Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Fated Haven

Re: New RPG: Fated Haven

Postby Alikamou » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:40 am

+::Thumbup +::biggrin I don't like to grind, but I have found it easier to last longer when I do +::biggrin So I get to see what this type of playing is all about +::whistle and since I now have the full version...I get to go wandering all over the place +::Dance So...it will probably be a looooong play time for me instead of the the 7-1/2 hours :razz:
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby FatedPro » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:45 am

Alikamou wrote:+::Thumbup +::biggrin I don't like to grind, but I have found it easier to last longer when I do +::biggrin So I get to see what this type of playing is all about +::whistle and since I now have the full version...I get to go wandering all over the place +::Dance So...it will probably be a looooong play time for me instead of the the 7-1/2 hours :razz:

Well thank you for the support, it's appreciated. Have fun enjoying the world of Fated Haven :) Let me know if you ever get stuck or anything and what you think when you're done playing through +::Thumbup
FatedPro
Bard

Postby FatedPro » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:48 am

Sorry to double post, but there's an important update to full versions.
If you purchased the game, you should see a patch emailed to you.

If you did not receive the patch, please email support@fatedproductions.com with your order number, and I'll be sure to send you the patch.

Again, this is for full versions only. Trial versions no need to worry :)
FatedPro
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Playing the demo, the game is beautiful and looks very promising. ^^

But I wish I would run without the holding the shift button and cancel my choices without having to press ESC and yes the 0 button like I usually do, is there a way to do that? I mean, only the ESC thing.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby FatedPro » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:44 pm

D-Squall wrote:Playing the demo, the game is beautiful and looks very promising. ^^

But I wish I would run without the holding the shift button and cancel my choices without having to press ESC and yes the 0 button like I usually do, is there a way to do that? I mean, only the ESC thing.

You mean you want the option to be able to play with the number pad? I could add it, if you would like. It will take some time, but I can probably have an update out soon.. :) Glad to hear you like the game ^^
FatedPro
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Yeah that, thanks. :) I will continue playing until then.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby FatedPro » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:54 pm

D-Squall wrote:Yeah that, thanks. :) I will continue playing until then.

Hi D-Squall,

Thanks for your patience. I went ahead and applied a fix to the game so that it now supports NumPad play, like you asked, and I'm pretty sure it now supports gamepads.

I'm not 100% sure on the gamepads, as I cannot do testing myself. However, the engine supports gamepads by default, and we had a script conflict disabling the numpad gameplay, which also disabled the gamepad. So that should work too.

You can either redownload the demo (which is now updated), or you can apply a patch, that I uploaded for you:

Please note: This patch is only for the demo version of the game. If you purchased the full version, you were emailed your own patch, if needed already.

http://www.fatedhaven.com/demo_patch.zip

Instructions are in the zip file. Thanks!
Last edited by FatedPro on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FatedPro
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi Nate, this link is broken. I recommend to fix it. I'm downloading the demo again, thanks. +::Thumbup
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby FatedPro » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Sorry, I got the casing on the download incorrect. It was lower-cased, not the other way around. Sorry! It works now ^^
FatedPro
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:52 pm

Wow, that was fast! Downloading! +::biggrin
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby FatedPro » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:16 pm

No problem :) Let me know if you have any problems.
FatedPro
Bard

Postby GrannyS » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:36 pm

I am at Temple of the Sky. Not enough lockpick skill to open chest. Been looking for the key, been everywhere I hope it isn't in the chest.
I had a heck of a time defeating the vampire. I was only getting 7-8 hits from leif, and using light spell avg 20 am I not leveling up enough. I am only level 11 and I am at the Temple of the Sky.

I like using my joystick, cannot seem to get it selected with F1 am I doing something wrong. Do I need to disable mouse.
GrannyS
Wanderer

Postby FatedPro » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:23 pm

GrannyS wrote:I am at Temple of the Sky. Not enough lockpick skill to open chest. Been looking for the key, been everywhere I hope it isn't in the chest.
I had a heck of a time defeating the vampire. I was only getting 7-8 hits from leif, and using light spell avg 20 am I not leveling up enough. I am only level 11 and I am at the Temple of the Sky.

I like using my joystick, cannot seem to get it selected with F1 am I doing something wrong. Do I need to disable mouse.

Hi GrannyS,

Can you PM me your email address so I can send you a patch to try for your joystick?

This game uses an auto-balance feature. The enemies level whenever you do, and in balanced stats as you. You may, or may not have to "grind" a little, I'm not sure, I'd have to see your party. But the way the system is designed, is you shouldn't have to grind that often, if ever.

As for the Temple of the Sky...

In the main room you start in (with the locked door), there's two torches that are not lit. You need to find a way to light them. If you go West from the room you start in, there's a large maze with many (I think about 14? Don't quote me on the exact number) switches. Once you've flipped them all, you'll hear a noise, and get a message about a sound heard in the distance. That's when the door to the north is open. Inside the room, you'll find a switch that lights one of the torches in the main room.

Now from the main room you start in, if you go East, you have a few portal puzzles to go through, but you'll find another switch. Once both torches are lit, the door in the room you start in, opens.

Also, as a side note, nothing ever required is in locked chests. You could go through the entire game without picking a single lock :)

Please let me know if I can help you any further.
FatedPro
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi again, I installed the patch but I still couldn't play using the number pad.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby FatedPro » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:33 pm

D-Squall wrote:Hi again, I installed the patch but I still couldn't play using the number pad.

Hi again D-Squall,

I'm sorry, I must have somehow placed the wrong file in the folder. I went through and tried it myself, and it wasn't working. I could have sword I grabbed the right file.

I DID, however, get it right this time. I even tripple checked, haha.

Same url as before:

http://www.fatedhaven.com/demo_patch.zip

Sorry about that! +::lol
FatedPro
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers