Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Data Hacker

Data Hacker

Postby Indinera » Fri May 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Image Image Image

DATA HACKER

$4.99 only!!

Image Image

This is a brand new game by a brand new developer, Studio 69.

SUMMARY:

Data Hacker Initiation is the beginning of something great- the birth of a Multiverse.

We begin within 'Online World' a digital respite from the sheer lethargy of a backwards future society, in which technology has taken a massive leap backwards.

Our focus is Jay- a retired hacker and prolific player of Online World. After an ironic case of mistaken identity, Jay is banished from this Online refuge, with no more explanation than 'you have broken the terms and conditions'.

Infuriated, Jay sets out to wreak havoc on the alleged creators of the game, EPT Corp. but ends up becoming immersed in an unexpected trove of secrets and lies.

Just what lies behind Online World?
What is its true purpose?

FEATURES:

Around 25 hours of core gameplay
    Trioarch, the addictive featured trading-card game
    An expansive game world that revolves around a simulated online game
    Genuine choice. Will you fight for the players of Online World, or will you seek power only for yourself?
    Continue your chosen path in the sequel: Corruption

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Data Hacker

Postby feyone2 » Sun May 26, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi, I have a couple questions.

1. I'm in the 1st basement of the mines and have the pickaxe but can't use it to break the ball so I can't move forward? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. At this point the only way I can move is back to the mine entrance and I'm supposed to meet with Jaque??

2. I'm having trouble getting credits and can't upgrade my players skills. What should I do? +::sos

Apart from that I'm enjoying it very much & I really like the characters. +::Thumbup
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby blitzen » Mon May 27, 2013 2:46 am

I'm not very far into this game, but I had to come post because I am really enjoying it! For $4.99 you get a whole lot of game, and it is very good value. The graphics are basic and the dungeons are pretty easy, but that's not the point. This is a very funny send-up of the whole MMORPG genre, with all the conventions and problems that go with them. You are playing as a "hacker", which gives you the opportunity to change the game in interesting ways and operate outside the rules.

The only downsides so far are that the game plays in a small window instead of full-screen, and I have already lost my SwordyMAN! Apparently recruited characters can leave whenever they feel like...just like in a real online game. +::biggrin

Really big kudos to the developers for offering such a good game at this price. It's very addictive!

Oh, and can anyone explain the Trioarch card game to me? I have no idea what I'm doing there! +::Dunno
blitzen
Bard

Postby bgamer » Mon May 27, 2013 2:14 pm

This game seems interesting and different than other games. Does the fact that players leave your party often means we dont get to keep the players to the end of the game, shouldn't bother to level them, and there is no specific plot to follow? +::Dunno
bgamer
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Wed May 29, 2013 8:59 am

Glad you guys like it. Yes, the game does seem to get full marks on originality. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby blitzen » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Is anyone here actually playing this game? I have a question! I seem to have gone straight from Dungeon 3 to Dungeon 5. I am in Dungeon 8 now. How did I miss Dungeon 4? Is there anything there I need? If so, how do I get to it?

Also, I would love if there was a list somewhere of all the monsters you are able to recruit. I have a Wandering but that's the only I monster I have succeeded in hacking so far.

Really fun game. It's challenging because you have figure a lot of stuff out for yourself, like which characters to recruit and which to hack. Still can't figure out that stupid card game! :(

EDIT: I just hacked one of those creepy puppet children. Awesome!
blitzen
Bard

Postby feyone2 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:57 am

Hi "blitzen",
I don't think you have missed dungeon 4 ...I believe either the hex complex or the Mines count as that one. At the 1st gate I only have 1-3 and at Fort Leonhart, it starts at 5.

Have you got "Dagga" in your team now? She hates puppets and should join you at the Alchemists Manor.

I have Wandering too, also Warrior and Scout who I picked up early in either the Desert or Forest dungeons, possibly I found Rider there too. I also have Gunner {but I don't remember where} & Chantan who I think I got in the Ice Fortress or maybe later. I have 2 of the pets though I haven't found them that useful.

I'm having a problem gaining enough credits and having enough items so my team doesn't 'bomb out' but I keep trying to power on, anyway.

Its a fun game and I like the characters a lot +::kiss

The card games get me every time, when I think I know what I'm doing down I go. +:oops: Glad I'm not the only one who loses! :(

Happy playing +::YAY
feyone2
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby blitzen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:37 am

Thanks for the response, feyone2! Good to know I haven't missed something crucial! :)

Since my last post I have managed to pick up a few more characters. Besides Dagga and the Wandering, I have a Scout, a Warrior, a Rogue, a Rider, a Chantan, and a Gunner. I also have a...thing...not sure what to call it. You remember the greeter guy who welcomed you to the game when you first showed up? You can hack him and get a...something. It's not especially useful at the moment, but I suspect it might be eventually.

If you need credits, remember you can always go back to the Hacker Zone and spend some time playing the "arena", and also the Dododrome in the City of Strife where you can get easy cash. There is also the Tower of Shadows, although so far it's too difficult for me to get far. Have you started the "Protection" level yet? Once you get through the initial (very hard!) challenge, you can walk around and fight the wolves in the area. They give a good amount of credit and experience, and you can leave and return a few times to level up some.

Good luck!
blitzen
Bard

Postby Studio69 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:39 am

First of all, REALLY sorry that it has taken this long to get back to you guys! I wasn't aware that the game had gone live on this site yet. Fortunately, some of you have sought me out via the company website and Desura. So! In response to your questions guys:

blitzen - Thank you for your kind words! The amount of time spent balancing and tweaking the game systems to make it fun and addictive equals the time it took to make the game in the first place... haha. Yes, other players can leave your party whenever they like, though they do tend to leave a gift. This is usually experience-related. The idea was to mimic online games in any way possible. Check out the game guide for an explanation of Trioarch, and dungeon progression.

bgamer - It's often worth leveling other 'player' characters, as they tend to give you a gift when they leave, such as skill tomes and CREDIT.

PS. There IS a game guide available for free! (Donations accepted via paypal). You can download it on the company website shop section at www.studio69games.com

I'll speak to the guys at Aldorlea and ask them to upload it for you.

PPS. Hacking NPC characters like the EPT Rep at the beginning of the game results in my homage to Missingnum. from Pokemon. He's not useful yet... but he will be if you decide to carry on into Corruption (the upcoming sequel).

I'm glad you guys have positive things to say about the game :D I worked exceptionally hard on it.
Official Website - www.newrealitygames.co.uk
Studio69
Peasant

Postby feyone2 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:11 am

Thanks for the extra info blitzen,
I don't think I've got to the protection stage yet. When did you reach it?
I've been leveling up in some of the dungeons and have now got Scyr in my party but I haven't got into the Tower of Shadows yet. I'll try the EPT guy though.

"Studio 69", thanks for the email reply you sent me the other day. What I want to ask is I had the Roguerider for quite a while but he disappeared from my party after Masamae's story arc and I don't believe I got any gift or skills, I just ended up with a different party. Is this right and what should he have passed on?

As I've said before I like the characters and the concept is most interesting with a good combination of easy and difficult.
Thanks for your good work +::clap
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby blitzen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:48 pm

I don't think I've got to the protection stage yet. When did you reach it?

Umm…I’m having trouble keeping the levels in order. Right after the Alchemist’s House level, I think? As for Roguerider, he left me with a “tome” that can be used to teach a character a special skill. Check your inventory. And some credit as well, I think.

Studio69, do only recruited players leave or also monsters that you have hacked and become players in your party? Just curious.
blitzen
Bard

Postby Studio69 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:22 pm

The 'Protection' Questline is actually one of the quest-board quests that opens up a series of quests. It's quite tough, but worth playing through. As for Roguelike leaving your party, he is supposed to leave a gift if you hit his level cap, but if you haven't done that by the time you get to Masamae's arc, he drops out. This was done to combat a bug that folks were experiencing (for some odd reason. Software eh?).

And by the way, you don't get a different party after that bit, it just muddles up the order.

As for people leaving your party, it's only EVER other 'players.' Hacked monsters will remain with you forever, or until you upgrade them into different recruits. This is one of the many features that makes it feel a bit more like a simulated multiplayer game :)

-Ross
Studio69
Peasant

Postby blitzen » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:42 pm

OK, I am stuck.I finished the Vault dungeon, and the other party took their keystone back. I don't know what to do now. The only quest I seem to have left is to find Jet Li and take his armor. I found him once on the ship in the City of Strife, but he ran away and I haven't seen him since. I have been everywhere I can think of several times and can't find him. Nefarious doesn't want to talk to me. There are no new quests on the questboard and no new areas to explore. Where do I go from here? +::Dunno

Right now I am just leveling my characters up and trying to earn enough credit to buy the house, but it's getting a bit tedious. Help?
blitzen
Bard

Postby feyone2 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:39 pm

Hi blitzen,
Jet lee is in Strife up where the chicken racing is held. I'm not sure which dungeon you call the Vault so I can't help you there. Maybe it's related to the Protection Quest line which I don't have at the moment as I'm never quick enough to kill all the Orcs. I have finally bought the house and rented it out. Now I'm up to the AlTz but I'm sure there are things I've missed.
The Baby quest is the only one I have left in my quest journal but I'm not strong enough to take out the characters to achieve that.
Leveling up can be a bit tedious but most games seem to require it. I'm still enjoying it +::clap
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Studio69 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:28 pm

Hey Blitzen,

The Faballa quests (questboard, protection line and Vault dungeon) are not integral to furthering the quest. In order to progress in the main game, you have to meet and decide what to do (recruit/hack) the required players in the 'Forge' Dungeons.

Once you reach, I think it is 10 out of the 12 recruitables (off the top of my head), you'll be able to unlock the next story scene at the end of the GeTz dungeon, and then in HC-2 respectively.

Check out the game guide on www.studio69games.com if you get super-stuck. Aldorlea will also be uploading the guide sometime soon.

Regards, Ross
Studio69
Peasant

Next

Return to Games from other Developers