Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Epic Quest of the 4 Crystals

Re: New RPG: Epic Quest of the 4 Crystals

Postby horror » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:00 am

I've downloaded the demo, and everytime I try to launch it I get the error message: "RGSS player has stopped working". Help.
horror
Wanderer

Postby Aggeliki » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:31 am

i finished the demo so here is my feedback:

Spoiler: show
It would be unfair to talk about the story whithout playing the full version..the only thing i have to say at this point is that the various rpg heroes is a fun idea! the intro was quite shocking and left some unanswered questions for future playthrough..i loved the cutscene with the dragon!!
the music is good overall but it seemed a bit standard-epic rpg, maybe that is your aim..
the mapping is excellent, one can see the mastery that is put to it! it is detailed, vivid and unique! the only thing that stroke me as odd were the tents at the village feast, because their style didn't match the rest of the mapping in my opinion..i loved the interiors and the dark forest areas!i didn't manage to go to new areas, but i noticed that you travel by clicking on a tab? this is something i have experienced only in mmorgs so far and i am curious about how it fits in this type of game..
the battle system is good, though fighting on these platforms is not my style +:oops: and i have to admit that i would prefer enemies with different sprites roaming all over haha!
the money to pick was a nice surprise, instead of the usual chest!i gathered some green orbs too, but i don't yet know what are they +::biggrin

thank you for the game and congratulate on its release!
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby AuntIggy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:16 am

Spoiler: show
I played part of the demo and quit. I was completely disgusted with the sexual inuendos and the filthyness (Cocka etc., boy and sister sleeping in the same room etc.) Children will be playing this game. Call me old fashioned but I find nothing funny with the dialogue.
I won't pay a dime for it unless you have a cleaner version.

Mad that some developers can't make a game without thinking people won't play or enjoy unless there is unnecessary language or innuendos put there. Thank God there are developers like Eridani who don't find that necessary to put into their games.
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby feyone2 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:36 am

@Auntiggy, you can change the rating for the game in the options...so either family friendly or cheeky versions are available.

I have a question Arendjan regarding getting to the water cave/ I've beaten the Chimera in the Earth Cave and thought that I had collected all the points but I wasn't given the option of continuing and I'm not sure what to do now. Do I return to the Dark Forest or is there another path. The Guide isn't that pacific. It's been fun so far and thanks for your help yesterday. +::clap
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby bgamer » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:38 pm

I am wondering if anyone managed to find the 60 gold coins points in Farmville. I have been walking all around the town and can only find 56. I don't want to move from that area until I find them all. +::Dunno
bgamer
Wanderer

Postby ArendJan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:20 pm

@AuntIggy: You can set it to Family Mode (Censor Jokes) in the options menu if you don't appreciate this style of humor. :) But, Cocka-Cocka is an actual character name (from Laxius Force) and I don't see what's wrong with a boy and a girl being in the same room? Nothing happened, they were just hanging out and drinking ale. XD

@Feyone: You can access the Water Cave from the stage selection screen after collecting the earth crystal. :)

@bgamer: There are 4 behind a tree somewhere, you can barely see it, or maybe you already picked these up. Anyway, you can miss 60 points and still get the perfect ending. ^^

@horror: Try redownloading it~ Or when you start, just let it load for a while first without clicking anything.
ArendJan
Bard

Postby AuntIggy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:46 am

@ Arendan - nothing wrong with them being in the same room but it's what you implied that wasn't necessary. Also I am well aware who Cocka Cocka is and his name isn't the problem either but again what you implied which was pretty much said. Didn't know it could be changed to a cleaner version as I don't check options normally. And it's not witty humor it's crude humor and there is a huge difference between the two. But we don't have to agree on this. We can just agree to disagree.
At least people are aware of this now as there is nothing stated in the write up that says it is such and you can have a cleaner version by going to options.
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby horror » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:35 am

"@horror: Try redownloading it~ Or when you start, just let it load for a while first without clicking anything"

Did as you suggested to no avail. As soon as I hit the "continue trial" button the same error message pops up: RGSS player has stopped working. Let it sit awhile before closing it down in hopes that it would eventually load, but after about 30 minutes I gave up. I'm running Windows 8, and have had compatibility issues before with other games (not these JRPG types though - I've played virtually every RPG game on this site with absolutely no problems). Is there any kind of fix for this?
horror
Wanderer

Postby pretzl » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:39 am

I have bought the game and the guide.

The game has installed ok but the guide says the password is incorrect.

I have redownloaded but get the same message. Help please.
pretzl
Bard

Postby ArendJan » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:01 am

@AuntIggy: Hm, I can see your point on Cocka-Cocka, but out of curiosity: how is anything implied at all when Theodore is hanging out at Mary's place? O.o They drink some ale, Theodore has a weird dream and suspects Mary drugged him but she denies it. (< this is actually an important plot point) How is anything sexual implied? I'm curious what you're referring to. ^^

@horror: Does it help if you right-click on Game.exe and select Run as Administrator? Or if you turn the anti-virus off for a minute?

@pretzl: The password works, but you have to make sure you copy it properly. ^_^ No spaces, proper capitalization, etc.
ArendJan
Bard

Postby pretzl » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:48 pm

I always copy and paste. There must be another problem
pretzl
Bard

Postby cstrait » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:42 pm

My demo crashed just after the character in the east forest joined the party of Mary and Theodore. must be a bug in it
cstrait
Mercenary

Postby ArendJan » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:08 pm

pretzl wrote:I always copy and paste. There must be another problem

Well, the zip works fine, I just tried it myself again. Is there an unwanted space at the beginning or end?

@cstrait: How'd it crash? What happened?
ArendJan
Bard

Postby pretzl » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:35 pm

worked this time. Must have been a gap at beginning or end. Never come across this problem before.

Thank you for you trouble.
pretzl
Bard

Postby ArendJan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:07 am

Hehe, thought so. ^_^ Glad it works!
ArendJan
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers