Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Skyborn

Re: New RPG: Skyborn

Postby Woofgang » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:40 pm

I just downloaded the newer version and now I can use them! Thanks anyway. I guess I will play again, with my new and improved augmented weapons with gems, even though they were very good the first time around!
Woofgang
Bard

Postby harmonic » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Glad you got it figured out. Don't be afraid to use them - Equipment is never lost, only the augment item if you replace it. You can practically double your combat power using full augments versus no augments.
Creator of Skyborn, Deadly Sin, and Deadly Sin 2! Visit the game website here:
http://www.dancingdragongames.com
Download the free soundtrack album: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philhamilton
harmonic
Bard

Postby L-sama » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:36 am

Yeah, the augments really can make a difference. I actually held off on using them until I reached the Viper Chasm as I didn't want to waste any of my rare augs until I'd gotten my characters' best equipment. The Essence of Creation is *incredibly* powerful though, I can see why there's only one in the game. +::O_o
L-sama
Peasant

Postby harmonic » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:47 am

There are actually two of them... +::biggrin
harmonic
Bard

Postby L-sama » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:59 am

Whaaa...??!

Okay, now I'll definitely have to try and look for the other one, how on earth did I manage to miss it? +::Annoyed
L-sama
Peasant

Postby harmonic » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:09 am

For one, find all 13 spade cards and complete the Gauntlet.

For the other, you gotta be REALLY fast during the timed sequence in the middle of the game.
harmonic
Bard

Postby L-sama » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:03 am

AAARRRGGHHH!!! I think I know what you're referring to, I assumed that I was doing quite well there as I still had roughly 28-29 minutes to spare by the time I was done.

Ah well, I guess that's something to look forward to on my second playthrough, thanks for informing me of its existence. +::Thumbup
L-sama
Peasant

Postby Alikamou » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:58 pm

+::YAY Got the cards, ran the gauntlet and it made going to the final confrontation sooooo much easier!
Only thing...Saehral is still *UNBEATABLE*!!! +::grrr +::biggrin

Loved the graphics for the charas with regards to their hp +::lol Can't wait to see if there really will be a sequel to this +::biggrin I'd like to know
Spoiler: show
if Ryler is going to be discovered +::lol
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Nyx » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:37 pm

I keep getting this error message and the game crashes !!!!

NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby harmonic » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Nyx: You must have downloaded the very first version, before we fixed autosaves, sorry about that.

Basically, you need to move your old save files to the right location. Right now, I am assuming they're in program files/skyborn.

Go to windows explorer, and in the search bar, type %appdata%. It should bring you to the location of the new (and correct) Skyborn folder. That's where all the save games go to. So I would just delete the old autosave, and move over your save1/save2/etc to that new folder.
harmonic
Bard

Postby sunfluer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:16 pm

I am getting the following error code and it crashes the game. I have downloaded the new version of the game.

Please help! +::sos
sunfluer
Mercenary

Postby L-sama » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:26 am

Alikamou wrote:+::YAY Got the cards, ran the gauntlet and it made going to the final confrontation sooooo much easier!
Only thing...Saehral is still *UNBEATABLE*!!! +::grrr +::biggrin

Loved the graphics for the charas with regards to their hp +::lol Can't wait to see if there really will be a sequel to this +::biggrin I'd like to know
Spoiler: show
if Ryler is going to be discovered +::lol

Saehral wasn't *too* bad for me apart from the turns when she cast Meteorite (at least as compared to the optional boss from Deadly Sin 2, she had at least 500k to a million HP on Hard and shrugged off most physical attacks). The key to beating her is to focus on afflicting her with as many debuffs/status ailements as possible, meaning Chaska plays a key role in the fight as you'll be spamming Humiliate every other turn (apart from whenever she runs out of Energy and uses Adrenaline Rush). Also have Corwin cast Blood Tap the moment his first turn comes up followed by Debilitate, and get Alda to use Majesty every so often and the fight should be a lot more manageable. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to cast Haste on Chaska.

I still haven't figured out though if Meteorite is a physical or magic-based attack, otherwise I'd know how to better prepare for it.

But yeah, I too would love to see a sequel, since I'm especially curious to know about the rest of the world outside this city, moreso after they alluded to Old Stormrook.
L-sama
Peasant

Postby Aggeliki » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:00 pm

i finished the game in casual mode and now i'll go for hard mode coz i want to get the trophies!!
i have been playing rpgs for the past 15 years and i have to say this one is now in my top 5 +::Thumbup +::YAY i adored the story which kept me wanting for more till the very end..the music was excellent and the artwork-charas,maps,cutscenes-was beautiful! it is since deadly sin 2 my favourite game art!game mechanics and battle system 10/10!!!i would prefer some more sidequests just for the fun..i played for 14 hours coz i do a lot of exploring so i think the analogy between play hours and money is fair enough..i loved Chaska and since the end cutscene i have been praying for a sequel with her as a playble chara, maybe a little more grown and mature..of course there is also the fate of a love affair that could be part of the sequel( Ryler is such a man!)
thank you guys for this marvellous game +::kiss +::heart
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Nyx » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:21 pm

What is the best Equip for Sullivan. I cannot seem to keep his alive !!!!

harmonic wrote:Nyx: You must have downloaded the very first version, before we fixed autosaves, sorry about that.

Basically, you need to move your old save files to the right location. Right now, I am assuming they're in program files/skyborn.

Go to windows explorer, and in the search bar, type %appdata%. It should bring you to the location of the new (and correct) Skyborn folder. That's where all the save games go to. So I would just delete the old autosave, and move over your save1/save2/etc to that new folder.

I uninstalled the game and re-installed. SAME issue. The save files ARE in the correct location !!! I am able to lead the autosave file but it closes down after a few sec. Also, if I load a diff save file, 1 2 3 or 4, the autosave file crashes the game anyway.

** UPDATE: I deleted the autosave file and it no longer crashes. Of course I now do not have autosave !!
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Aggeliki » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:44 pm

to Nyx: i had the same issue with Sullivan till i augmented his gear with high hp and high blockage..at the last part of the game he gets some nice gear and he becomes less vunerable..
he starts the battle with high threat so you can redirect threat to an other member with chaska's skill( i dont remember name)...
Aggeliki
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers