Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Path of Thanatos

The Path of Thanatos

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:57 am

THE PATH OF THANATOS

$8 only!

A brand new game, from a brand new developer.

You are the son of the great General Cadmon, who served in the Third Great War of monsters and men. You have grown up comfortable in the desert town of Ra Heru, never knowing the hardships of war. However, all that is set to change. Your Father is blamed for the murder of the King and taken away to be executed, your village is attacked and destroyed by monsters, and there is a plot in motion that could very well begin the Fourth Great War. What begins as a simple quest to rescue your Father shall become a fight for the survival of the human race...

The game features:
- 7+ hours of game play and 14 unique areas
- Life and death choices
- An epic tale that spans years
- Over 40 unique abilities & enemies

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: The Path of Thanatos

Postby D-Squall » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:32 am

Downloaded in 20 minutes, the game looks very small. However I didn't like it, I couldn't see any original resource, it looks liek the game is entirely made with standard RPG Maker XP resources, that is a let down considering that there is a lot of developers who spends a lot of money to hire artists, musicians, etc...
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby OniLink » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:11 am

Hi D-Squall,

I'm the guy that made Path of Thanatos. Out of interest, what do you mean by "very small"? I can assure you that there is at least 7 hours worth of content in the game. And yes, aside from some of my sprite edits and pictures, the game uses the RPG Maker XP RTP graphics. However, I'd implore you not to judge everything based on that. This is a video game, after all, and graphics don't make a game. I have tried my best to make up for any aesthetic faults with good design and a solid gameplay experience. I would have loved to be able to hire all those things, but unfortunately I simply don't have the funds. My hope is that I will be able to do so for my next project.

Regardless, thanks for your feedback.
OniLink
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:13 am

graphics don't make a game

very true ^^
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Trex » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:49 pm

Cannot get game to run. Have Windows XP. When I click on icon I get a black window for a split second and nothing. Tried download twice. Suggestions?

Edit: Used Mediafire first and then atomic gamer and got message RGSS104E.dll not found.
Trex
Bard

Postby OniLink » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:57 pm

Hi Trex,

If you go into the folder where you installed the game, you'll find the rtpxp.exe file. Use that, and the game should work fine. Sorry for the inconvinience.
OniLink
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:58 pm

Isn't it possible to include this file directly in the game's package? That would make it much easier...
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby OniLink » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:19 am

You're one step ahead of me, Indinera =) I just released version 1.01, which fixes a bug with the wagon in the Hekan Desert that one player found, and removes the need for the RMXP RTP to be installed. If you've already purchased the game, I sent you email and reactivated your download link for the new version. Anyone that downloads the demo or the full game from now on will get v1.01.
OniLink
Wanderer

Postby feyone2 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:10 am

I've hit a little problem! I'm in the caves under Cadmon's study and I can't fin d the way to the two sisters or any other way out? Please help!
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Monipsych » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:49 pm

I tried posting on the developers forum and get a message saying site is down? I'm stuck on the ship and don't know how to progress. The captain says to go onto the deck, I've rested, wandered around and talked with everyone but nothing. What am I missing? Cute little game thus far.... For the post before this and the 2 sisters, their are 2 poles with orbs, you have to hit them fight each sister seperately and then together to get out.
Monipsych
Wanderer

Postby Trex » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Thought I was stuck also, but I think I just stood at the bow and waited.
Trex
Bard

Postby horror » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:14 pm

Monipsych wrote:I tried posting on the developers forum and get a message saying site is down? I'm stuck on the ship and don't know how to progress. The captain says to go onto the deck, I've rested, wandered around and talked with everyone but nothing. What am I missing? Cute little game thus far.... For the post before this and the 2 sisters, their are 2 poles with orbs, you have to hit them fight each sister seperately and then together to get out.

Where are the two poles? The only thing in the cave is an old broken sword and a stick thing at the foot of the stairs up with a skull on it. Tried touching this and nothing happens. When I get back to the upper cave, there is nothing there but a bat to fight. Tried to proceed left and only dropped into the hole again with the broken sword and skull stick. Help.
horror
Wanderer

Postby Alikamou » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:34 pm

The opening isn't easy to spot. Look for a faint lightened area in the bottom center of the wall after you fight the bat.

As for the boat? LOL I played with the cannoneer to past the time LOL. Now that was a cute one even if I only had 5G to play with. I just wandered around on deck. It's a waiting time.

Hey Oni...just finished and it's a great reminder of Indy's Laxius Force with having to make sure you use a lot of strategy to win the fights +::Thumbup My only complaint was that the battles and the end of the battles were just a bit slow LOL.
Great story line and just loved all the save spots in Thanatos' castle +::kiss I got to save a lot of my hard earned supplies for the final battle +::YAY
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby OniLink » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:06 am

@feyone2 and horror - Like Alikamou said, there's a hidden passage designated by a faint bit of light. If you can't find it, here's a picture: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/solutionb.png/

@Monipsych - Just go up on deck and wait. You'll see that it will get darker as time progresses. Once it becomes night, things will progress automatically.

@Alikamou - Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed the game =D
OniLink
Wanderer

Postby Millenium » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:39 am

i am stuck
can anyone help me
he's my save file
go right up the screen and you will see the problem
http://www.multiupload.com/R0ZUQTCBRH
Millennium Is The Best
and Travian Is Too http://www.travian.in/?uc=in5_6459