Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Alpha Kimori

Re: Alpha Kimori

Postby Alikamou » Sun May 15, 2011 6:15 pm

It was neat that I didn't have to worry about levelling Rick up when he did come into play +::biggrin
And...we're going to bug you every-so-often about the next episode +::Thumbup :razz:
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Sherman » Sun May 15, 2011 6:34 pm

*LOL* If only we have all the money in the world just to work on Alpha Kimori. ^_^;;; Here's an interview that might better explain why Alpha Kimori Episode Two might take some time: http://www.rpgamer.com/games/alphakim/a ... p1int.html ^_^;;;
Sherman
Peasant

Postby Alikamou » Sun May 15, 2011 6:47 pm

+::whistle Great interview +::clap and information +::Thumbup I'll still be waiting for episode 2 +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby D-Squall » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:05 am

I finished Alpha Kimori today and as I promised to the creator that I would make a review, here it is:

Story:
The story of Alpha Kimori is kind of... hard to understand, I mean... in the beginning I was just enjoying Vanessa's passion for Rick, Daygan's rivalry with Rick and the lost will of Rick to kill Ki Creatures. Suddenly the game became too hard to understand and all and then I couldn't understand its story so well... But by what I could understand, the revolutions of Elders in order to collect Ki Crystals in order to find the Angel RICA is very good, I found the events of this game very exciting and all, the cast of characters are very well-done... they look like characters that you would really want to meet. Sorry, I don't have much what to say about the story as I mentioned before, I didn't understand so well.

Graphics:
I've never seen this graphics in a RPGM game before, they were cute and colorful... and also very bright, the maps were fun to explore with those graphics. Another thing that it's worth mentioning is the artowrks, all them very ''anime style'' but with a lot more professional touch, I loved to see them in the title screen and everytime a character cast a spell... So I congratulate the team of this game for doing a beautiful job with the artworks.

Gameplay:
Gameplay is very common, as you would see in a lot of RPGM games, but some features like the menu will remind you of the menu screen of Aveyond, you can change party leaders, equip, use items... all these common things that all RPGs have. But the game doesn't get boring because of that, there's also sidequests that you can do by talking to people and get some nice rewards for it.
Now some things that I didn't liked was that in boss battles, the boss cast some spells and the battle animation lags the game which lets the battle very annoying as the boss cast the same spell lots of times and all, and I didn't liked the parts of the game where you had to do some excessive backtracks and all... oh, and the excessive amounts of enemies in the Prison at the game's end.

Music:
The second most strong point in the game after the graphics in my opinion. The music was somewhat exciting, every music has a kind of hyper rythm, like the towns theme... but the ones that I loved was the title theme and the battle theme, those were fantastic themes... I loved to listen the title theme in some battles than in the title itself. The battle theme gives the excitation the players needs when fighting enemies. To finish the game is awesome.

To finish Alpha Kimori was a very enjoyable game, it has its flaws like the dificult to understand the story, but if the story won't work with you, you'll be happy to just know more about the characters of this game and understand their stand-points. :) I recommend this game.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Sherman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:45 am

Thank you very much for the review, D-Squall! +::heart If you need any help in understanding the story, please do ask. ^_^ I thought it was pretty straightforward although it tells the perspective of the main plot from the perspectives of all the characters. ^_^;;;

Speaking about reviews, we got our first official one from Gamezebo: http://www.gamezebo.com/games/alpha-kim ... ubt/review +::YAY
Sherman
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:33 am

Congratulations, Sherman! :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Sherman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:41 am

Thank you very much, Indinera! Your games are awesome and I am sure all your fans here would agree! +::Thumbup
Sherman
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:44 am

Thank you for the nice compliment!
I wish you all the best for this series. ^^
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Sherman wrote:Thank you very much for the review, D-Squall! +::heart If you need any help in understanding the story, please do ask. ^_^ I thought it was pretty straightforward although it tells the perspective of the main plot from the perspectives of all the characters. ^_^;;;

Speaking about reviews, we got our first official one from Gamezebo: http://www.gamezebo.com/games/alpha-kim ... ubt/review +::YAY

If I play this game again someday, I will +::Thumbup . And Congratulations on your review on Gamezebo, I've read it already, good job!

Sherman wrote:Thank you very much, Indinera! Your games are awesome and I am sure all your fans here would agree! +::Thumbup

I agree, Indy games are awesome. +::clap
Last edited by D-Squall on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby chrome » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:44 pm

This was such a nice game to play. The graphics amazed me...so pretty and colorful +::O_o I love the art and music especially the theme song. It was short and not very challenging but I still like it. Great job Sherman +::Thumbup
chrome
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Sherman » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Thank you very much, chrome! I am glad you enjoyed Alpha Kimori Great Doubt Episode One! ^_^ Alpha Kimori is essentially an interactive novel so as long as you follow the main storyline and feel for the characters, you have played the game successfully. It is not meant to be particularly challenging. ^_^;;; Our main theme is named BiRD and is created by Japanese composer, Yossy, from http://www.Studio-Misty.com ^_^
Sherman
Peasant

Postby blue_grub2me » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:44 pm

[color=#0000FF]I really enjoyed the game, especially the graphics. Having read the interview with SC, I want to congratulate him and his company. I will look forward to the next episode. :)
blue_grub2me
blue_grub2me
Peasant

Postby Sherman » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:54 pm

Thank you very much, blue_brub2me! ^_^ We are working on Episode Two as we speak. ^_^ Please do keep updated at: http://www.Facebook.com/AlphaKimori or http://www.AlphaKimori.com
Sherman
Peasant

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers