Valcarta I: Rise of the Demon

Re: Valcarta I: Rise of the Demon

Postby briony » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:59 pm

Yes the wrym fight was just great!!
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby briony » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:34 am

Am playing in the light mode and had Dornas but he was killed - do I get another player and if so where do I find them - thanks
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Talon » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:51 pm

Am playing in the light mode and had Dornas but he was killed - do I get another player and if so where do I find them - thanks

You get your other players through the storyline on the Light Path
Talon
Wanderer

Postby briony » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:49 am

Hi - I have gathered all the shards that I was given as a quest and told to take them to someone in the Web Wood but I cannot find anyone to give them too - is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? also where do I find Dornas's killer?- thanks for all your help - great game
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Talon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:01 pm

briony wrote:Hi - I have gathered all the shards that I was given as a quest and told to take them to someone in the Web Wood but I cannot find anyone to give them too - is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Spoiler: show
Need to gain access to the normally forbidden area of the Web Wood Forest, which may not be available quite yet in the storyline. In this area you will find a castle. One of the "people" within the castle will take the shards off of your hands.

briony wrote:also where do I find Dornas's killer?

Durnas' killer won't actually be found on the Light Path's storyline. If you notice closely while playing the Dark Path, Durnas' killer is, instead of you, the leader of the Brotherhood Abardean Camp. Although Valak swears venganence, his purpose and the direness of collecting the Elemental Lord Crystals prevents him from running into this person, thus it's kind of lost throughout this game. Watch out for these references in Valcarta II ;)

briony wrote:great game

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!
Talon
Wanderer

Postby briony » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:32 am

Finished the game in Light mode - never did get into the web wood special area - would not let me in - now trying to finish in Dark but the doom robot keeps killing me.Will we be able to import from game 1 to game 2- thanks
not sure if I understand the ending in Light mode- seems a bit strange
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Talon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:39 am

briony wrote:Finished the game in Light mode - never did get into the web wood special area - would not let me in - now trying to finish in Dark but the doom robot keeps killing me.Will we be able to import from game 1 to game 2- thanks

Cool! Glad you made it! That final Doomvoid can be a little tricky as well. Hope you enjoyed the final boss fight!

briony wrote:
not sure if I understand the ending in Light mode- seems a bit strange

What did you find so strange about it? Perhaps finishing the Dark Path will provide some clarity. It may be a bit abrupt...
Talon
Wanderer

Postby briony » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:04 am

thanks for replying so quickly - still trying to kill it+:: +::cry
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby briony » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:04 am

Any hints on how to kill that doomvoid stalker - have now tried nearly everything but get down to 25000 life and it kills the team- also will I be able to get into the web wood castle in the next game as I am still unable to get through that path - it will not let me in. thanks
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Talon » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:05 am

briony wrote:Any hints on how to kill that doomvoid stalker - have now tried nearly everything but get down to 25000 life and it kills the team- also will I be able to get into the web wood castle in the next game as I am still unable to get through that path - it will not let me in. thanks

Doomvoid Stalker:
Have you gotten the hidden gear for everyone? If not, try thinking about each character and explore a little bit to unlock their quests

As for the shards in that quest, how many parts have you finished? It's a 3 part continuing quest. Which was the last portion you finished? More I know about where you are, the more I can help you along.
Talon
Wanderer

Postby briony » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:39 am

did the 3 parts and the guy said I could take them to the web wood person - went there but cannot get into that area
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Talon » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:49 am

briony wrote:did the 3 parts and the guy said I could take them to the web wood person - went there but cannot get into that area

Just confirmed this as a bug. Uploading the work around shortly.
Talon
Wanderer

Postby briony » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 am

Have found all the gear for Valek, 2 relics for Krogan (Gigas Mantle and Leviathan Scale) but nothing for the others - Spoke with bard and he says Mikheli has to have all of the songs - I have 4 - woods, sands, snow and skies - is there more and where? i have searched for maybe a water one but cannot find one - HELP -
a guide would have been a great help or maybe a quest list
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Talon » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:26 pm

briony wrote:Have found all the gear for Valek, 2 relics for Krogan (Gigas Mantle and Leviathan Scale) but nothing for the others - Spoke with bard and he says Mikheli has to have all of the songs - I have 4 - woods, sands, snow and skies - is there more and where? i have searched for maybe a water one but cannot find one - HELP -
a guide would have been a great help or maybe a quest list

Mikheli's Songs:
Hymn of the Soul - Tekka's House
Ballad of the Soul - Web Wood Forest, The Nest - Small envelope on North Side
Song of the Sands - Imperial Camp, in an envelope off to the left hand side
Song of the Snow - Abardean Princess' Room
Song of the Skies - Floating Island
Song of the Woods - Valak's House
Sound of Sorrow - Reflected Moon Temple (the one underwater). Northern most central room in an envelope. (Directly North form where you got the Ever bubble)
Terrifying Tale - Shadowsoul Camp hidden behind some trees

Legendary Gear:
Dark Path:
Krogan:
Leviathan's Scale - Found right near where you got Leviathan's Crystal within his shrine
Gigas' Mantle - Found in Janton at the same spot in which the Crystal was placed
Shu's Guise - Found on the Floating Island, at the top of the tower (to gain access you must speak with the Reflected Moon Shaman again - found in the South Western house)
Shiva's Spike - Travel to Shiva's Shrine once you have all of the other legendary gear for Krogan.

Maria:
Speak with the Shadowsoul Seer, the NPC which you have had previous interaction with to start her quest.

Mikheli:
Speak with the Master Bard in the Tigeress Pyramid when you have all of the songs (listed above). He will set you on a quest - this is normally easily completed based on which part of the story you are in, as it requires you to have finished Ifrit's Domain and Awaken Synkale. Keep talking to the Bard and Mikheli will keep telling him which things she has done, we will reward you gear.
Her second part, for her weapon, can be started by talking to the Mayor of Crix-Cilus (the Tigeress Clan resort town) after she has finished her Bard quest line.

Light Path:
Carter:
Return to Sleemonburg and enter the bar. Speak with the shady guy in the corner, he will have work for you to do.

Tekka:
Return to Tekka's House late in the game to find a book on her shelf sparkling. This will begin the quest. Once the events with the book are taken care of, you can go to the Deathroot Tree (found in the Everlush, the same place you take the Blood for Synkale from) for a fight for her weapon.

Seraphim:
Return to Hyperion's Shrine and trigger the alter where you originally took his crystal. Valak also gets a special item here if he hasn't already.

Hope this helps!
Talon
Wanderer

Postby briony » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:50 am

Have found most of the special gear but have a small problem - cannot talk to the shaman at Shu - he only asks if I need shop or sleep - is this a bug- also where do I find the Everlush people that need help - quest from the mage in the web wood castle for Maria - I tried the tree the shine and the ritual caves but I am lost - thanks
also cannot finish quest for carter as there are no claws in chest and cannot get into the night shadow's castle due to bug.+" +::cry +::cry
briony
DreamLord of Myst

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers