sent you a PM
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Skyborn

Postby Alikamou » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:33 am

L-sama wrote:Hi, just got to the Coal Mine on my way to the desert and I've been stumped with something, hopefully my description's good enough for someone to figure out what I'm talking about. Near the beginning, there's a smaller cave towards the left that you can enter, and there're two red chests on a ledge towards the top-right of that area. The rope ladder isn't low enough for me to climb up, and from what I can tell, I'm supposed to access it from another entrance, but I've searched the entire area (both inside and just outside) and I've come up with nothing.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out with this.

+::YAY Figured it out!
Spoiler: show
You need to go get the 7 of spades from the cave in the desert. Remember the cave door you couldn't open at the bottom area before? Well after doing the other stuff and returning, I've been trying to find that very cave and only found it again now. Go through it, you'll get your card and you end up on that ledge when you go through the door +::lol What a ride +::lol
Now I...
need to go win at the colosseum for the king +::grrr
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby harmonic » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:59 am

Thanks for the awesome feedback everyone!! I'll try to drag Britt in here to comment too :P

As far as the one-way ladder in the coal mine, that's a late game secret! It's also the location of one of the spade cards. Late in the game, head back to the Caladori Desert via airship, then go one screen down, and two screens right, you'll see a cavern that wasn't open before.

Whoops, alikamou beat me to it :)
Creator of Skyborn, Deadly Sin, and Deadly Sin 2! Visit the game website here:
http://www.dancingdragongames.com
Download the free soundtrack album: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philhamilton
harmonic
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:02 am

+::lol At least we could get it. Indy's been known to *tease* us with those from time to time...cause we still can't figure out how to get at them +::grrr +::biggrin

Since I'm trying to tie up loose ends +::biggrin
Question about Colosseum: How many rounds per level before we advance to next one? Going for the *gold* (forgot to count) and utterly taking my time on this one +::fear (but all of this should put me in a better position for what comes next) +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby harmonic » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:25 am

There's 15 rounds total, once you get to the bronze/silver/gold there's 3 per. Then a championship. :) The reward for beating the Colosseum is quite awesome.
harmonic
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:31 am

+::O_o 3 more to go before.... +::fear Those are toughies +::grrr
I skipped all of this my first play through +::biggrin So as I was saying...*tying up loose ends* +::biggrin Man...this should give me an edge against Saehrel this time +::shhhh +::biggrin

I want that king card so I can see the goodies +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby L-sama » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:40 am

Alikamou wrote:
L-sama wrote:Hi, just got to the Coal Mine on my way to the desert and I've been stumped with something, hopefully my description's good enough for someone to figure out what I'm talking about. Near the beginning, there's a smaller cave towards the left that you can enter, and there're two red chests on a ledge towards the top-right of that area. The rope ladder isn't low enough for me to climb up, and from what I can tell, I'm supposed to access it from another entrance, but I've searched the entire area (both inside and just outside) and I've come up with nothing.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out with this.

+::YAY Figured it out!
You need to go get the 7 of spades from the cave in the desert. Remember the cave door you couldn't open at the bottom area before? Well after doing the other stuff and returning, I've been trying to find that very cave and only found it again now. Go through it, you'll get your card and you end up on that ledge when you go through the door +::lol What a ride +::lol
Now I...
need to go win at the colosseum for the king +::grrr

+::biggrin

Ah, thankies, if you're able to revisit these earlier dungeons later on, then it's not such a big deal and I can just move on to the next area.

The thing I was most worried about was that it'd be like in Deadly Sin 2 where you only have a very small window of opportunity to obtain many of the cards as you won't be able to revisit those dungeons/areas past a certain point. This was especially bad for me as I missed one particular card by accident (and I'd been very thorough up to that point) and so I ended up replaying 3-4 hours of the game. +::cry
L-sama
Peasant

Postby Saehral » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:49 am

Pshaw! Like I don't lurk in this forum all the time to see what people are sayin' about Millennium artwork... :D

I'm so glad people are having fun with Skyborn!!! The project is very dear to me, and right when it came time to release I got a giant spazzy wave of nervousness... so hearing the feedback is amazing! It's great to see what people react to, and what people want to know more about... 'cause a sequel isn't entirely out of the question ^_~
Saehral
Peasant

Postby harmonic » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:44 am

Hello everyone!

Version 1.10 is live. It has an entirely new mouse and menu system, among other streamlining changes. You can simply download the new version and install over the old one without losing your save.

The rare exception to that rule: If your save is within the first couple minutes of the game, the earliest town has been re-arranged for easier navigation.

Download: http://www.dancingdragongames.com/skyborn.exe

Version history:

1.10 - March 18, 2012

-Overhauled the mouse system
*now with one-click move interface
*numerous pathfinding issues fixed
*in menu navigation with mouse improved
-Added on screen menu accessible by mouse
-Edited early city layout for earlier navigation
-Tweaked introduction for more streamlined exposition
-Removed automatic full screen mode upon startup (you can toggle this at any time in the system menu)

Screenshot of the new user interface:
harmonic
Bard

Postby Aggeliki » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:48 am

I love this game!! +::YAY +::clap the artwork is fantastic,my favorite style!! the whole game is perfect!!congratulations Harmonic and Saehral!i will go for my second playthrough now!!! +::heart
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby L-sama » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:06 am

XD, looks like I might've gone overboard at the Arena, I hit the Gold championships right after I obtained my 5th party member and now I'm being told that the Champion refuses to face me as I'm not of a certain 'class' yet.

Ah well, at least I got a huge amount of Exp. and some very nice gear for my troubles, this reminds me a lot of the Arena in Deadly Sin 2, and I remembered that status effects were the key to getting through the hardest fights in that one, so Chaska pretty much saw me through, she seriously rocks. +::YAY

Update: Just beat the Champion on Hard, I used the same tactics as before and he (?) was much easier to take down as compared to DS2's superboss, so I have a feeling that there might be an even tougher opponent for me to face somewhere down the line. The final reward for clearing all the Arena matches was well worth the effort though. +::biggrin
L-sama
Peasant

Postby harmonic » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Yeah, the Arena champion isn't too hard. I wanted to make sure the arena's ultimate reward was available to everyone.

There are much tougher challenges indeed :) Keep it set to "hard" difficulty and you'll see.
harmonic
Bard

Postby L-sama » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:27 pm

+::O_o

Wow, just beat the superboss not too long back, didn't expect to run into it at that point in the game. Yeah, that was definitely a tough cookie (I *hate* Meteorite), it's a good thing I'd completed all the Viper Chasm challenges beforehand and so I was decked out in all the ultimate gear, which helped a lot. Fantastic amount of exp. for my troubles, and I think I caught a reference to the first Deadly Sin, although truth be told, I still found DS2's optional boss to be a fair bit tougher as I think I easily spent at least a half hour before I finally beat her.

Oh, and I just finished the main quest itself (sweet ending btw), even though it was a little on the short side (I think it took me about half as long as DS2, including doing all the sidequests), it was definitely a very enjoyable ride as I found the setting, characters and storyline to be great, and I guess I don't need to mention that the character artwork was very impressive, moreso considering that this is an indie title. Oh, and too bad you don't actually see your characters on the battlefield this time around as in the DS series, but I guess that helps speed up battles.

I'd definitely be interested in checking out a sequel (hopefully it'll be a direct seque/followup, unlike DS2) if and when one's ever produced, along with any other future Dancing Dragon Games projects (Deadly Sin 3?), so yeah, all-in-all, definitely a great job with this one.
L-sama
Peasant

Postby Saehral » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:57 pm

If we do end up making a sequel to Skyborn, it will be a direct one. Same universe, many familiar faces (but some new ones too!), and probably within a few years after the events of the first game. We're waiting to see how Skyborn does before it's clear whether or not a sequel is feasible, but speaking as a writer I've got a lot more in store for these characters, even if it's just in my head for now! +::biggrin

And as always, I'm glad you liked the art! +::heart
Saehral
Peasant

Postby Woofgang » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Just finished the game and I loved it!! I do have a question, though. When you augment weapons, etc. I was not able to use the gems that I found or the other things, like the feather. What was I doing wrong? All I could use were the metals. I never could figure it out. Thanks is advance!
Woofgang
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers