Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Data Hacker

Re: New RPG: Data Hacker

Postby blitzen » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks for the replies! I somehow missed a super obvious staircase in the Alchemist's House so I hadn't actually completed that dungeon. D'oh! +:oops:

Everything is going along OK now, except for that stupid Platform level. My jumping skills suck!
blitzen
Bard

leveling up

Postby TERRBEAR » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:34 pm

I love the game, but for some reason the players that I can level up past 60 will show 61 but go back to 60. Never going past 60. Is this normal?
TERRBEAR
Wanderer

Re: Data Hacker

Postby blitzen » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:03 pm

OK, now I have a big problem. I am nearing the endgame, have all my datacores & working my way through the dungeons. I recruited a character called "Tato" who is now in my HC-2 area and is blocking the pathway to the platform on the right.

This means that not only can I not create any new datacores (I finally defeated that robot & want to make an in-game child for that couple), but I also can't reach the guy who sells health items & potions! I don't think I have enough potions to get me through the rest of the levels. Is this supposed to happen? Is there somewhere else I can buy things that I haven't found? I hope there is a solution, because I won't be able to finish the game otherwise. +::Annoyed
blitzen
Bard

Postby feyone2 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi blitzen, you need to download the new patch to correct that problem. It's available on the dev's website which you can access from the game's start menu. :)
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby blitzen » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:17 am

Thanks! But I'm getting an error message when I try to dl it. Contacting developers directly. Annoying.
blitzen
Bard

Postby feyone2 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:32 am

Blitzen, Yes, there is an error message atm and I've already sent Ross an email. He was fixing another problem for me that happens in new game +, so sorry about that. He's normally very prompt at replying but that depends on where in the world you are living.
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby blitzen » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Just wanted to say, I downloaded the patch and finished the game. For $4.99 I got over 50 hours of playing time! (Admittedly I did spend a lot of time of time leveling up my players so I could defeat the Tower of Shadows, but still, that's a pretty amazing return for your money.) I really enjoyed this game and am looking forward to the sequel. Starting a New Game+ now.

I wonder why more people aren't playing this game? Maybe they think for that cheap price it is bound to be rubbish? Very strange. Anyway, I highly recommend! Well done to the developers. +::clap
blitzen
Bard

Postby briony » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:37 am

Hi Blitzen, you said that you have finished the game so can you help to defeat the nityt A & B and the psonhart in the tower of shadows level 3 if think 2nd last fight - I have 4 players all at level 40 - 43 the chaoschant, rogue, jell and the main character, but I keep getting wiped out - any suggestions would help. thanks
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby blitzen » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:24 am

Hi Briony! The Tower of Shadows is incredibly difficult, and I didn't manage to get through until I had my main character and my Chaoschant leveled up to the mid-50's, so good for you for getting that far. The first thing I would recommend is going back to the Warehouse dungeon and just going at it until one of the enemies drops the Mechaguard Call. The Mechaguard pet is way more useful than the Jelly, and has some effective skills. In the process you can level up some more & earn cash for healing items. It just may take a while.

My lineup was: main character, Chaoschant, Berserker, and Mechaguard. If you don't have a Berserker (upgraded Warrior), do you have the mercenary Scyr the Hyena? He's pretty good except you can't control what he does. Use Fudracofirestrike, Discharge, and any weapons that have a chance to stun. If you still have your Maquical Mirror, this is a good time to use that too.

Honestly, I didn't finish the Tower until quite late in the game, so your levels might just be too low to get all the way through. Keep at it!
blitzen
Bard

Postby feyone2 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:52 am

Hi Briony and blitzen, I think you've done really well with the tower! I had my characters up to the mid 50's and still didn't make it so I decided to move on. I had Jay, the Chavalier, Mechaguard & Scyr. I must admit in new game + I didn't bother trying even when I had Marcus the Beta King. It may have worked then as he's very powerful with a level of 65.
I think it's a great game & I had lots of fun with it. I emailed Ross & told him too. He's hoping to have the sequel out around December, as he's working on Fantasysche atm.
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Studio69 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:02 am

Hi guys! I'm so sorry I missed your posts on the forum. I didn't notice that there were two pages.. haha.

The Tower actually came into being as a completely optional challenge (though it's so worth it). Originally, the game itself was set to be a massive challenge, with little hand-holding. However, customers started complaining about it... so the difficulty had to be toned down. I'm a slave to my customers :p

As for the issue with characters leveling to 61 and then dropping again... this is a workaround. I needed to cap everyone at 60, and then lift that level cap in the sequel, when you import your save file. Some recruits are capped by the engine and will display 'max level', and the ones capped by code will level and drop.

We have a new game nearly ready to release, which is a much shorter game called Fantasyche. This will be up in a few weeks. This is good news for you guys, because Corruption (Initiation's sequel) is now going into development. I'm extremely excited about this!

So, you can continue your chosen paths, following on from your ending. Corruption will feature two distinctly differing narratives as the war comes to fruition. Which side are you on?
Last edited by Studio69 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official Website - www.newrealitygames.co.uk
Studio69
Peasant

Postby Studio69 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:17 am

Hey guys! Most of you seem to love Initiation, and if that's the case, you're going to fall in love with Corruption.

If you'd like to get in on the Kickstarter, check out the freshly-launched campaign: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/201 ... l-plot-rpg

As you know, Initiation features a branching storyline. Well, since you can import your save file into Corruption, you now have to live with those choices, and how they have affected the worlds around you.

In the coming war, on which side do you stand?
Studio69
Peasant

Postby nublet21 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:46 pm

guessing that 5dollar price was from a long time ago
it is showing up as 10 dollars with bmt check out
nublet21
Wanderer

Re: Data Hacker - Can't save game

Postby Mapster » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:32 am

Hi. I just bought and downloaded this game after I played the demo and I can't seem to save my games. I copied over my saves from the demo but I don't really think that's the problem. When I try to save it just buzzes at me but won't save. I tried starting over but no joy. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong?
Mapster
Bard

Postby Studio69 » Wed May 14, 2014 1:31 pm

If you're having trouble saving- it's an issue with your administrator permissions. Easily solved! Find the Game.exe in the install directory, right-click and hit properties. Check the 'open as administrator' box and you're all good to go!

Alternatively- download the latest patch from our website (www.newrealitygames.co.uk) and install that.
Studio69
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers