Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Vagrant Hearts

Re: New RPG: Vagrant Hearts

Postby horror » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Okay - went to Astaroth's Crater and successfully defeated Drake and Zemekis. Used alot of mana potions, so decided to go back to Desert Village before exploring the Crater further to stock up. My peeps are visible in the Crater, visible outside on the Wyvern, but when I go back to Desert Village my whole party is invisible, and I can't interact with the shopkeeper to get more potions. Help!
horror
Wanderer

Postby horror » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:49 pm

horror wrote:Okay - went to Astaroth's Crater and successfully defeated Drake and Zemekis. Used alot of mana potions, so decided to go back to Desert Village before exploring the Crater further to stock up. My peeps are visible in the Crater, visible outside on the Wyvern, but when I go back to Desert Village my whole party is invisible, and I can't interact with the shopkeeper to get more potions. Help!

Never ye mind! As it turns out I didn't need either more potions or the Judgement Crest to defeat Astaroth! It would've been nice to have had the opportunity to equip the Shiva and Hell Crests after defeating Valmor and before he summoned Astaroth - but as it turns out that didn't matter much either. Have finished the game! Yay! I believe this is the best game yet from Warfare Studios, and am lurking forward to the continuing story of Vagrant Hearts! +::clap
horror
Wanderer

Postby D-Squall » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Congratz, after all, you made three followed posts. +::biggrin
The last boss was easy because you could poison him. :)
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby horror » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

D-Squall wrote:Congratz, after all, you made three followed posts. +::biggrin
The last boss was easy because you could poison him. :)

I didn't even use poison on him. I just kept paralyzing him with Beatrice and Telma, and using the Alura spell on Razima to uber him up so he could hit physically for double damage. Hell, I didn't need to heal once because he was always either paralyzed, or sometimes I had Scarllet put him to sleep as well. Awesome! However - for anyone else who hasn't made it to the endgame yet - make sure you have LOTS of mana potions (I had about 55 of the 50% mana potions and 85 40% mana potions, and went through all of the former and about 40 of the latter for all the Crater encounters, including Astaroth) before you hit any aspect of Astaroth's Crater - you're gonna need 'em! +::wizard
horror
Wanderer

Postby Alikamou » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:59 am

+:oops: I went out after facing off with the dastardly duo before the final battles +::shhhh Went to go look for fragments and levelled up more in the rainbow forest. Got a lot of exp there and found the uber weapons for each character...then went back for the finale +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Del » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:10 am

@Horror
The problem about invisible character you mentioned has already been solved, are you sure you have the latest version?
Anyway, congratulations on beating the game, I'm glad you liked it, Vagrant Hearts 2 is already under development, as you can see now it was always my inttention to make a sequel, maybe not right after VH1 but due the game' success that is what I'll do... :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Rabbit » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:12 am

Argh! I found a bug. I spent some time combing all the maps and found all 20 Rojak fragments. But the game won't let me enter the cave by Udama Bridge, where the guy who wanted them lives. All I can do is walk back and forth across the cave entrance.

I also encountered the various other bugs reported in this topic, which I'll repreat here, just to confirm that they happen to more than one person.

- Some inventory is lost after sleeping the first night in Ganto Village.

- If you re-enter Desert Village after the scene with Scarlet and Wyatt on the bridge, you end up on the bridge again (not by the door), and the party is invisible. I tried talking to people, changing party members, and engaging in battle, but none of these made either Scarlet or the wyvern reappear on the screen.

- There are several sprites that have white backgrounds instead of transparent backgrounds. These include Queen Lavigne, Izabel, Valmor, and one other woman whose name I've forgotten.

- The "leaf book" cannot be equipped by anyone in the party. (It looks like it's supposed to be for Beatrice.)

- The staff called "catastrophe" cannot be equipped by anyone in the party. (It looks like it's supposed to be for Telma.)

- The sword called "zweihander"...
Spoiler: show
This can only be equipped by Lynch, but he already has one. Was the extra one meant for Scarlet? She can't equip it.

- After defeating Valmor and Aurora, there's no opportunity to equip the Shiva and Hell crests they drop.

- The text could use some proof-reading.

--------------------
I finished the game anyway, as all that's really needed is a great healer, someone that can paralyze, and someone that can poison.

The story seems to be modeled closely after the Dark Souls I story, which I enjoyed. I would have liked to get to know these characters better. Beatrice's special healing gift seems to get "lost" early in the game. What caused her to shift from "it's my duty to use my gift to help people" to "it's my duty to fight"? I enjoyed the part where she had to rush around the ruins and heal everyone in 15 minutes; this got me hoping there would be other parts of the game that would focus on her healing gift instead of always fighting, fighting, and fighting.

The crest system did make the fighting part interesting, because of the limited number of crests available and the fact that each character could only use 4 crests at once. Picking and choosing who should have each available spell (instead of just leveling up to learn new spells) turned out to be a good thing. To add variety to the boss fights, I'd suggest making a few of them immune to paralysis and a few of them immune to poison.

I liked the wide variety of treasure strewn around the maps. This made careful exploration fun and rewarding. For those who were asking about the Bone Desert... when I was done in there, I had six new crests, the last Rojak fragment, a new party member, and an extra weapon. And there's another hidden dungeon elsewhere on the world map that has a great accessory in it. However, after all that exploration, not being able to see the reward for finding the 20 Rojak fragments is sad.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby Del » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Alright Rabbit, here is my answer:

1 - I fixed that bug right now, it was true the game wouldn't let you enter Branto's House for the Rojak Fragments reward.
2 - I've been looking into the bug where the equipment is lost in Ganto but I can't seem to reproduce it myself so it makes it hard to know what is causing it... but I'm looking into it.
3 - The invisible party has already been fixed, you probably don't have the latest version.
4 - It has been fixed already too.
5 - Fixed in the latest version.
6 - Catastrophe is Hellius' last weapon.
7 - You're right, you're supposed to get Hellraiser and not Zweihander, it's fixed now.

I understand what you mean about Beatrice, I was afraid that it would get boring, just healing and healing, I think characters needs to mature and change as the story goes by and that is what I did with Beatrice... Now, Vagrant Hearts 2 will have a lot more to say about the characters, all of them, you will see.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:04 pm

One other thing I want to know Del, in Vagrant Hearts 2... will Scarllet learn a gift too? Because when the party arrives on Crimson Forest, Hellius mention that he can feel a power coming from Scarllet... speaking of Hellius, he'll be back?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Del » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:22 pm

You will have to be patient... :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Alikamou » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:52 pm

+:::| Thought Scarlett's power was *judgment* +::biggrin Actually found my 19th fragment in the desert where I never passed over it correctly to trigger the entry +:oops: +::biggrin Got the crest and put on Beatrice, but...Scarlett's packs way more of a "whallop"! +::Dance
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby polarbr » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:21 pm

I'm having problems in the "Ghost Tunnels". I get through the first screen fine, then when I go through the tunnel on the top of the page and into the second area, I can only fight the ghost. I can't get in the water and when I try to go through the carved door in the upper right , Scarlette says "It won't budge". And clues as to what I'm missing here? +::Dunno
polarbr
Wanderer

Postby D-Squall » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:23 pm

You have to activate a switch to open the door.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby polarbr » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:26 pm

And this switch would be located where???????? +::sos
polarbr
Wanderer

Postby D-Squall » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:28 pm

The place isn't so big, search a bit more.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers