Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Fated Haven

Re: New RPG: Fated Haven

Postby feyone2 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:16 am

I'm really enjoying the game.....have just 1 question. Where do I find the key for the hidden temple?
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby FatedPro » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:18 am

feyone2 wrote:I'm really enjoying the game.....have just 1 question. Where do I find the key for the hidden temple?

Hi there,
How far are you in the game so far?
If you're not far enough, I don't want to spoil anything for you, but I will say you do not get it until near end of the game, after you've restored the magic in the Ice Cave.
FatedPro
Bard

Postby feyone2 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:26 am

I'm up to where Neil has transported them back to the temple east of Vance and they've collected lots of goodies in the forest and played the chance game a number of times...so I'm not sure where to go from here...maybe the arena? But they were told by Neil not to go near the towns?!?
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby FatedPro » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:30 am

feyone2 wrote:I'm up to where Neil has transported them back to the temple east of Vance and they've collected lots of goodies in the forest and played the chance game a number of times...so I'm not sure where to go from here...maybe the arena? But they were told by Neil not to go near the towns?!?

Hi, from the Ruins screen, go down one screen south, then one screen east. From there, approach the waterfall and see what happens :)
If you ever get lost, open your menu, and choose the option "Objective". It will give you a hint as to where you should go, and even provide a picture.
Let me know if this helps :)
FatedPro
Bard

Postby feyone2 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:32 am

Thanks a million FatedPro!!! +::Dance
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby GrannyS » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:35 pm

I never found the key, quit looking thought it was a tease. And what do I do with the Ocarina? I guess I will have to go looking. will I need to trigger the need for the key by going to the Hidden temple first.
GrannyS
Wanderer

Postby FatedPro » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:29 pm

GrannyS,

There's a man in the Inn in Vance that takes the ocarina. He's the guy that mentions something about wanting to do music for a living.
This is the same town, and same Inn, in which you found Claire at the beginning of the game. Doing this trading side quest, gets you the hidden key.

It's just extra to do though.
Let me know if I can be of anymore help :)
FatedPro
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:16 pm

+::O_o It seems I've missed a lot of side quests +:oops: So I can just go back a save or two and try it again +::biggrin

As for what I'd like to see? Well...like it just the way it is. I'm anticipating new characters cause leif has lost some party members...wondering if we'll get to import our save and keep the supplies we've accumulated so far, and most importantly...wondering if we'll be able to go back to all those places we couldn't get treasure chests too high for us to open +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby johnboy412000 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:27 pm

I have just purchased the full version from Plimus.How do i get the full version please +::sos +::sos
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby FatedPro » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi there,
Please check your email. There should be a link emailed to you that contains the full version. Be sure to check your junk folder :)
FatedPro
Bard

Postby johnboy412000 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:43 pm

FatedPro wrote:Hi there,
Please check your email. There should be a link emailed to you that contains the full version. Be sure to check your junk folder :)

Thanks the link has arrived from Plimus.They always seem a bit slow +::Thumbup
Hopefully ill be able to continue from where i left off in the game.was on with beating that what ever it was in the temple.
The puzzles were great by the way i managed to suss them out +::Thumbup
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby FatedPro » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:44 pm

johnboy412000 wrote:
FatedPro wrote:Hi there,

Thanks the link has arrived from Plimus.They always seem a bit slow +::Thumbup
Hopefully ill be able to continue from where i left off in the game.was on with beating that what ever it was in the temple.

Hi there,

Let me quote you a post from my forum on importing your saves:

Wonderful! So you've decided to purchase Fated Haven.

For that, I must thank you. The support is greatly appreciated. Now, let's get to the point:

Importing your save files between Demo and Full Version

The first step is to go to the directory in which you installed the Demo of Fated Haven. You chose this during the installation.

Chances are it's in your C:/ drive.

Depending on the Operating System you're using, the game will be in one of two folders (by default installation):

1.) X:/Program Files/Fated Haven Chapter One (DEMO)*
2.) X:/Program Files (x86)/ Fated Haven Chapter One (DEMO)*

Replace X with the hard drive you installed Fated Haven to. Chances are, it's going to be C:/

Next, you're going to want to grab the save files. The number of files you need to grab depends on the number of save slots you used during the demo. You'll want to grab at LEAST two.

The files you're wanting to grab are Autosave, and Save1 - Save25. You may not have more than an Autosave and a Save1 file, that's okay. That just means you only used one save slot (not including the Autosave) in the demo! :)
To grab more than one file at a time, hold the ctrl key, and left click the files you need to move, which we mentioned above. Next, press and hold ctrl and c at the same time.

The next step, is just moving the files into the full version directory.
By default installation, the directory is either:

1.)X:/Program Files/Fated Haven Chapter One
2.)X:/Program Files (x86)/Fated Haven Chapter One

Again, this depends on the Operating System you're using. Replace X with the hard drive volume letter you installed the game to. Navigate to the Fated Haven Chapter One folder.

This screenshot is my Program Files folder. You'll see the full version folder is right above the demo version folder :) If you can find one, you should be able to find the other just fine :)

Once inside the folder, press and hold the ctrl key, and the v key at the same time.

This will move your files from the Demo installation, to your full installation. You will be asked if you want to overwrite the files. Choose yes.

You may have problems if you try to load your Autosave. If you do, try another save file.

You're all set!

Let me know if you have any problems, or if I can maybe do a video if my instructions aren't clear enough.

Most of all, enjoy the game, and thanks for your purchase!

*Edit:
It has come to my attention that some computers put the game save files in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Fated Haven
If you cannot find the save files in the folders I mention above, please look there. USERNAME is variable, and just depends on the name of the computer account.

Please let me know if I can help you any further on it. Thanks for your support!
FatedPro
Bard

Postby johnboy412000 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:50 pm

FatedPro wrote:
titaness wrote:After playing the demo for 2 hours (that's how long it took me), I bought the full version, but when I try to
load my saved games from the demo, there are none. Surely I don't have to start the whole game over, do
I? I looked in my saved files in roaming/app data, and didn't see any for Faded haven. Can anyone tell me where
they are, and how to get them to load on the full version?? +::grrr +::biggrin

Hi there, glad you liked the demo, and thanks for your purchase!

Have you tried C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Fated Haven by chance? That's where a few people have been finding them. I find it different on a few computers, which is strange.

johnboy412000:
That's very strange, i've never heard of this happening before. What happens when you click the decrease button? Are you using the mouse? Keyboard? I just tested both out and cannot replicate the issue.
Has anybody else experienced this?

Im adding the extra points to the bottom 2 catagories Lock Pick and Agillity.Have filled the Lock Pick up to a maximum of 35 it wont go any higher.I thought there was a chest that needed 50 points somewhere in the jungle area.
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby FatedPro » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:51 pm

johnboy412000 wrote:
FatedPro wrote:
titaness wrote:After playing the demo for 2 hours (that's how long it took me), I bought the full version, but when I try to
load my saved games from the demo, there are none. Surely I don't have to start the whole game over, do
I? I looked in my saved files in roaming/app data, and didn't see any for Faded haven. Can anyone tell me where
they are, and how to get them to load on the full version?? +::grrr +::biggrin

Hi there, glad you liked the demo, and thanks for your purchase!

Have you tried C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Fated Haven by chance? That's where a few people have been finding them. I find it different on a few computers, which is strange.

johnboy412000:
That's very strange, i've never heard of this happening before. What happens when you click the decrease button? Are you using the mouse? Keyboard? I just tested both out and cannot replicate the issue.
Has anybody else experienced this?

Im adding the extra points to the bottom 2 catagories Lock Pick and Agillity.Have filled the Lock Pick up to a maximum of 35 it wont go any higher.I thought there was a chest that needed 50 points somewhere in the jungle area.

Hi there,
The chest in the Hidden Forest (right outside the Hidden Temple) requires 35 lock points. :)
FatedPro
Bard

Postby titaness » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Great game Faded Pro!! Really enjoying it. I'm ready to go complete the game, but am dying to see what's in that
hidden temple. I read somewhere here that you get the key in exchange for an Ocarina.....but where is that??
Have you considered a quest log for upcoming games, and if so, will they carry over so they can be completed
in subsequent chapters??? And, that auto dash would really, really be great!! +::Thumbup +::kiss
Image Image
I must cherish every moment, for it soon will rush away
And be lost to me forever, as a part of yesterday
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers