+::wizard +::lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Valcarta I: Rise of the Demon

Postby briony » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:25 am

Trex wrote:I have an actual game playing question: I'm in the Web Wood Forest, The Nest. Is something supposed to happen here? When I exit I'm back in overworld. When I got the first crystal it took awhile for the bad guys to respond.

Did you kill the mother spider? and you also need to find the incense after you get the quest if you are playing as the dark side
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Talon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:21 am

@Trex
When at the nest, you will need to trigger the event in between the large pile of gold, signified by the skeleton this will trigger your next course of events. Also, what Briony said. Sorry if this is late and you have figured it out alright. Busy on Valcarta II.

@Monipsych
Fixed that issue. Oversight on my part, truly sorry!

@AuntIggy
The Random encounter are a bit much, that's for sure. I balanced combat and everything around the 30-40 step counter on the map, just to find out it wasn't overly effective. Use of scripts would have fixed that sure, but it would require and entire re-balance. Most definitely removed Random Encounters for Valcarta II (hint hint!)

@gaby5516
I've fixed the issue with both the Demo and the Purchased version that was causing that. Deeply sorry for the inconvenience!

@Nekos
Thanks for trying out the game. Sorry it didn't meet your standards within the first 0.2% of the game, but I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea to dive into a book for more than 100 pages before setting it down. I've address this issue (slow starting) for Valcarta II, in hopes of making it more gripping for players early on so thanks for the feedback. We are also trying hard to create new assets (Character Art mainly) for Valcarta II and expanding our resource pool with the available resource packs.

I guess I will address some things previously brought up here:
Side-Quests:
The games was designed to be rather linear until the end. Near the end of the game, the player will be able to realistically challenge the Notorious Monsters that lurk within certain areas, that will probably be too tough for you when you first have access. A side from that, each character you have in your party has a special set of gear that can be obtained by their hidden quest line. Through exploring and talking to NPCs, you can find this other. Light Path has a couple, but I really wanted to keep the player focused on the task at hand. PS: Look for the quest that gives you the all powerful "tent" item, it's pretty nifty!
Also, by piecing together in-game info, you should be able to figure out where these quests start, if not, take a peek in the Lorebook which comes with the purchase version of the game. It contains all of Drachell's Lore for the past 1500 years. If you're too lazy to read, my GF Mikheli made and audio version.

The game is all about the Light and Dark Paths, how Valak himself develops and his journey through the game on either side. It's presented in such a way that Dark =/= Bad and Light =/= good, in all honesty. It's up to the player to decide which set of morale he/she truly follow. Each path offers ~20hours of developer play time (our live stream with Mikheli playing took her 27hours of the Light Path for her first path through)

To those of you that are heading through the game, thank you.
Have you played a bit of both sides yet?
Have you noticed the correlations between the paths?
How far have you gotten?

Sorry for the Wall of text, but I just thought I would make some what of a presence here.
Thanks again to all the supporters of the game, I hope you are enjoying it and will be looking forward to Valcarta II
(Hint: Valcarta II has a Dungeon Demo coming out this week!)
Talon
Wanderer

Postby briony » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 am

Does anyone know where I can find Krogan or is he only available if you play Light side+:: +::surrender
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Talon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:02 am

@Briony

Krogan is only available to the Dark Path and is found on the first map of the Abardean Mountains (going from Dead Wood to Abardean) Southwestern most area you can get to in the full rocky area. I hope that helps! The lorebook map should shed some light on it (should have installed to your desktop) ^_^
Talon
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:58 am

Good luck Talon! A developer should always strive to improve and never give up. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBEXSiFzOfU
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby briony » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:11 pm

I am playing in Dark mode and have gone back to the path in Abardean Mts and found the little room with a fire and bed but no Krogan- HELP please
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Trex » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:45 pm

Spider? I'm playing light path. Stood between gold in the nest and nothing happens.
Trex
Bard

Postby Talon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Spider? I'm playing light path. Stood between gold in the nest and nothing happens.

*If you're playing Light Path, and you have been told to search for Durnas, you will need to go to the town nearby and walk into the inn before heading off to the forest.

I am playing in Dark mode and have gone back to the path in Abardean Mts and found the little room with a fire and bed but no Krogan- HELP please

*Krogan is a limited time character. If you have already finished Abardean, by gaining Shiva's Crystal then he will have no real reason to want to join you and will not be present in his cave.
Talon
Wanderer

Postby Trex » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:48 pm

Don't remember dialogue about Durnas. Who tells you that and which town/pub? Been to all of them. Guess I shouldn't speed through the dialogues! Also, can't get through left side of forest.
Trex
Bard

Postby Talon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:02 pm

Don't remember dialogue about Durnas. Who tells you that and which town/pub? Been to all of them. Guess I shouldn't speed through the dialogues! Also, can't get through left side of forest.

*Crovinale tells you about this Durnas guy. It's the southern town, across the water from Sleemonburg.
*Left side of the forest is a high level area, blocked it off so the player wouldn't get absolutely destroyed if they made the mistake of entering!
Talon
Wanderer

Postby Trex » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:13 pm

Stuck still. Talked to everyone in Crovinale and Sleemenburg. Talked about soldiers and the brotherhood. Haven't done the Crovinale mines. Been all over web wood forest. Found niece. No spider or bad guy in nest. What am I missing? Thanks!
Trex
Bard

Postby Talon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:20 pm

I guess, the easiest thing to tell you is to return to the "Hidden Armory" and speak with the professor, he should outline the details of what needs doing.
More directly I'll ask, what was the last progressive thing you did in the story?

When in doubt, speak to the guy in the Hidden Armory (Light Path) or Hideout (Dark Path) or any of the camps you currently had access too!

Good luck!
Talon
Wanderer

Postby briony » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 pm

Thanks for replying - have done all crystals and are now up to the lava caves - cannot fight the dooms creature with only 3 party members any help on how to beat it or will I have to start again?
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Talon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:25 am

briony wrote:Thanks for replying - have done all crystals and are now up to the lava caves - cannot fight the dooms creature with only 3 party members any help on how to beat it or will I have to start again?

This is a very difficult fight that we made to test if you were ready for the next zone, Mikheli took several attempts before she beat it. If you don't have Krogen use "Summon Skeleton" make sure you are using your highest dps moves available. If needed try and use a teleport stone and run through again just for extra exp and levels. Good luck!
Talon
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers