Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Kane's Advocacy

Kane's Advocacy

Postby Indinera » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:53 pm

KANE'S ADVOCACY

$12 only!

Image Image

This is the second game by the same person who already made Kane's Plight.

Kane's Advocacy is a game with no fighting where the focus is experiencing the various stories in the game and make choices that affect that quest and future quests from that quest line. It is read like a book with lots of reading. The quests themselves are not your typical fare but have personalities like living teddy bears, creatures that feed on bones, a sentient meteorite, and talking raccoons to name a few.

There are two towns: Ryson and Dirkley. Very soon after the start of the game you must choose which town to go to and this will be the town you explore for the rest of the game.

Ryson: A lush area with lots of plants and animals. They are into nature and animals, and despise industry and the furthering of technology. Prefers things to be done with nature whenever reasonably possible. Strongly dislikes the killing of animals.

Dirkley: A barren area with very little vegetation. Because of this they have developed more towards industry including mining and metalworks.

The game centers around the conflict between Ryson and Dirkley. Whichever town you choose you can partake in either town's goal to conquer the other. If you go to Ryson you can join Ryson and help them invade Dirkley, or join the Dirkley spies and help them conquer Ryson. The opposite is true for Dirkley.

Features include two completely different towns and their surrounding areas which you must choose between at the beginning of the game, two paths for each quest line, four unique endings total, a written epilogue detailing what happens at the end of the game depending on your choices, a written commentary mode in the game, and a FREE walkthrough and hint guide.

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Kane's Advocacy

Postby Woofgang » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:16 pm

I am at the end for Conquering Ryson and I am unable to move. After they went to get the Mayor Cody says "Stop yapping and lets go upstairs" over and over and over again. I am unable to do anything except minimize and X out of the game. Any ideas?
Woofgang
Bard

Postby kanesgames » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Woofgang wrote:I am at the end for Conquering Ryson and I am unable to move. After they went to get the Mayor Cody says "Stop yapping and lets go upstairs" over and over and over again. I am unable to do anything except minimize and X out of the game. Any ideas?

Good catch! I've fixed it and uploaded it to Plimus. Send me an email and I'll get you the fixed copy so you can continue. I know I tested it, as well as the rest of the game of course. That event got set to autorun, which must have happened after I tested that ending.

solaris32@kanesgames.com
I will always be here to answer questions about any of my games :).
Follow me on my Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/KanesGames
kanesgames
Peasant

Postby Woofgang » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:31 pm

got the email and it works, thanks for the fast reply! Love the game, and will play all the different scenarios. Off to finish now, thanks again.
Woofgang
Bard

Postby cstrait » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:10 am

Well I am a cat person and a dog person and an all round animal lover. However, as long as no animals were harmed in the making of this game, I will play +::biggrin
cstrait
Mercenary

Postby kanesgames » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:14 am

cstrait wrote:Well I am a cat person and a dog person and an all round animal lover. However, as long as no animals were harmed in the making of this game, I will play +::biggrin

I know who you're siding with in the cat slavery quest :P.
Follow me on my Twitter:
kanesgames
Peasant

Postby lindy lou » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:26 pm

re: bones. can anyone tell me where the bones for wilshires quest are. i can,t find them, i,m going round in circles looking for them. thank,s in advance.
lindy lou
Wanderer

Postby kanesgames » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:05 pm

lindy lou wrote:re: bones. can anyone tell me where the bones for wilshires quest are. i can,t find them, i,m going round in circles looking for them. thank,s in advance.

They're directly east of Wilshire's farm. When you exit his farm and are on the overworld, go right 5 tiles and you will hit a tree. Go down 1 tile then right another 5 tiles and you will hit the bones.
Follow me on my Twitter:
kanesgames
Peasant

Postby Trex » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:41 am

Stuck! Helped Edward and can't get into his house because I don't have enough survivability points. Did I miss something? Thanks.
Trex
Bard

Postby kanesgames » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:44 am

Trex wrote:Stuck! Helped Edward and can't get into his house because I don't have enough survivability points. Did I miss something? Thanks.

You have to go to "stat distr" in the menu and put points into the skill. If you don't have enough points, do quests until you level up.
Follow me on my Twitter:
kanesgames
Peasant

Postby Trex » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:55 am

Wow, totally missed that. Had like 25 points unused. Definitely will replay when I finish first time.
Trex
Bard

Postby kanesgames » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:01 am

Trex wrote:Wow, totally missed that. Had like 25 points unused. Definitely will replay when I finish first time.

Plus you have Dirkley to replay... twice :).
Follow me on my Twitter:
kanesgames
Peasant

Postby titaness » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:34 pm

I can't find anymore quests to do, and the ones I can find, require to high of a
stat dist. for me. It says above that there's a free walkthrough. How to I go about
getting this?? Didn't see any link for it. I DID distribute the few points I was able
to acquire. +::cry
Image Image
I must cherish every moment, for it soon will rush away
And be lost to me forever, as a part of yesterday
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby kanesgames » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:35 am

titaness wrote:I can't find anymore quests to do, and the ones I can find, require to high of a
stat dist. for me. It says above that there's a free walkthrough. How to I go about
getting this?? Didn't see any link for it. I DID distribute the few points I was able
to acquire. +::cry

You click the button "get guide" which is right below the download button. Or go here:

http://www.kanesgames.com/kanes-advocac ... rough.html

Remember to go everywhere and talk to everyone!
Follow me on my Twitter:
kanesgames
Peasant

Postby blumyst » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:17 pm

hmm... wow that one website sure went down fast and right after the one
who hides himself under kanesgame on this site posted at that site. Then the
the OTHER site went down and Conveniently some posts were lost! HA
So solaris is that your pic there is it one you hope would look like you but doesnt.
Lol, just noticed it says peasant under your pic here +::biggrin
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Next

Return to Games from other Developers