are at levels around 15 so maybe I need to level up a bit more.

Now if I could only find the 4th brigade armory.

Otherwise this is a fun game.

Geez +::Dance
Last edited by RPGeez on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPGeez
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:12 pm

I think the Dark Soul franchise is growing in scope - it's definitely a series to keep an eye on. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Del » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Thanks Indi!!!
I understand what you mean now Geez... I'll take it into consideration, thanks for the input.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Saphira » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:35 am

Tried the demo and probably will buy. don't like playing in window mode. How do I get full screen?
Saphira
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:15 am

ALT + ENTER
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Del » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:09 pm

Exactly, thanks for the info Indi.
I'm glad you liked the demo, I wish you enjoy the game! :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:22 pm

Just thought I'd share a couple of fanarts with you guys...

Family Portrait by Shade The Mystic:
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Alikamou » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:51 am

Bought DSII because bought and played first DS. Still +::YAY awesome. But now I'm stuck. Looking for the long staircase to put together cracked orb, but don't remember where I needed to orb to to get to pathway. Can someone +::sos ?
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Del » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:05 pm

The Archaic Stairway is located near Watersnake Path, go to Jaal Village and head south, then take the right path, you will find it.

Thank you for the compliments, I'm glad you're enjoying the game.
Del
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers