Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Elements: Soul of Fire

Re: Elements: Soul of Fire orbs

Postby pammyg » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:30 am

thank you all worked out. I have found 3 orbs but having trouble finding 4th, have found the obvious ones you can see, there is one by the metal gate where it tells you to put orbs on pedestals - on left side can see it but can't get to it.
any help would be appreciated

pam
pammyg
Peasant

Re: Elements: Soul of Fire orbs

Postby soulcatapult » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:32 pm

pammyg wrote:thank you all worked out. I have found 3 orbs but having trouble finding 4th, have found the obvious ones you can see, there is one by the metal gate where it tells you to put orbs on pedestals - on left side can see it but can't get to it.
any help would be appreciated

pam

The inaccessible chest to the left of the gate isn't actually an orb, but an accessory you can get once you open the gate.

Here are the locations of the orbs:
1. From the entrance of the forest, take the bridge up to the other side of the stream, and head left. The chest with the orb is up on a hill.
2. To the right of the gate in the northern area, just pass through a tree to the right.
3. In the area with the four towers, on the right side, you can see a chest in the trees. Somewhat above its location, keep pressing right into the trees to find a secret passage that leads to it.
4. At the bottom-right of the area with the four towers, there is another area. Here, go to the lowest point you can go and again press right into the trees. The secret passage leads to the chest with the orb.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Re: Elements: Soul of Fire

Postby feyone2 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:35 pm

Hi Jeremy, I'm still trying to beat cugei in his last form. If I return to the elemental shrine am I able to go get more items as I'm very low? The comment that comes up on scene says that the items you used previously wont return to you so I'm not too keen go that way if I can't replenish. Do you have any advice re battle plan etc? Leonardo is 91 Jessica 97 Maximuss 91 & Leah 67. +::sos
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:24 am

feyone2 wrote:Hi Jeremy, I'm still trying to beat cugei in his last form. If I return to the elemental shrine am I able to go get more items as I'm very low? The comment that comes up on scene says that the items you used previously wont return to you so I'm not too keen go that way if I can't replenish. Do you have any advice re battle plan etc? Leonardo is 91 Jessica 97 Maximuss 91 & Leah 67.

What the message means is that the items you've already used won't come back, but you can leave and go buy more. However, you'll have to fight all the battles up to and including Delila and Astaroth again when you return to the end of the Elemental Shrine.

I might be able to help you more if you tell me what equipment you're using for each character.

Generally, Empowering Force with Jessica, Charge with Maximus, and use Leonardo's new skills well (Spirit Fire, Omniwall, and lastly Phoenix Dive if you're desperate). Don't forget Life Guards, Stat Raisers, Elemental Barriers, Spider Webs, etc. if you have them. A healthy supply of Neo Tonic and/or Radiant Soma is also essential, especially if you're not using Ezra (not that he's mandatory, you just need more healing items to compensate for not having a character with healing skills). And of course, Pepp Peps (the split effects of Rory's Brew and Regina's Wine may also do in a pinch). Unicorn Horns/Phoenix Feathers for revival, Jubilee Grails for lesser healing than Neo Tonic/Radiant Soma... and so on. I realize that you may be drained of all these items after the gauntlet that leads up to the final battle.

Spirit Fire actually encompasses the effect of Empowering Force, but it's still useful to have Jessica use that skill because, for example, you could have her use it in the same turn as Leo using Omniwall to get your buffs up quicker. Leonardo is more of a support character in this battle than anything else (unless maybe he has God's Hand, his best weapon).

Leah can be really good with the right equipment, but there again comes me needing to know what you're equipped with in order to advise you further. If she's not worth much offensively, you should probably dedicate her to using the aforementioned support and healing items.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:37 am

Thanks for getting back so quickly, Jeremy!
Leonardo's equip: Diamond Knuckles, Phoenix Headdress, Winged Armour & Fire Rune
Jessica's is: Chakra Wheel, Winged shield, kit's bandana, Dragon dress & mind Rune. Maximuss is: Triton's Trident, Cross shield, Knight's helmet, Paladin armour & Iron rune and Leah has Spear of Destiny, Shadow shield, Hobo Lily, Venus Bikini & Earth rune.
I'm still enjoying the game despite it taking me so long but I must confess that I've played another game in between so I could come back to it fresh.
I think it is probably a little too long and maybe it would have benefited from being split into two games like Indi does with his long story lines. I love the characters as I've told you before and I liked the final scene with Boaz as I always liked his waywardness. It's great work and don't try to out do it in the future but let it flow! +::YAY

PS: Hope you had a great Birthday last week! +::wizard
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby blitzen » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:55 am

Where can I get a shrine key on the Intelligence path? I've gone through the area many times and can't find any key to get the Spear of Destiny for Leah. I'd like to at least get that before trying to do the final battles.

I have given up any thought of getting the God's Hand because the Agility path is frankly impossible. Is there a single person on this board who has completed that section without having to send their save file to Jeremy?
blitzen
Bard

Postby Prometheus » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:00 am

blitzen wrote:Where can I get a shrine key on the Intelligence path? I've gone through the area many times and can't find any key to get the Spear of Destiny for Leah. I'd like to at least get that before trying to do the final battles.

I have given up any thought of getting the God's Hand because the Agility path is frankly impossible. Is there a single person on this board who has completed that section without having to send their save file to Jeremy?

might be remembering this wrong, but as i recall each path gives a shrine key after defeating the 'path boss'

i completed the entire agility shrine without assistance
Prometheus
Wanderer

Postby soulcatapult » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:41 am

feyone2 wrote:Thanks for getting back so quickly, Jeremy!
Leonardo's equip: Diamond Knuckles, Phoenix Headdress, Winged Armour & Fire Rune
Jessica's is: Chakra Wheel, Winged shield, kit's bandana, Dragon dress & mind Rune. Maximuss is: Triton's Trident, Cross shield, Knight's helmet, Paladin armour & Iron rune and Leah has Spear of Destiny, Shadow shield, Hobo Lily, Venus Bikini & Earth rune.

With only the Diamond Knuckles, Leonardo will probably have to resort to being a support character in this battle.

However, Jessica's Chakra Wheel can actually deal some pretty decent damage with a little assistance. Do you have any accessories like the Megalodon Tooth, Battle Scarf, or the Ogre Badge you get when you return all of Ben's statues to him? You could try equipping those on any of your characters and see if you deal more damage. Of course, you'll be sacrificing Elemental resistance in exchange.

I know going back could be a nightmare, but if you can nab another Shrine Key, Maximus could really benefit from the Seraph Halberd you can get on the Strength path of the shrine.

Leah's setup is very good; the only thing you might change is an accessory that boosts her Attack even more, but of course she won't be as well-protected without her Rune.

If you do go back, remember to stock up on all the items I mentioned.

In any case, good luck, and thanks for your encouragement.

EDIT/PS: If you have Genbu's Shield, that's something else that could help increase your damage output.

One more thing. What is the biggest problem you're having? Not dealing enough damage? The boss dealing too much damage to you? The battle simply going on to long and running out of resources? Or?
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby blitzen » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:49 am

Prometheus wrote:might be remembering this wrong, but as i recall each path gives a shrine key after defeating the 'path boss'

Well, then I must be doing something wrong, because I get all the way to the shrine on the right-hand path without meeting any boss, and on the left path I have gotten all the way to (and completed) the elements puzzle before the final battle. Where is the boss for this path?
blitzen
Bard

Postby soulcatapult » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:52 am

Blitzen: You can tell if you've beaten any of the bosses by going to the area where the path initially splits. In front of each entrance, there is an arch with a warp tile under it. If it's flashing, you've reached that boss. Take the warp and see if there is a boss blocking your path to the next warp. If not, you've beaten it already.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby blitzen » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:06 am

jeremyz wrote:Blitzen: You can tell if you've beaten any of the bosses by going to the area where the path initially splits. In front of each entrance, there is an arch with a warp tile under it. If it's flashing, you've reached that boss. Take the warp and see if there is a boss blocking your path to the next warp. If not, you've beaten it already.

The warp is flashing. When I take it leads to to an area with another warp, which takes me to a garden area. I've been all through this area already. Where is the boss supposed to be?
blitzen
Bard

Postby soulcatapult » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:13 am

If there's no boss in any of the three intermediate areas between the entrance and the garden, you've beaten it already.

Just to clarify, you're talking about the three warp tiles under the three arches at the entrance, right? Because further down is another warp that takes you straight to the garden, or the top of the shrine (if you've reached that point).
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:31 am

Yes, running out of resources is a major problem and not dealing enough damage. I'll try some of the options you suggested. Thanks again for your assistance! +::heart
I did the strength part of the shrine but I didn't find the weapon for Maximuss! Can you tell me where it is? Directions & map please if that's not too much trouble? I'm usually game to try again!!!! +::YAY +::YAY +::heart +::clap
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:01 am

Feyone2: The Seraph Halberd isn't difficult to find, but you need both a Shrine Key and Etheric Light.

Take the rightmost (Strength) path at the beginning, and pass through the first area.

The path splits in three again. Again, take the right path.

Head straight up through the room with the electrified floor and invisible battle tiles.

When you emerge in the next area, you should see a darkened room to the right. Press against the column to the right as you make your way up, until you pass through, and go up into the next room.

Use Etheric Light to create a flame of teleportation. Warp.

Proceed down into the next area and walk straight to the left. You'll automatically jump across the dragons' necks. Go up the stairs at the other side. Behind the locked door is the Seraph Halberd.

Just use the Warp Stone to escape.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:47 am

Thanks for the info. I have plenty etheric light but no shrine keys spare so I guess that's out of the question?
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers