Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Valcarta I: Rise of the Demon

Re: Valcarta I: Rise of the Demon

Postby pretzl » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:11 pm

Hi

How do I get to crescent mountain island. I looked at the Loresmen guide but I can't work out where it is.

Ive been in all the available caves and round all the waterways.

Obviously i am missing something.
pretzl
Bard

Postby Talon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:18 pm

pretzl wrote:Hi

How do I get to crescent mountain island. I looked at the Loresmen guide but I can't work out where it is.

Ive been in all the available caves and round all the waterways.

Obviously i am missing something.

On Light mode, after you have completed the storyline up to saving the Princess in Abardean, you must return to the Hidden Armoury and speak with the Professor. He will then tell you to head over to Crescent Mountain. This is done by entering "Icicle Cavern" on Abardean's side (snow area). The cave entrance is found just south of the camp(s). Travel through the cave until you find a ladder that will take you down to another area, "Submerged Passage". This area will lead you to Mythril Mines, in which you are required to visit and speak with the head miner. You can exit the Mythril Mines through the main entrance (not back to the Submerged Passage) from the Southern most end to find yourself on in the area known as Crescent Mountain.

Hope that helps.
Talon
Wanderer

Postby pretzl » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Thanks again for quick reply.

Your commitment to good sevice is impressive - unlike some other developers- not mentioning any names ( Del)

I think it is a shame there are so many negative comments at the beginning of the forum

I am at a loss to understand why Warfare Studios seem to get away with simple even more expensive games which are a quarter of the length. Plus they give no help or service at all.

This game is not complex but very enjoyable.

Maybe the sequel could have some puzzles, hidden rooms etc.

Thanks again
pretzl
Bard

How to get to Ifrit??

Postby wildorchid7 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:22 pm

I just left Crix-Cilus to head towards the Crix-Cilus mountain. I am trying to get to Ifrit's domain and am currently STUCK. I am unable to get through the lava portion and then there is a rock blocking the exit. There is another exit which puts me at The Tigeress Pyramid, so I am at a total loss on how to proceed. I am currently playing in dark mode and have been going through the Lore Book, but am still Lost +::cry I have Valak, Krogan, Maria, and Mikheli in my party and am at level 36/37. Any help or pointers would be great. Also I ran into a clown in the Tigress Pyramid, I believe that says he is busy and that if I don't have anything for him, to basically go away. Just trying to get on the path to Ifrit's domain. Thank you in advance for any help :)

P.S. I am enjoying this game BTW and look forward to the improvements in your next game...A quest log would be appreciated and huge help in keeping track of main as well as side quests (hint hint... +::biggrin ).
wildorchid7
Wanderer

Postby Talon » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:31 pm

wildorchid7 wrote:I just left Crix-Cilus to head towards the Crix-Cilus mountain. I am trying to get to Ifrit's domain and am currently STUCK. I am unable to get through the lava portion and then there is a rock blocking the exit. There is another exit which puts me at The Tigeress Pyramid, so I am at a total loss on how to proceed. I am currently playing in dark mode and have been going through the Lore Book, but am still Lost +::cry I have Valak, Krogan, Maria, and Mikheli in my party and am at level 36/37. Any help or pointers would be great. Also I ran into a clown in the Tigress Pyramid, I believe that says he is busy and that if I don't have anything for him, to basically go away. Just trying to get on the path to Ifrit's domain. Thank you in advance for any help :)

P.S. I am enjoying this game BTW and look forward to the improvements in your next game...A quest log would be appreciated and huge help in keeping track of main as well as side quests (hint hint... +::biggrin ).

Glad you're enjoying the game!
This is a tricky little section it seems. On the world map, in the desert area (Smouldering Sands) there are 2 path ways. The overly obvious cave entrance and the not-so obvious mountain pathway. This pathway leads to Ifrit's Domain. Following the mountainside, from the cave entrance North, you will find the entrance.

