Black Home

Black Home

Postby Indinera » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:16 pm

BLACK HOME

$11.99 only!!

Image Image

This is a game by a brand new developing studio, Valkyria Games

SUMMARY:

The apparition of your loved one stands before you.
The rain comes down so hard it stings, and the lightning flashes to illuminate the
darkened windows of the decrepit monastary you stand before.

Inside this maze of ruins, is your loved one, lost, trapped, and alone. No one will
come to your aid. No one will offer you any support, or weapons, or tools, save
those you must find yourself.

Can you solve the mystery of the Monastary? Can you uncover the secrets contained within?
Brave the unknown terrors inside, find hidden rooms and secret chambers, and unlock the
mysterious past before the sun comes up, and you may get out alive!

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Black Home

Postby D-Squall » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:26 pm

I thought this was Warfare Studios' game cause some arts were uploaded on their dA. Oh well, this indeed looks interesing... I'll definetly going to play it all soon, for now just the trial 'cause I'm busy with other games. :)
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby loof123 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:37 pm

I thought it was Warfare's game too, and when I googled Valkyria Games, NOTHING came up... I smell a conspiracy... (Plus right now, Del is coincidentally (?) online) But even though I may be completely wrong, looks good. I'll give it a try, and if it's good, I'll buy it :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Alikamou » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Doesn't matter...I like it +::biggrin a lot of hunting and seems more like Skyborn where you have limited encounters...all the more good so we can concentrate on the exploration +::Thumbup My time-limit is up and just waiting to get the key +::Dance

Edit: Just completed the game +::whistle If you are looking for a lot of exploration and questing...try it +::biggrin There are battles, most will not reappear after you've successfully fought them. There is a training one tho...just to level you up a tiny bit to get by, you'' find it in jail +::biggrin Just love the holy water pools!!!!! What a life saver +::biggrin Don't think I got all the chess pieces tho, and can't figure out how to get to that one guy on the top floor +:::| Really different music for different sections and those sound effects which set the atmosphere in some places +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Odin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:11 pm

It is nice to know you liked it!

UPDATED VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!

Here are the fixes:

- MOST IMPORTANT, there was foolish bug where the well right at the entrance of the monastery teleported you to an advanced area messing up with the whole game chronology and functionality.

- We have created a new introduction scene to get the mood going for the game.

- Dialogues were made more objective and casual, they were shortened and made easier to understand.

- The overall visuals were lightened, so it is much easier to see the environment and percept what is going around you.

- The backtracking in the early stages of the game has been removed, the gameplay is much more smooth now
Odin
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Glad to hear the game has been revamped! Everyone should try it again. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Alikamou » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:11 pm

+::O_o Advanced territory???? +::biggrin Had a blast with that area +::biggrin Really had to hunt for those pools +::biggrin The really tough part was Ms. Coy and the monster...one-on-one. Glad for the save before then +::biggrin
And before I forget...ever so grateful for those sparkling points showing specific places! I really needed those to continue +::Thumbup

I got my battles, questing, hidden objects to locate and a very determined wife +::biggrin Neat game Odin. Have to give this another try because I want to see the difference and also try to find that bandaged man on that top floor and get all 32 chess pieces ;)

Biggest Tip:
Spoiler: show
Make sure you save before entering any new screen +::biggrin You never know when you can 'bite the dust' just trying to approach something looking very innocent and fall into a booby trap for a "Game Over" +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Odin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:52 pm

That is a great tip Alikamou! :)

Bandaged man is quite the mystery isn't it?
Odin
Peasant

Postby Alikamou » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:06 pm

+::shhhh I saw him again just now and still can't figure out how I'm gonna get to him +::biggrin

That aside...just re-downloaded and re-playing....LOVE THAT INTRO! It really segued in beautifully +::Thumbup Had to test out the waterwell outside, too +::biggrin

Edit: Before I forget +:oops: "senior moments" +::biggrin Is there a cap on levels? Only got them to around 17 +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Odin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:19 pm

+::biggrin
Nope, you could go as high as 99 if you had the patience.
Odin
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm curious about something, does the merchant speech is a reference to the merchant speech from Resident Evil 4?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Odin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:46 pm

+::biggrin Nice catch! We're fans!
Odin
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:51 pm

Yeah, the merchant from RE4 totally came to my head as soon as I saw what he said. +::biggrin
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Odin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:52 pm

I hope you're enjoying it! :)
Odin
Peasant

Postby Alikamou » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:58 am

+::whistle ok...with this re-download...I can safely say...I REALLY TOOK WRONG TURNS THE FIRST TIME THROUGH! +::lol +::lol +::lol But since I did get to play-through once...at least it gives be a better idea of what room is where +::Thumbup Going back for more in a bit +::biggrin

Edit: Quick question...can we actually locate all 32 chess pieces? +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Next

Return to Games from other Developers