Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Elements: Soul of Fire

Re: Elements: Soul of Fire

Postby pretzl » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:59 pm

Thanks for your very clear help

I bought the game ( I am really enjoying it ) and was worried to find that the new download started from the beginning.

Would not want to start from the beginning. This is the longest trial i have ever known. Great value.

I hope i will be able to continue when i get the end of the trial.

Can someone tell me if the trial is time controlled or event controlled or is there an error and the trial just goes on.

I have been playing for 7 hours.
Last edited by pretzl on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pretzl
Bard

Postby feyone2 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:04 am

I'm at the top of Mt Loki but I can't beat the shadow & it's helpers. Can you give me a clue as to how to continue? Please.
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

keys to castle

Postby pretzl » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:59 pm

am in Alavon and stuck again.

I have found 2 keys ---- one in garden and one from Phoebe. I cant find the last key.

I have been round and round and am now running out of medicine,

Please can you help

Sorry ---- found the third key.
Last edited by pretzl on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pretzl
Bard

Postby richmond » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi. I eventually finished the trial game after 11 hours!! WOW.

Have now bought the game and downloaded it...but...it will not continue from where I left off in the trial game. Have looked at my programme files and cannot find the 4 saved games I made in the trial game to transfer to the new game. Have looked everwhere. Can someone help please. +::cry

What a fantastic game by the way....this will take me a month to complete at this rate! +::biggrin
richmond
Bard

Postby pretzl » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:20 pm

Thank you Richmond for this info.

I will not continue with the trial until i know how to transfer to the purchased game.

I dont know how to put save files on to my computer and it seems even this didnt help you.

I could not bear to have to replay 11 hours. I'm up to 10 at the moment.

Please would someone ( preferably the Dev ) please help.

I am really enjoying the game.
pretzl
Bard

Postby acashpat » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:59 pm

@feyone2: Here is what I did to beat the shadow and his two helpers

My party was: Leonardo, Leah, Boaz, and Jessica
Party Level: Leonardo(22-23), Leah (23-24), Boaz (17-18), Jessica (17-18)
Strategy: The two helpers and the shadow are weak against Jessica magic attack (Psi Dart). The two helpers can also be damaged using Leah's Pebble Whirl or Rock Shirl. Use Leah's Rock Swirl at the beginning and you might kill one or both. Finish them off with Jessica's Psi Dart. After that focus on the shadow with Leonardo's, Leah's and Jessica's magic attacks to damage the shadow (You can't use Boaz's magic as it will heal the shadow). Make sure to have plenty of Pepp Pep and healing items such as Power Drinks and Myrrh Droplets to survive the fight.

Hope this helps.
acashpat
Wanderer

Postby feyone2 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:35 pm

Thanks for that acashpat. I've been leveling up all players like mad.
Another question - I'm still playing the trial version and am hopeful of continuing the game from where I am now, will I be able to? I can't find any 'save' files when I search the computer.
Cheers feyone2
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby acashpat » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:39 pm

Hello all,

I have seen there has been questions about how if it is possible to transfer your save files from the trial version to the full version. According to the readme file in the full version, you can transfer your save data from the trial to the full version but finding the save files is not very intuitive. These instructions work for a Windows 7 operating system:

1) Find where on your computer you installed Elements (it should be C:/Program Files(or Program Files(x86))/Elements)
2) In this folder, click on the Compatibility Files button (it should be at the top with other buttons such as Organize and New Folder)
3) You should see your save files here. Copy these files to the folder with the full version. Just to be safe, make sure you click the Compatibility Files button in the full version folder and copy the save files there.

Let me know if this helps
acashpat
Wanderer

Postby feyone2 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:13 am

@acashpat I've only got windows XP and I haven't managed to find them yet.
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby acashpat » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:35 am

Hello all,
If you are not running a Windows 7 operating system, finding your save files is difficult on other Windows system as the save files are found under a hidden folder called "Appdata". Make sure to follow the instructions to a tee to not mess up your computer

1) Go to your Control Panel and click on Appearances and Themes. In this menu, click on the Folder Options and then the View tab. Here click on "Show hidden folders and files"
2) Go to C:/Documents and Settings/<your user name>
3) Here click on the Appdata folder. Next click the Local folder then the Virtual Store folder.
4) Here click on Program Files (or Program Files (x86))
5) Find your Elements folder for the trial version. You should find your save files here.
6) Find your Elements folder for the full version. Copy the save files from the trial folder to this folder
7) Go back to the Appearances and Themes menu in the Control Panel. Go back to the Folder Options and unclick the "Show hidden folders and files"

Let me know if this works everyone.
acashpat
Wanderer

Postby briony » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:33 am

Would any one have a save for just after the mines where you have to jump over holes/gaps etc and loops (railway lines) - I cannot do this part as my reflexes are too slow - have done all up to this bit- would appreciate it if possible
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby pretzl » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:45 am

DISASTER!

I bought the game and tried to follow the instructions to move the trial to the full version.

I found the trial version folder and the full version folder. I tried to copy the trial to the full version.
The trial has disappeared from my program files but has not reappeared anywhere I can find it.

The icon for the trial is still on my desktop but it only gives me a new game. Same with the full version.

10 hours of play has disappeared. I am gutted.

Could I have erased the files from the trial or could they have moved somewhere.

Please please can you help.
pretzl
Bard

Postby acashpat » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:19 pm

@pretzl: Did you copy and paste just the save files from the trial folder to the full version folder or did you copy the whole folder itself. Also did you cut and paste instead of copy and paste? I will try to download the trial version and see what I can do and get back with you.
acashpat
Wanderer

Postby acashpat » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:47 pm

@pretzl: I just downloaded the trial version and made a save file at the beginning of the game and noticed something interesting. The save file for the trial version was in C:/Program Files/Elements at least for me it was. When I copied this save file to the full version of my game using the instructions I gave in my previous post, I was able to start from where I saved. Can you check and see if you have a save file in C:/Program Files/Elements? If you saved the game in the first slot, the file is going to say Save1. Let me know if this works or not. And sorry for all the trouble you are having with this.
acashpat
Wanderer

Postby pretzl » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi acashpat

I tried your suggestion. I found the folder but there are no save files in the folder.

i played the beginning of the full version and saved in the first slot. When I looked at the folder the save1 was there.

But not in the trial version.

I have probably done something stupid and instead of copying the files I deleted them.

What can I do? I had got to the top of Mt Loi. Can you send me a save ( with instructions on what to do with it ) or do I have to start again.

Thanks for your help
pretzl
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers