Arvale

Postby Indinera » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:00 am

Arvale: Treasure of Memories

Only $5.00

Download Trial:
http://www.plimus.com/jsp/download_tria ... r=Indinera

Buy Now:
https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?c ... r=Indinera

Episode 1 in an epic RPG that will have you laughing all the way through.

Duncan Forsythe, son of Druncan Forsythe, is the royal gardener of Entoque Castle. He spends his days battling nasty flower beds, hunting down poisonous weeds, and occasionally doing his Royal Majesty's laundry . . . meanwhile, the buzz around the castle is that Duncan once saved the world.

This is news to Duncan. He can't remember a thing that happened over the last few years. He definitely doesn't remember saving the world. Unfortunately, he may have to - lest the world get thrown into turmoil yet again.

Dark forces are rising, and the key to defeating them lies in Duncan's memory - the memory that is now scattered throughout the world of Arvale. Take him on an epic quest to retrieve those memories and thwart certain doom for the entire world, all the while battling monsters, exploring dungeons, challenging dragons, rescuing fair maidens, gathering friends and foes, and - it wouldn't be an Arvale adventure without this - talking with wheelbarrows.

• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG Game: Arvale

Postby loof123 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Looks good. I'll play it someday. BTW The characters look like Grandpa and Harvey From Dawn's Light.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby D-Squall » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:09 pm

It's cheap, but I only play Aldorlea and Laxius games :)
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby vanijane » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:06 am

Sounds interesting. :) Here's another game to add to my summer list. +::lol
Spoiler: show
With the lessons getting harder here in school, the only time I can play games is during summer! +::cry

loof123 wrote:Looks good. I'll play it someday. BTW The characters look like Grandpa and Harvey From Dawn's Light.

That's 'coz those are the default character/avatar/sprite sets made by Enterbrain for the RPG Maker VX.
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Postby bodeia » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:09 am

not a bad game, easy to follow funny dialogue - a good distraction while waiting.... +::biggrin
Be careful if you make a woman cry because God counts her tears
Woman came out of a man's rib
Not from his feet to be walked on
Not from his head to be superior but from the side to be equal
Under the arm to be protected and next to the heart to be loved
bodeia
Ranger

Postby Alikamou » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:53 am

Dialog is hilarious +::biggrin It'll pass the time nicely +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby sahmhappy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:06 am

It was cute. I thought the talking to wheelbarrows was funny. The game flowed better than some of the "other" (not our main focus, reason for playing) games out there. ( +::shhhh That could be because Amaranth was involved. She had a credit.) Very short game. I quess that is why it only cost $5
sahmhappy
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:12 am

+::shhhh I'm still trying to level up +::biggrin Haven't braved the desert yet...got the girl in the party tho +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby diklazam » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:58 am

i am stuck as usuall cant find how to help move construction and cant find a mage?
can someone help?
tx
diklazam
Bounty Hunter

Postby bodeia » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:20 am

to find the mage go to Thimpote Ruins and follow the bunny girl - help her and there you go....
You'll need the mage to help with the construction quest - she knows someone....

Oh I've finished the game I think I completed 6 quests can anyone tell me if that was all there was
bodeia
Ranger

Postby AuntIggy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm

I really like the game. I love the music. I have 4 quests so far and am still on my own.
Also, there are several free games on this guys site jaybot7. I don't have any idea what they're like.
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Alikamou » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:09 pm

AuntIggy... +::heart the NEW PIX
Just got through counting some of the quests...got 17 from different categories under the quest button.
Hey Bodeia, did you do the desert thing (4 gates)? Were they all located in the desert area? Took southern path first and came up against blocked fountain...then backed out FAST +::fear +::fear +::fear
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby bodeia » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Yep did the desert quest, it's better if you do it once there are 2 of you and you are a little higher in level - I was level 11 - you need to uncover 3 of them then a the gate to the last opens and you have another boss fight
bodeia
Ranger

Postby Alikamou » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:27 pm

Definitely need to level up more +::biggrin Thanks Bodeia, will let you know when I get stuck +::shhhh
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Jaybot7 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:56 am

Wow, thanks for all the downloads and comments, much appreciated :) Sorry for the late arrival!

bodeia and Alikamou: glad you enjoy the dialogue. I try to write in a manner which is easy to enjoy for anybody ;)

sahmhappy: Talking to wheelbarrows is a long-running joke that has been going on for years in the Arvale series, if you want to talk to more Wheelbarrows, the previous Arvale games are available on PC for Free here: http://jaybot7.com/blog/free-games . They were originally designed for mobile devices, but they're perfectly playable on the PC too. :)

The game is short as I plan on doing them in short episodes at $5 each instead of one long game to keep development time and costs down. Episode II I plan on finishing by the end of March.

AuntIggy: Glad you like the game! The composer is very happy that you like the music too (me +::kiss ). The free games available on my site are for various game projects (including the previous Arvale games) I worked on with other companies. I would highly recommend them, but I'm totally biased ;)

bodeia, also thanks for giving tips on the game :) If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.
Jaybot7
Bard

Next

Return to Games from other Developers