Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Elements: Soul of Fire

shards, crystals, and rings

Postby jincyk » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:16 pm

Could you give info about where to find specific shard, crystal, and ring gems? I have some of every thing but not 8 of any crystal or shard and am missing some rings. I'm beefing everybody up by wandering through old temples and caves...
jincyk
Explorer

Re: shards, crystals, and rings

Postby soulcatapult » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:43 pm

jincyk wrote:Could you give info about where to find specific shard, crystal, and ring gems? I have some of every thing but not 8 of any crystal or shard and am missing some rings. I'm beefing everybody up by wandering through old temples and caves...

Can you tell me which of each type you have?

By the way, the crystals and shards are usable items in battle, so you may have already used them up (unless you made it a point to save them). The rings can be equipped. All three can also be sold.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Re: Elements: Soul of Fire

Postby jincyk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Okay, here are the shards, crystals, and rings that I've gotten:

Shards: Quartz 2, Ruby 6, Opal 5, Onyx 5, Topaz 4, Emerald 4, Sapphire 6, Diamond 2

Crystals: Ruby 5, Opal 5, Emerald 2, Diamond 4, Onyx 4, Topaz 5

Rings: Ruby, Opal, Emerald, Topaz, Sapphire, Diamond, Quartz

So: I'm missing some of all the shards and crystals (I don't have any Diamond or Sapphire crystals), and I'm missing the Onyx ring.

Any info appreciated! BTW, the only improvement I can suggest to this terrific game (if you're taking suggestions) is a way to manage items and equipment so that we can organize them as we like (i.e., alphabetically or by category). It's taxing to have to go through a v. long list looking for specifics.

Anyway, thanks for all the help!
jincyk
Explorer

Postby soulcatapult » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:36 pm

jincyk wrote:Okay, here are the shards, crystals, and rings that I've gotten:

Shards: Quartz 2, Ruby 6, Opal 5, Onyx 5, Topaz 4, Emerald 4, Sapphire 6, Diamond 2

Crystals: Ruby 5, Opal 5, Emerald 2, Diamond 4, Onyx 4, Topaz 5

Rings: Ruby, Opal, Emerald, Topaz, Sapphire, Diamond, Quartz

So: I'm missing some of all the shards and crystals (I don't have any Diamond or Sapphire crystals), and I'm missing the Onyx ring.

Actually, you only need one of each type of shard/crystal/ring for Dimitri, and you have all the different types of shards. What he was saying was that there are eight KINDS of shards/crystals/rings, not that he wanted you to bring eight of any ONE kind to him. So you could complete the side quest now with the shards you have (and therefore keep your rings).
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby briony » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:08 am

Jeremy, could you tell me where to find the seraph halberd - I did not find it the first time around and still cannot find it this time- I know it is in the strength part - I have both of the others+: +::Dunno
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby soulcatapult » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:31 pm

briony wrote:Jeremy, could you tell me where to find the seraph halberd - I did not find it the first time around and still cannot find it this time- I know it is in the strength part - I have both of the others

From the beginning of the Strength path, head up through the first room. In the courtyard ahead, the path splits in three. Take the path to the right.

Make your way through the electrified room and go up the next set of stairs.

Outside again, in another courtyard, you should see a darkened area beyond the wall to the right. There's a spot where you can slip behind the pillar. Go up the stairs in the darkened area.

You'll need some etheric light to ignite the flame of teleportation in the next room. Once you've activated it, warp through it.

Now go down the stairs in the new room. Outside, you can go left and jump across the dragon statues' necks to reach the other side. If you step in front of the middle gargoyle statue, you'll have to fight it. Go up the stairs on the other side.

At the top of this last, long stairway is the door to the Seraph Halberd. Of course, you'll need a shrine key to open it.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby guppies143 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:45 pm

Hi Jeremy,
I finally beat Cugei +::YAY +::YAY . It only took 270 hours, but I enjoyed almost every moment :) . I want to thank you for all your help. This is the best game I've played in a long,long time. Talk about getting your monies worth :) You are a very creative, intellengent, and a great game developer. I hope you have another game in mind for the near future. I have only a couple suggestion: It would have been nice to have a Quest Journal because of all the things there are to do; It would have been nice to some how be able to organize the Items menu, putting the things you use the most near the top of the menu; and maybe a Rush option in the fight/escape area so you don't have to go through all four players to attack an enemy. Other than those things....GREAT GAME!!!! I'll be looking out for the next one. Thanks again :)
Guppy
guppies143
Wanderer

Postby briony » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:34 am

guppies143 wrote:Hi Jeremy,
I finally beat Cugei +::YAY +::YAY . It only took 270 hours, but I enjoyed almost every moment :) . I want to thank you for all your help. This is the best game I've played in a long,long time. Talk about getting your monies worth :) You are a very creative, intellengent, and a great game developer. I hope you have another game in mind for the near future. I have only a couple suggestion: It would have been nice to have a Quest Journal because of all the things there are to do; It would have been nice to some how be able to organize the Items menu, putting the things you use the most near the top of the menu; and maybe a Rush option in the fight/escape area so you don't have to go through all four players to attack an enemy. Other than those things....GREAT GAME!!!! I'll be looking out for the next one. Thanks again :)
Guppy

I agree wholeheartedly with you - I am playing it for the 2nd time trying to get all the items I missed - maybe the item list could be put into catagories- eg item, weapons, armour etc +: +::clap

Many thanks Jeremy - I would never have found it by myself
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby soulcatapult » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:46 am

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, as always.

briony wrote:Many thanks Jeremy - I would never have found it by myself

You're very welcome. :)

Guppy: Congratulations, you! +::YAY That's fantastic! I'm so glad you were finally able to do it! What seemed to be the key to your victory?
Last edited by soulcatapult on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby briony » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:06 am

Hi tried to do your surprise removing the word insert but cannot get it to open
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby soulcatapult » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:36 am

briony wrote:Hi tried to do your surprise removing the word insert but cannot get it to open

Did you remove the parentheses as well?
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby briony » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:14 am

Yes I removed the word plus the brackets
Also I still cannot do the vines - would you be so kind as to do them again for me now that I have the halbar many thanks
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby soulcatapult » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:28 am

briony wrote:Yes I removed the word plus the brackets

I'm sorry about that. The reason I encapsulated the link in obtuse code is because I was trying to prevent it from showing up on Google Image Search and the like. You should be able to just copy the link now, but let me know if you still have problems.

And yes, just send me your save file for the vines. :)
Last edited by soulcatapult on Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby gaby5516 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi there again JEREMY,
Any hints on getting through the purple flames in the dark area in Path of Intelligence?
I figure I have to try to get them all to follow me somehow. But just can't seem to get the hang of it.

Also, in the Agility Path, there is one area where there are two rows of flames, one going up the other down.
How am I supposed to pass them? Any hints on that one?
I just want to do all 3 paths if possible. +::Dunno
gaby5516
Bard

Postby jincyk » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:12 pm

Is there any advantage to giving Ronaldo Excalibur? I can't find anybody who can arm the G.C....
jincyk
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers