Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

After

After

Postby Indinera » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:01 pm

AFTER

$14.99

Image Image

This is a brand new game from a brand new developer, but it comes with a warning. The humor in this game is a bit raunchy and may not be suitable for all and in particular people under 16. Overall: mature content.

Storyline

Transported to a world that's eerily perfect, an under-confident teen chases after a criminal who claims to know the way home; but when the teen discovers the truth about this perfect world he must decide the value of his own life before condemning another to a fate worse than death, or killing himself to save them.

Features

Four separate main quest lines and eight different endings!
Ten classes and subclasses create a total of 52 different character builds... per party member!
Twelve distinct puzzle-based missions and two different difficulty settings!
Classic RPG battles with a strategic twist!
Humor that will have you in tears!

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: After

Postby Saphira » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:08 am

I was looking forward to trying this but the puzzles at the start put me right off it. Hate having to solve puzzles to progress in a game. Two in the first 10 minutes deterred me from trying the game any longer. I'm an old lady not one of you young clever types +::cry and I prefer the battles and the story line to having to work things out. Otherwise the structure of the game would appeal to me, choosing classes and pusuing skills looks like it would make the game very interesting.
Saphira
Explorer

Postby bgamer » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:45 pm

I downloaded this game and I am really enjoying it. The puzzles are challenging, but not hard. The style of the game is very interesting. The only thing I don't like, but I guess it allows for the replaying of this game is the choices the player have to make ( I hope there might be a guide for the game) as some are tough. :)
bgamer
Wanderer

Postby GrannyC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:39 pm

I tried them both. The Gold and Glory had a battle system that was too hard for me and the other one "After" was ok to play but it seems like the dialoge(?) was written by a imature teenage boy.
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Postby :D :D :D :D :D » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:46 am

I beta tested for this game, and I must say that it is quite impressive. It's a little slow going until the first choice, but after that the game branches into many exciting and diverse story lines. I also found that the puzzles took away the linear feel of dungeons and made them more fun to play. I had a lot of fun testing this and I highly recommend trying it, at least the demo if nothing else. It's quite a unique game.
:D :D :D :D :D
Bard

Postby doublegun » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:18 pm

How do you get through the ice floor in the tower?
doublegun
Wanderer

Postby Nyx » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:44 pm

My only objection to this game is that there is no "Dash" option. I HATE the way the characters crawl along everywhere. Yes the puzzles are confusing but I just took my time and finally got them. On one I actually shut down and went back a few hours later and solved it immediately. +::Dunno

n
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Re: After

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:58 pm

For players of this game, the dev has no release a guide at $5.99

• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Nyx » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:08 pm

doublegun wrote:How do you get through the ice floor in the tower?

Yea, I'm skating around there also !!! LOL

Also, what does the "Switch Line" option do? +::Dunno
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Pegasus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Hey guys, it's Awkward Pegasus, the developer of After! We've been busy with the business end of things, so we haven't had much time to review forums! We'll do our best to keep checking, but the quickest way to reach us with technical issues or questions is awkwardpegasus@gmail.com

First, we're sorry if our writing style offended anyone, humor being subjective and all (and for what it's worth our staff writer is twenty two, male, and goes to work wearing pajama pants, so earlier estimates regarding age and maturity level were surprisingly accurate).

Second, as some of you were having trouble with the "Ice" floor in the tower, we've posted the image in our guide regarding that floor. Hopefully that will help you guys move on with the game.

Again, we'll do our best to keep up with the forums, but the best way to reach us is by email at awkwardpegasus@gmail.com. Cheers, and we hope you enjoy the game!

Edit: Forgot! The "switch line" will move your character from the front line to the back line and vice versa.
Pegasus
Peasant

Postby nguyen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:12 am

I confuse with the misson take the flower for Amy, the lava so hard to pass, once i fall then start again, can you give me a hint?
nguyen
Peasant

Postby Pegasus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:29 pm

This is what I believe is the easiest way through, but there's no right or wrong way. Avoid the brighter red squares when you can, but this is one of the more difficult, reflex-oriented sections of the game.

Pegasus
Peasant

Postby bucabeach » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Hey Pegasus, really like this game. I have a question though.
Spoiler: show
Finished the game and was given the option to play again, keeping the same levels and items and such. The text said that the only way to increase levels was to seek out Energy points. I went to the Tranquil Lake point, but it did nothing when I stepped in the center of the star. Also tried the Quiet Islands spot and the same thing, no increase of level.
bucabeach
Bard

Postby Pegasus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Spoiler: show
You can only level again by finding NEW energy points. Ones that you haven't yet seen in any playthrough. For example, if you already claimed the energy point in the tranquil lake, it doesn't become available again. There ultimately is a level cap, as there are a limited amount of energy points. I'm glad you're enjoying the game!
Pegasus
Peasant

Postby Kirin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:19 am

That explains that...
I kinda wish the game would be clearer on these explanations.
No lvl 99...
Kirin
Mercenary

Next

Return to Games from other Developers