Image below for clarification! A is where you want to go for Ifrit's Domain, B takes you to the Pyramid!
Spoiler: show

Also want to mention that anyone here that is interested in Valcarta II: Awakening can check out it's progress on our website! http://www.blackswordgames.com/
We have a dev blog linked to there along with new media and other things! Thanks for the support everyone!
Talon
Wanderer

Postby wildorchid7 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Thanx for the quick response Talon! +::YAY Now I can move forward!
wildorchid7
Wanderer

Postby mamabear » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:28 pm

Stuck... I cannot get in the upper cave near the imperial deadwood outpost. Valak says :we cannot go there without Durnas which is already in the party. Maybe a bug
mamabear
Bard

Postby Talon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:28 am

mamabear wrote:Stuck... I cannot get in the upper cave near the imperial deadwood outpost. Valak says :we cannot go there without Durnas which is already in the party. Maybe a bug

Seems to just be a text issue. It's still passable however:

After speaking with Durnas, speak with the commander at the Imperial Outpost (he's in green at the back of the room).
He will rely details to you about some goblins. Complete that task and you will be able to progress further. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Talon
Wanderer

Postby Alikamou » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:40 am

Extremely dumb question...is Hyperion only an observer? or is he the reason for the "light" skills? +:oops: Playing on the light side and still in the beginnings +::biggrin Only got Gigas' and now finally Susanoo's crystals. When Hyperion popped up on screen...I thought I lost someone someplace playing with only 3-party LOL Tough battles especially when they come fast and furious +::grrr

PS: I love how you labelled the "junk" stuff I could sell without feeling I had to hang on to them. It made getting supplies so much easier with those.
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Talon » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:15 am

Alikamou wrote:Extremely dumb question...is Hyperion only an observer? or is he the reason for the "light" skills? +:oops: Playing on the light side and still in the beginnings +::biggrin Only got Gigas' and now finally Susanoo's crystals. When Hyperion popped up on screen...I thought I lost someone someplace playing with only 3-party LOL Tough battles especially when they come fast and furious +::grrr

PS: I love how you labelled the "junk" stuff I could sell without feeling I had to hang on to them. It made getting supplies so much easier with those.

Hyperion and Valak's souls are bound together. Hyperion, being the Elemental Lord of Light, is working with Valak on the Light Path of the story! He is just an "observer" as you will, but is the source of Valak's power yes. You will get another member soon :D

I've always hated not knowing what to hang on too, just thought it would help giving items such a label :D

Hope everyone's having fun! Feel free to ask questions and such, I'm more than willing to answer/assist anyone :D
Talon
Wanderer

Postby Alikamou » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:13 am

Phew! I'm not loosing my deductive senses then +::biggrin and since there are some great drops...except those "meanies", going back to the cave to level more before moving on +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby mamabear » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Talon wrote:
mamabear wrote:Stuck... I cannot get in the upper cave near the imperial deadwood outpost. Valak says :we cannot go there without Durnas which is already in the party. Maybe a bug

After speaking with Durnas, speak with the commander at the Imperial Outpost (he's in green at the back of the room).
He will rely details to you about some goblins. Complete that task and you will be able to progress further. Sorry for the inconvenience!

The commander tells me I have things to do.Don"t know what. Could you help me with that issue +::sos
mamabear
Bard

Postby Talon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:10 pm

mamabear wrote:
Talon wrote:

The commander tells me I have things to do.Don"t know what. Could you help me with that issue +::sos

It seems like you've accepted the mission then:

There are two other caves that you have access to right now (not including the one you said you can't access). You are to enter one of the two caves and kill the lead goblin in there. After this, you will return to the commander to tell him about your victory then you can progress forward.

Let me know if there are any other issues :D
Talon
Wanderer

Postby mamabear » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:11 am

He will rely details to you about some goblins. Complete that task and you will be able to progress further. Sorry for the inconvenience![/quote]

The commander tells me I have things to do.Don"t know what. Could you help me with that issue +::sos[/quote]
It seems like you've accepted the mission then:

There are two other caves that you have access to right now (not including the one you said you can't access). You are to enter one of the two caves and kill the lead goblin in there. After this, you will return to the commander to tell him about your victory then you can progress forward.

I went through snowfist cave and rugged skull cave, lots of goblin in both cave but no lead goblin. +::surrender
mamabear
Bard

Postby Talon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:23 am

mamabear wrote:I went through snowfist cave and rugged skull cave, lots of goblin in both cave but no lead goblin. +::surrender

Ok, well then im lost as to where exactly you are if you cannot find a lead goblin in either cave.
Here is a list of solutions for you based on the the Commander at the Imperial Dead Wood outpost says:

"There are two tribes, one close by here and the other is stationed in the southern most portion of the Dead Wood. Go in, bust them up, kill their Chief and the fighting should stop. Should be an easy enough task for the Champion of Hyperion, no?"
- If he says this, you must enter 1 of the 2 caves and kill a leader (which is where I thought you were)

or

"Head up the mountains towards our Abardean outpost. When you get there, be sure to check in and if nothing else make sure to pick up your winter attire. It's bloody dangerous without it!"
- If this line comes up that means you are able to progress forward.
Talon
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers