Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

RPG Maker VX Ace

Re: RPG Maker VX Ace

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Yes, XP has that resolution by default. For VX Ace it requires a little code which probably not every developer is using. I also don't understand why they did that. But there are some more things I really don't understand. Ace is way easier to use for beginners (like me), but they've removed some great features that XP has. That's irksome.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby shadow » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:48 am

I still like Rpgmaker XP
"And Then There Were None"
shadow
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Yeah, me too.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kirin » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:48 pm

Can somebody clarify something for me? I got curious about the RPG Maker program, but I want to try both the XP and the VX Ace. However, in regards to the XP, I heard that it can NOT work on a 64-bit system and it'll only work on a 32-bit. But reading around other forum, I read that it can work on a 64-bit system, but now I'm not so sure. Is it true that certain RPG Maker XP program can work on a 64-bit system?
Kirin
Mercenary

Postby slimmmeiske2 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:32 am

I've got a 64-bit system and I've been using RMXP for two years now. Never had any problem whatsoever. :)
slimmmeiske2
Bard

Postby Kirin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:31 am

Thanks! I really wish I could get a clear explanations for this stuff. They say it doesn't work but I think they don't check the compatibility anymore.
Kirin
Mercenary

Postby shadow » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:43 pm

slimmmeiske2 wrote:I've got a 64-bit system and I've been using RMXP for two years now. Never had any problem whatsoever. :)

Same with me,i also have 64 bit os.Earlier it was Xp,then 7 and now windows 8.I can run it in all 3 os(64 bit of course).
"And Then There Were None"
shadow
Explorer

Postby Studio69 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:21 am

I've had a long time to tinker with the RPG Maker engines and toolsets, and with the right level of dedication, you can produce something pretty damn cool. I've released two commercial titles with this engine now, and the response has been great so far.

Amazingly, there are so many scripts available that can be used commercially with credit, that you can re-produce pretty much any game mechanic you'll find in any classic RPG. This has been such a massive aspect of my game development, I'd have flopped without it. With scripts, you can create something far from cookie-cutter!

I do in fact have a Kickstarter running at the moment for the sequel to Data Hacker: Initiation. If you wanna check it out (it's pretty cool, if I do say so myself), just search 'Corruption' on Kickstarter. I didn't want to be disrespectful and post a link in here.
Official Website - www.newrealitygames.co.uk
Studio69
Peasant

Postby EgyLynx » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:09 am

i use Engine 001... i try use Rpg toolkit 3.* but it not work at bee my machine :( .

but... my games wasnt even near the class where that Laxius power was already...
I dont say enough that game was and it is great ( wery great at Rpg maker 2k!) ...
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby Gin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:00 am

I tested the demo of it the other day, but between the rpg maker vx and the vx ace i prefer vx because of the music. +::shhhh
But all in all, i think XP is still the king of the mountain. +::kiss +::kiss +::kiss
Gin
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby EgyLynx » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:08 pm

Xp... why? Was it better than Engine 001 or rpgtoolkit 3*? someones liked at 95(7?) at best.
But hey, are i am only who was liked 2k3´s games battle style?
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby Zer0 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:53 am

Kirin wrote:Is it true that certain RPG Maker XP program can work on a 64-bit system?

Hey Kirin,

I can also verify that Rpg Maker XP works 99% on most machines and even if you run into a compatibility issue, there is generally a work around for it which could be as simple as running in compatibility mode to an extreme method of running a windows emulator. But honestly if your new to RPG Maker engines I would stick with Ace. I started using rpg makers when I was in high school going back almost 15 years. XP is my personal favorite but Ace is just so much easier and has lots of easy to find content constantly popping up around the forums.

Mike
Zer0
Peasant

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers