Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Kane's Plight

Kane's Plight

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:51 am

KANE'S PLIGHT

$5 only!

Image Image

This is the first game by Kane's Game.

In Kane’s Plight you are Solaris Kane, and your “main quest” if you must have one, is simply to explore. There are a total of 4 towns and many quests in each. Nearly all quests can be completed in a good or evil way, and certain special quests will continue later depending on your previous actions. Since there are no battles whatsoever in this game, it’s all about the dialog, text, and crazy (but logical for the most part) quest scenarios.

There are a total of 4 skills in the game, as well as your good and evil stats.

-Survivability: Determines how you fare in dangerous situations.
-Mechanics: Lets you manipulate mechanical things.
-Beast Language: Lets you talk to animals!
-Climbing: Still not sure what this does... Oh yea, that’s right! It lets you climb!

Using these 4 skills you will be able to complete quests, complete them in different ways, and access new areas.

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Kane's Plight

Postby kanesgames » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Hello everyone! I made a quest guide for this game which you can find in my sig. And I also updated the game to version 1.1:

First thing's first though. If you haven't yet bought the full game, don't worry: Plimus has already been updated with it. If you have already bought the full game and would like this update, send me an email at:

solaris32@kanesgames.com

and i will send you a download link soon thereafter. You must include your first and last name that was used to buy the game, as well as the email address that was used (or email me using that address). No need to uninstall the full game, just start the installation using the updated install file in the link I send you. And yes saves are completely compatible. To be sure you have this updated version, the main menu should say "Version 1.1" in the lower left. If you've already beat the game and aren't interested in reading my commentary, then you don't really need this update.

The most notable thing is that I have included a commentary mode, accessed at the very beginning of the game. Turning it on will create crystals all over the game. These crystals will tell you my thought process for some of the things I did, as well as explain certain jokes. If you are activating the commentary mode with a save from the previous version, it may ask you to deactivate the mode first. Just say yes then re-examine it and activate it.

Here is a list of other things changed:

Included a new menu script that is designed for single party games like this. Thanks to Brewmeister for the script!

Installation folder now has a credits file which lists credits and links for everything in this game.

There was a bug that sometimes gave people tons of experience if they do Joanna's ring quest the good way. I could not figure out what was causing it, but I had the programming setup in a weird way for that quest so I cleaned it up. Hopefully this will fix it.

You can now sell Joanna's cats-eye ring at any shop for 10 gold. Selling it before completing her quest will obviously break that quest.

Fixed a bug in Hearthson that gave infinite gold. Turn on commentary mode to learn more.

The shady guy's quest gave an inconsistent amount of morality points. It would give you 5 evil if done that way, but only 3 good if done that way. Changed good to 5.

Doubled the time you have to kill the wolf in the good clown quest based on player feedback.

Reduced the requirements to enter the volcano from 35 to 33 for all skills based on player feedback.

Have an option to make the 1st floor of the volcano much easier based on player feedback. You can still do the floor as it was originally intended if you want to.

Increased the time you have on the 4th floor of the volcano by about 40%.

Changed a few insignificant things you probably won't even notice and does not affect the actual game.

Enjoy my game!
I will always be here to answer questions about any of my games :).
Follow me on my Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/KanesGames
kanesgames
Peasant

Postby Alikamou » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:28 am

+:oops: I'm stalled. Can't seem to get any more levelling to get up to 33 across the board so can't play the volcano. +:oops: Didn't save enough of the points to spread them evenly enough for just that. Anything I can do? or do I have to start all over again? (no previous saves because no fighting) +::lol
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby kanesgames » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:32 am

Did you check my quest guide to make sure you found all the end game quests for experience? And did you buy the best equipment you could? If so, and you didn't save your points before learning of the volcano, then yea you'll have to restart :(. But it's not a big deal because now you can do the quests differently :D!
Follow me on my Twitter:
kanesgames
Peasant

Postby Alikamou » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:36 am

+::biggrin was thinking about that +::lol but I was having too much fun being good :razz: +::biggrin
okay...time for another go around.

But...what is that thing on the mountain in front of the cave that I can't get into???????? I would love to shoot it, but no go. And...the wolf chase was a hoot!!!! That took me all of 5 tries before I could get it, even with the extended play time +::biggrin kudos kgames! I couldn't have gotten as far without the walkthrough +::kiss
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby kanesgames » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:39 am

In order to get into that area you have to solve the Hearthson town quest as really evil. Have fun!
Follow me on my Twitter:
kanesgames
Peasant

Postby Alikamou » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:41 am

+::Dunno oh boy...now I'm going to have to try it twice!!!!! +::biggrin But first I need to complete one first +::biggrin Thanks +::kiss
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby blumyst » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:41 pm

nice game. the firwst one before the update was real good at least it gave points. Now if your lucky you get points
where it says you get the points. Also wasnt real happy at one point where you go in to help someone talk to animals and
you click on the crystal to see it says "you can tell I hate cats" That was uneccessary! Not very brilliant cause there
ARE alot of cat lovers in this world AND the aspca. Animals advocates (specially ones for cats) if ya hate cats you hate the alimighty.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Cat lovers? ^^
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby blumyst » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:15 am

good luck Alikamou u wont get all the points it says its giving you cause somehow its messed up, oh
yea and that was so very imature of you. what you put out there goes back to 3 times
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby kanesgames » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:15 am

Blumyst, not everything in the world can cater to everyone. I have my own opinions just like everyone else. I'm personally not a fan of cats, nor am I afraid to admit it. I'm sorry you didn't like me being honest in my game about my feelings. Also, I very promptly replied to your emails of you asking why you're not getting morality points. Like I told you in email, I checked everything (even though nothing in that regard was changed in version 1.1) and it all still works fine. I still get the morality points for quests. As far as I know you're the only one with the problem. Try uninstalling the game, then reinstalling it. If you're still having trouble, make a save right before you complete a quest. Complete the quest a few times to make sure you aren't getting the morality points, then send me that save file and I'll check it.

P.S. Sorry for the late response here; I didn't get the notification email that there were new posts here and didn't think to check until now.

P.P.S. I realize now the mistake I often make. I use the word "hate" interchangeably with "don't like". I don't actually hate cats, I'm just not fond of them at all. I grew up using the word hate for everything I disliked, and too often forget to correct myself. I'm sorry for any confusion.
Follow me on my Twitter:
kanesgames
Peasant

Postby blumyst » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:06 am

I dont care and game needs fixing or rather updating
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby kanesgames » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:30 am

I would love to, however I can't replicate the problem, and no one else has said anything about having this problem either. So it seems you're the only one experiencing it. Like I suggested earlier, can you make a save before you a complete a quest, and where completing that quest should give you morality points but doesn't, then complete this quest a few times to make sure you're not getting the morality points you should, and then email me that save file. And did you take my suggestion about uninstalling the game and then re-installing it? Sometimes errors in games only happen on one person's computer because that computer, for one reason or another, messed up the install. I'd also suggest trying it on another computer if you can. And finally, you can even record a video of you playing where you show your morality points in the menu, then complete a quest that should give morality points but doesn't, then show the menu again. Look up the free version of Hypercam.
Follow me on my Twitter:
kanesgames
Peasant

Re: Kane's Plight

Postby kanesgames » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:26 pm

I thought some of you might be interested to know that I am working on a far superior sequel to this game. I will be posting weekly updates on my progress at my forums here:

http://kanesgames.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=13

When the game is complete you will be able to find it for sale here and other places :).
Follow me on my Twitter:
kanesgames
Peasant

Re: Kane's Plight

Postby kanesgames » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Kane's Advocacy has been released! Check it out here:

http://www.aldorlea.org/kanesadvocacy.php
Follow me on my Twitter:
kanesgames
Peasant

Return to Games from other Developers