Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Arvale II

Arvale II

Postby Indinera » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Arvale II

Only $5.00

Duncan Forsythe, son of Druncan Forsythe, is the royal gardener of Entoque Castle. He spends his days battling nasty flower beds, hunting down poisonous weeds, and occasionally doing his Royal Majesty’s laundry . . . meanwhile, the buzz around the castle is that Duncan once saved the world.

This is news to Duncan. He can’t remember a thing that happened over the last few years. He definitely doesn’t remember saving the world. Unfortunately, he may have to – lest the world get thrown into turmoil yet again.

As Episode 2 begins, the party arrives on the new continent of Soneros-Invyl and Duncan’s memory seems to be recovering little by little… yet the more he remembers, the more he wishes to forget!

Dark forces are rising, and the key to defeating them lies in Duncan’s memory – the memory that is now scattered throughout the world of Arvale. Take him on an epic quest to retrieve those memories and thwart certain doom for the entire world, all the while battling monsters, exploring dungeons, challenging dragons, rescuing fair maidens, gathering friends and foes, and – it wouldn’t be an Arvale adventure without this – talking with wheelbarrows.

• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Arvale II

Postby D-Squall » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:42 pm

I saw screenshots on the google and I tought that was going to be completely different +:::|
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Jaybot7 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:10 am

Screenshots of the game would be completely different than the screenshots of the game? :)
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:56 am

That's what I saw. :(
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Jaybot7 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:25 am

Yeah, I'm a bit confused by what you're saying. What did you see exactly? Can I see it too?
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:16 am

Hey jaybot...Love the new wheelbarrows +::lol Even the statue 'details' ;) +::lol You've already got me checking everyone and everything out and haven't even left the town yet +::lol

Quick Q: music is skipping a bit every so often. could it be because java trying to update at the same time?
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Jaybot7 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:17 am

Hey Alikamou! Glad you're enjoying it :)

Uh... music skipping? Yes, yes, blame Java! Or Windows Update! :)

Honestly, it could be that. But out of curiosity, is it in the middle of the song, or does it seem to skip at then very end when the song seems to loop? It could be that song in particular has a bum loop (I noticed it a couple times, but chose to blame my virus scanner).

If it doesn't seem to happen in other places (you know, once you leave the town :) ) then I'll know the culprit, and I will switch everything over to ogg vorbis by the next game.
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:58 am

FINISHED AND LOVED IT! +::Thumbup Will be waiting for the next episode +::biggrin

Music did hiccup throughout. Some parts, especially mines was a little jerky, but not enough to deter any playing continuation.

Story took on more indepth meaning and the bosses took awhile, but I was lucky with the combination team in the mines +::lol Cute jokes +::lol had me in stitches +::lol +::lol +::lol
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby titaness » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:14 am

Jaybot, Is this not the same game that was already released as Arvale2 a couple of months
ago, or is this a new one? I'm confused!! +::biggrin
Image Image
I must cherish every moment, for it soon will rush away
And be lost to me forever, as a part of yesterday
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:17 am

It's a new one.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Alikamou » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:58 pm

@Titaness - The other is Arvale II - Ocean of Time. Different chara, but still got same places going to now in new ATM II. I didn't get lost this time, as I so often do +::lol
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby johnywop » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:07 am

I'm atuck. Is there a walkthrough or a forum for help with this game, thanks, Johnny
johnywop
Peasant

Postby Alikamou » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:23 am

have you checked in your journal? gives ideas on where to go next.
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Jaybot7 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:04 am

Wow Alikamou, you're fast :) Glad you enjoyed it. Don't worry, I have a few tricks up my sleeves on how to improve performance (which I tested out yesterday and seem to work well). Yeah, the bosses are getting a bit lot stronger, and starting to get a bit trickier (the final boss is impolite and doesn't like to wait his turn like the guys before him). The party is starting to get a lot stronger now too though :)

Oh, Titaness... That is an excellent question! Ah the history of Arvale titles is already getting confusing (although, I'm getting a bit teary eyed just thinking about it) :)

Arvale II: Ocean of Time was a full-fledged (read: really, really long storyline and gameplay ) RPG which was released for Windows Mobile devices roughly 4 years ago. It was ported to iPhone in May 2009 and did quite well. Last December the owners of Arvale I (Journey of Illusion) and Arvale II (Ocean of Time), http://pdamill.com/ , felt generous for the holiday season and decided to release Arvale II (Ocean of Time) on the PC for free.

Arvale: Treasure of Memories is an Episodic series developed separately by Jaybot7 *solely* the PC with a completely different engine. This title is Arvale: Treasure of Memories, Episode II

And to confuse matters just a touch more, there is also a full RPG game called Arvale: Short Tales which is sadly only available (in its full form) on Windows Mobile devices. http://bit.ly/cZgK1l

And not quite as confusing, but a lot of fun, there was a mobile game called Melonchi Minecarts , which was a great puzzle game which took place in the Melonchi Mines of Arvale, and featured the Dwarves, Duncan, and the hero of Arvale II: Ocean of Time. http://bit.ly/brbvKw (if anyone is curious about the exploding track remarks, click on that link and watch the video ;) )

Um... does that answer your question. I fear I may have confused you even more! +:oops:
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby Jaybot7 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:12 am

@johnywop: Where are you stuck? I'll help you out the best that I can (unless Alikamou or bodeia beat me to it ;) )
Jaybot7
Bard

Next

Return to Games from other Developers