Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Legionwood 2

Legionwood 2

Postby Indinera » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:39 pm

LEGIONWOOD 2

$5.99 only!!!

Image Image

This is a brand new game by a brand new developer, Dark Gaia Studios. The 1st Legionwood is a freeware game that is generally regarded as a great RPG (feel free to google it if you are interested).

SUMMARY:

Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm is a fantasy Role Playing Game (RPG) in the style of classics like Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest and the long awaited sequel to Legionwood: Tale of the Two Swords.

Playing as an elite imperial soldier trying to protect their homeland, you'll get to explore a massive, fully detailed medieval empire filled with daring adventures, outlandish treasures and dramatic conflicts. Along the way, you'll have to contend with the likes of political corruption, zombie hordes, the onset of war and a game world that changes depending on your choices and actions. Will you be the one who saves Legionwood, or will you be the one who dooms it to an age of darkness?

FEATURES:

15+ hours of classic RPG gameplay.
Dozens of minigames and sidequests to discover.
Hundreds of different character configurations.
Over 80 intelligent and dangerous foes.
Non-linear game that makes your choices count.
Six possible endings.

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Legionwood 2

Postby D-Squall » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:26 pm

I didn't knew that Dark Gaia were going commercial. Good for them. :)

I only played their Onenight series which were amazing, even if I finished only one of them. lol
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby wasdar » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:01 pm

Is anyone trying this game? Would love to keep playing but it seems to have a bug or two or three! Once you have saved a few times, if you ever win a fight that is, if you leave the game it won't save again. Have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, still refuses to save. I really dislike finally winning a fight that I have fought a half dozen times and not being able to save it!!!!!

Am a 30 year veteran of these type of games and refuse to give up most times but this is ridiculous!!! Some other features do not work either, retreat for instance, which may be what is supposed to happen at the beginning, some fights may have to be that way to advance storyline but, at least let the save work!!

Okay, I have vented...lol...only because I think it will be a great game, but not if I have to continually restart, I will never get anywhere, nor will I ever buy it. So anyone out there playing this?
wasdar
Peasant

Postby Monipsych » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:22 pm

I can save and do after each fight, it's a crap shoot if you win. My problem is I get a game ending error after the 1st boss fight. Obviously won't but it as is.
Monipsych
Wanderer

Postby AuntIggy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:08 pm

I'm a tad bit upset. I bought this game using PayPal last night and the transaction went through to BMT and I still haven't heard from them. I'd like to have the game but I will cancel the transaction tonight if I don't hear from someone. I have all transaction info.
Hmmmm after reading the few posts it looks as if the developers aren't concerned. No replies. :(
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby SueDee70 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:45 pm

For the price I guess it's ok. No bugs but no rest areas. Not many chests, and no money.
I have the original Nintendo games. Over 20 plus years ago, they had better controls. Just my
opinion of course. I haven't played to where it errors yet. :)
SueDee70
Wanderer

Postby feyone2 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Keep getting the same script error as @monipsych. Very annoying! Trial version, haven't bought it yet & probably wont if there's no help forthcoming.
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Dark Gaia » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:37 am

Hi everyone. First of all, I'd like to apologise for not dropping in to respond to your queries sooner. I live in Australia, so generally I'm in bed when all you guys are posting! Secondly, I'd like to thank you guys for playing Legionwood 2 and giving a new developer a chance.

Now to get to your questions...

@wasdar: The saving issue was discovered to be related to a conflict with Windows Vista/7's User Account Control. Basically, if the game is installed in the Program Files (which was the default location on the original version of the installer -- this was changed and updated yesterday as soon as I found out) the game will not be able to save. If you install it to a different directory, such as C:/Games, it should work. My testers and I played through the entire game at least six times before release to check all the endings, and the saving was working correctly. If you like, you can also download the trial again (or the full version if you bought it) and the installer will have this set as the default. This version also has easier fights, as several people requested that I tone the opening difficulty down a little.

@Monipsych: Is there any chance you can tell me what the exact wording of this error is? This would help me to discover and fix what is going wrong. I did not encounter this during testing, and many players have reported being able to get further than the first boss fight. Are you playing the trial, or the full game? I'm thinking this error may have been introduced in the process of packing the game for the installer, as all was working fine during the testing phase. I have also addressed some people's concerns about the first fights being too hard (this game was based on the original Final Fantasy III as well as D&D based games like Baldur's Gate, which are notorious for their tough difficulty and it's basically a crapshoot if you'll win or lose in the early levels), so if you use your download link to re-download the game, you will find it a little easier.

@AuntIggy: If you send me an email at dark_gaia@live.com.au with your BMT order number, I'll see what I can do. I don't have any control over BMT's order system, but I can give you a coupon code to get the game for free :)

@SueDee70: It seems as if you are still in the tutorial area (the battle in Corinthe). There are no rest areas, chests or shops in this area, as it's just the opening of the game. This is much like how in Final Fantasy VI, one doesn't get to open chests until after the siege of Narshe. Once you defeat the first boss, you'll find all the familiar RPG features waiting for you :)

@feyone2: Would it be possible for you to post a screencap of the error or just tell me what it says? I can't seem to reproduce this error at all...

I'll spend today taking a look at the game and seeing what I can do. As far as I know, the saving issue is already solved, but there may be some issues with the installer I'm not aware of. Hopefully a new version of both the full game and demo will be available within 24 hours.

Thanks for your patience, guys! It's really appreciated!

P.S I thought I'd leave a note on the game's difficulty. The difficulty was an intentional design choice. The game is designed so that you need to fine tune your builds and strategies to succeed. It's kind of like a cross between the earlier Final Fantasies and a Dungeons & Dragons based RPG (those games are notorious for their difficulty in the earlier levels, where an unlucky dice roll can mess up your day). The original Legionwood was quite a challenge and it was all about finding the perfect character build, and that's what people loved about it. That said, I agree that perhaps the early stages are too difficult. I've since updated the game so that the earlier portions are a little easier.
Want the latest news on Legionwood and my other projects?
Head over [url]to http://legionwood.wordpress.com[/url] and keep in touch!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Gajo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:14 am

I have downloaded the trial game for Legionwood2 and I keep getting a script error after the 1st major battle, that stops the game from progressing and ends the game. The error reads : script game crash protector error 87 name error occurred initialized constant Audio:: UTFSEXT. What do I do? I don't want to pay for the game and then not be able to play it. I downloaded the trail game twice now with the same error occurring. I actually win the battle and meet the town people downstairs and when the girlfriend starts to come near Alex, the error occurs and stops the game. It just goes blank and the error message appears. Then I can reload the game but it keeps occurring in the same place.
Thanks,
Gail
Gajo
Peasant

Postby Dark Gaia » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:16 am

Hi Gajo. I have discovered that this error is occuring because one of the files in the trial became corrupted in the process of making the installer. I am currently uploading a new version of the demo which should work just fine. If you try re-downloading in an hour or two it should be fixed.

This error is confirmed not to be present in the full version.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Gajo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:56 am

Thank you. I will try that.
Gail
Gajo
Peasant

Postby Dark Gaia » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:26 am

Great! It's uploading as I type this. Should be done within the next couple of hours.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Gajo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Hi Dark Gaia,

I was able to download the trial Legionwood 2 game again and it worked fine this time. Now I am at the point where I was over the trial period and I downloaded the full game after paying for it. It has downloaded fine, but it didn't save my progress so unless you know how I can retrieve that data, I will have to start over. Is there anything I can do to get my quests back?
Thanks for any help you can give me,
Gail
Gajo
Peasant

Postby Dark Gaia » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:18 am

Hi again!

I have sent an email in response to your query on my website, which will show you how to transfer saves between the two versions.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby johnboy412000 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:15 pm

What sort of game is this when you get killed more or less straight away and theres nowhere to buy potions etc ? i aint gunna be so daft as to buy the full version if im gunna get wiped out in the very early stages.How can you justify a game where the player gets killed straight away ? I like a proper trial of a game if im to buy or not having no where to rest or buy potions or chests is not my idea of an RPG.Maybe if you change this then i might be interested.
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Next

Return to Games from other Developers