Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Elements: Soul of Fire

Re: Elements: Soul of Fire

Postby soulcatapult » Wed May 07, 2014 3:43 am

Nicholas: There was no one to rescue during the second visit to the imperial fortress. You can always go back to get any treasure you may have missed (but only through the passage in the resistance base, not the front gate).
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby briony » Wed May 07, 2014 9:35 am

Sorry Jeremyz but I am lost again in the last part of the dark temple have to get to Gerbu - I am in the maze with the raft have found 3 warps but not the 4 th one - could you give some directions please - many thanks- frustrating but very enjoyable game
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby soulcatapult » Wed May 07, 2014 10:46 am

Briony: No need to apologize! I enjoy helping everyone. :)

Here is a map of the raft maze:
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy167/jeremyz89/Genbu_help_zps4fddcce2.png

You want to hit the three switches, which will extinguish the flame barring the path to Genbu. You can also pick up the Guardian Shield if you have a Skeleton Key (dropped by the King Zombie in the horde of Corpses you may occasionally encounter). The Guardian Shield is protected by Shield Guardians, who possess high Attack and Defense.

I'm so glad you're enjoying the game despite occasional frustrations. +::YAY

EDIT: By the way, just a thought... I wonder how Acashpat is doing? He did so much for everyone (and consequently, for me as well). I wonder if he'll come back...
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby briony » Wed May 07, 2014 11:54 am

Many thanks will try to get the shield
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby guppies143 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Hi Jeremy,
Well, I was hoping I wouldn't have to ask for help again, but I need some help +::surrender . I did what you told me to do and ended up at the vines (which were sort of fun). But, I went through the dark area and picked up some lamp lighters. Now, I don't know what to do next +::surrender . Please help one more time :) . Thank you,
Guppy
guppies143
Wanderer

Postby soulcatapult » Thu May 08, 2014 12:41 am

Guppy:
Spoiler: show
Did you make it through both sections of vines? If so, you should've activated a warp. This takes you to and from the entrance of the shrine (at the entrance warp, select "warp to the peak").

At the "peak," walk straight up into the hollow and take the next warp. You'll be taken to a large chamber with inscriptions on the floor and blocks bearing the symbols of all the Elements. The tablet in the center challenges you to arrange the Elements in their proper configuration. This is the final puzzle of the game, and fully captures the essence of what it's all about.

The inscriptions tell you what Element should go where... but not directly (walk over them and press the action button/key to read them). What you must do is return to the Castle in the Sky and take the upper-left exit from the throne room, continuing on until you reach the Choir Hall. You'll see many Rygu singing before symbols of all the Elements. These symbols are the same as those in the Elemental Shrine (except the ones in the shrine are in color). The Rygu tell you what each Element is, along with any qualities associated with it (cardinal/fixed/mutable; Courage, Passion, Action, etc.). You must use this information to solve the puzzle in the Elemental Shrine by pushing each Elemental block onto the proper inscription (using the action button/key).

This may seem daunting, but it's really not hard if you simply scribble each Elemental symbol on paper and write its qualities next to it, then refer to this information as you go about solving the puzzle. It just might take a bit. ;)

And please, don't feel bad about asking for help! It thrills me to get feedback from people who've played (and hopefully enjoyed) my game. :)
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby guppies143 » Thu May 08, 2014 1:43 am

Hi Jeremy, Thanks for the quick response! I think I screwed up. I can't seem to get back to the vine area from where I am. Is there a way, or can you get me back to the start of the vine area? Please let me know +::sos .
guppies143
Wanderer

Postby briony » Thu May 08, 2014 2:49 am

Hi again - I have just beaten Cugei and am now at crossroads with a tombstone that says something about the island of alavon- but I do not know where to go. would really appreciate your help. many thanks+: +::surrender
Hi am okay have just figured it out - +: +::YAY
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby briony » Thu May 08, 2014 10:38 am

I am in the production room with the elements but I cannot seem to be able to kill them - can you suggest who I should have in my party and how to kill them- many thanks
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby soulcatapult » Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Briony: The most important part of this battle is taking out the Hub FIRST, so it can't revive the other parts. Also, make sure you have plenty of items like Stat Raisers and Element Barriers. You can buy them from Vendorbot, down from the control center.

There's a shortcut through the Production Facility you can take by going through the pipe that's directly below the Rune Replicator (boss) if you want to go back and restock.

As for the battle, the Earth and Water parts can heal (the Earth one heals more), so you might want to take those out before the others (remember though, AFTER destroying the Hub first).

If you want pure power, go with Maximus' Charge (if you've used him or if he's adequately leveled). Jessica's Empowering Force is replicated by the Stat Raiser, but if you run out of Stat Raisers or Jessica's EF, one can replace the other (actually, the Stat Raiser raises ALL your stats, not just Attack like Empowering Force, but you definitely want to boost your Attack to end this battle as quickly as possible).

If you're being badly beaten by all the Elemental attacks, use accessories that will boost your Elemental defenses (each character's Rune covers their weaknesses). If that's not so much a problem, then outfit your attackers with accessories that boost Attack and Strength.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby briony » Thu May 08, 2014 11:54 pm

thank you will try that
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby soulcatapult » Fri May 09, 2014 1:28 am

Briony: By the way, Life Guards are also useful to stock up on, as they prevent status ailments (even instant death). Stat Raisers, Element Barriers, and Life Guards are all essential in the end stages of the game.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby briony » Fri May 09, 2014 8:59 am

Thank you Jeremyz I have now done that part killed the panel things with the code but am lost in those pipes going around in circles looking for a way out- HELP+: +::surrender
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby soulcatapult » Fri May 09, 2014 10:39 pm

briony wrote:Thank you Jeremyz I have now done that part killed the panel things with the code but am lost in those pipes going around in circles looking for a way out- HELP

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy167/jeremyz89/Pipes_help_zpse5d2c0e0.png

:)
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby briony » Sat May 10, 2014 7:18 am

Hi got through that area and now am in Heaven at the point with the word HELL on the ground - how do I get passed the flying balls of fire please- I think I am too slow for them+: :(
briony
DreamLord of Myst

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers