Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Arvale IV

Re: New RPG: Arvale IV

Postby pafpearl » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Loving this game! I played Chev first, now Duncan-I was going to save him for last but I missed him so much I couldn't wait!

I am upset though at a bug that froze my game.
Spoiler: show
I had just finished exploring the entire village of Ito. I left Bin for last and right after he asked Duncan to accompany him to the volcano the game froze. I had to F12 to get out and of course lost my progress. My last save was right outside the village so I have to do the whole village over. Arrrgghhh!! Not happy!

But still I love the game!
pafpearl
Bard

Re: Where's the Captain in Pike?

Postby Jaybot7 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:59 am

Keeta wrote:I have searched every inch of Pike and spoken to every character twice over and then some, someone please tell me where is the Captain I need to speak to? +::sos

You are in the correct place, the town of Pike is where you should be. Tucked away at the very top-right corner of the town (climb all the way up the stairs, head right from the entrance to the mines and there should be a house over there); head inside that house and speak with the Mining Captain (there will be three guys in the house, talk to the one in the middle), and ask him if he can help you with getting through the swamp.

He’ll offer you a way through the swamp if you do a small Quest for him…

Let me know if that works!
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby Jaybot7 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:05 am

pafpearl: Glad to see you are enjoying the game! :)

Thank you for mentioning what happened when Bin joined your party (sincerely sorry about that! :( ) Out of curiosity, are you playing with or without the mouse? I hunting down the bug and I think I know what caused it, just want to double-check ;)
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby Jaybot7 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:06 am

Monipsych wrote:Silly question? Without Duncan on the boat how do you start his scenario? Did anyone start someone else's first? Txs!

To start Duncan's scenario while on the airship (in the beginning and between scenarios) speak with Brodyn (the blonde character near the upper right staring off the deck) and he will ask you if you are worried about Duncan, that should get Duncan's story started :)
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:18 am

+::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o Just finished that massive fight and the game! +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o
+::biggrin WHOOP! Biggest surprise and the most fun trying to follow who did what and when +::biggrin

This is also only the second time I've seen Duncan dive +::lol Utterly FUN GAME! KUDOS jaybot! +::kiss
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Jaybot7 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:44 am

As is custom, I've posted a Free Walkthrough for Episode IV here:

http://bit.ly/NfTsr1

Enjoy! :)
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby Jaybot7 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:47 am

Alikamou: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Yay! I'm super happy that you enjoyed,and finished the game! Congratulations! :D
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby briony » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:02 pm

Another great game - sorry the series is finished. (maybe not?)
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby pafpearl » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Jaybot7 wrote:pafpearl: Glad to see you are enjoying the game! :)

Thank you for mentioning what happened when Bin joined your party (sincerely sorry about that! :( ) Out of curiosity, are you playing with or without the mouse? I hunting down the bug and I think I know what caused it, just want to double-check ;)

Sorry I took so long to answer, I was away.

I am playing with the keyboard-I really don't like using the mouse.

I really love the game, I hate to see it end. I am in Sytae Tower, fighting the red/purple monsters. I got all the purple ones
Spoiler: show
and went thru the opened door, and found myself outside. I wasn't thrilled but decided I could stock up on items and upgrade my gear, so I did that. But now I can't get back up the tower. In the first area, there is a ladder that went up to the open door-I forget what I had to do to get it there, as I don't think it was there when I first went in. Anyway, now I can't walk under that ladder to get to the spot where it starts and the only way up is thru the door that is only accessible by the ladder. I hope I explained that clearly. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong and shouldn't have chosen to go thru the down door? I have a save in the beginning of that red/purple room, so no big deal but I would rather not start it over and I liked having the option to upgrade gear and get items.

BTW, my one and only criticism-why can't we run in this game? I hate moving so slowly. But it is only a tiny criticism-I would gladly play more games with a slow sprite if only you will continue to make them! Pleeease!!!!
pafpearl
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:25 am

LOL I had the same problem about getting to the door. You have to flip the switch to make it disappear...go around and out..when you come back in...you have to flip the switch again to bring the ladder down so you can go up. LOL If there's an easier way...I didn't find it or I don't remember it LOL. I was just sooo glad those monsters were stationery!
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby pafpearl » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:02 am

Alikamou wrote:LOL I had the same problem about getting to the door. You have to flip the switch to make it disappear...go around and out..when you come back in...you have to flip the switch again to bring the ladder down so you can go up. LOL If there's an easier way...I didn't find it or I don't remember it LOL. I was just sooo glad those monsters were stationery!

What switch? I can't find one in the limited space I can get to on that floor. Also when I go back in there are no monsters at all.
pafpearl
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:52 pm

Were you ever able to get back outside and try to enter from around the side? Think it may be on the right near the cloaked man. +:::|
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby pafpearl » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Alikamou wrote:Were you ever able to get back outside and try to enter from around the side? Think it may be on the right near the cloaked man. +:::|

Now i feel dumb! +:oops:

I never even noticed the white glowing door to the right of the original entrance! That did it!

Thank you! +::YAY
pafpearl
Bard

Postby Jaybot7 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:19 am

Apologies for the long wait, life got complicated as it always does....

@briony I'm happy to hear you finished (and enjoyed) the game :) As for another game... there *may* be a surprise in a few months...

@pafpearl Whoops...! Yeah, that's just a simple little shortcut straight to the bottom and straight back up to the top (like an elevator) which is why Duncan is standing in front of it when you arrive back at the bottom of the tower ;) In any case, I'm glad you found your way back up! :D
Jaybot7
Bard

Re: Arvale IV

Postby Jaybot7 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:16 am

And for those still curious about what happened during the Great Wheelbarrow Incident, I'm unraveling the story with a series of short comics
here: http://jaybot7.com/blog/the-great-wheelbarrow-incident
and here: http://jaybot7.com/blog/the-great-wheel ... ent-part-2

To solve the mystery once and for all! ;)
Jaybot7
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers