Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Legionwood 2

Re: New RPG: Legionwood 2

Postby Dark Gaia » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:31 am

Hi there, johnboy412000! Thanks for playing the trial.

As I've stated before, this design of this game is based on the old Nintendo RPGs of the early 90s. These games were somewhat less forgiving than RPGs are today. It is not uncommon in a classic Final Fantasy game (FF3 being the prime example) to die in the intro due to bad luck or bad strategy -- and of course you can't buy potions in an intro area. Final Fantasy VI didn't let you shop during the intro dungeon. Nor did Final Fantasy VII, for example.

The difficulty of this game is not for everyone, but it is designed so that you have to make full use of the abilities available to you to make it through the battles. You should be making full use of Lionel's First Aid skill -- this can heal your HP right back up to full. You have Salves and Peptides in your inventory which can also restore your HP and SP. Make use of Lionel's Double Strike skill to deal extra damage, and Felix's Toxic Curse skill to weaken the enemies. You can also have Felix use Speed Up so he gets extra turns, which allow him to deal more damage.

Use the Turn Guage in the top left corner of the screen to see when the enemy's turn is coming up, and prepare for it. If your HP is low, use the turns right before the enemy's attack to heal up and Block to reduce the incoming damage. Getting through the intro area without losing a character is quite possible as long as you're actually thinking about your actions during the fights.

After you complete the intro area (which really shouldn't be more than the first 20 minutes of the game), you'll get to go to the world map, visit towns, buy stuff etc. It's basically just like an old-school RPG in that regard. There's a linear intro area to establish the story and familiarise you with the game mechanics, and then you get into the game proper.

Happy adventuring!
Want the latest news on Legionwood and my other projects?
Head over [url]to http://legionwood.wordpress.com[/url] and keep in touch!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby johnboy412000 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:52 am

Yes i discovered Lionel had the First aid Skill and thus was able to proceed a bit further in the game.Found a town that sells goods etc.My next question though is can the game be carried on in the Full version from where you left off in the Demo version or do we have to start all over with the full version ? Its a bit daunting playing without a walkthrough for back up i found that one out with Elements of soul and fire.I gave up on that one cos i got stuck and the help wasnt all that helpful.Before i commit to this one even though its only just under £5 id still like to know that there would be help in case of getting stuck. +::Thumbup
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby johnboy412000 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:56 am

Oh i remember the Nintendo games as you say quite unforgiving lol.It was do or die there were no shops to buy stuff you started out with a few lives and you played hard ball to try and stay alive or face starting again +::O_o
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby johnboy412000 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Have bought it and had to restart the game as new but thankfully i hadnt got too far so didnt matter. +::Thumbup
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby Dark Gaia » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:47 am

Hi again john.

I guess I'm a little too late now, but there is actually a way to continue your game from the trial in the full version. I posted some instructions on my website, but I should leave them here as well, just in case anyone needs them.

There also isn't any walkthrough out there that I know of, but I check these forums quite regularly along with my email inbox and am happy to provide answers as needed.

I've received a few emails from people who have completed the Trial Edition of Legionwood 2 and then moved onto the full version, but don't know how to transfer their save files between the two.

Unlike many other commercial RPG Maker games, which consist of one executable which you unlock with a key, Legionwood 2 actually has two separate installations for the trial and full versions of the game. As such, the saves don't automatically get transfered between them, but you can still continue your saves from the Trial Edition through this very simple process:

1. Navigate to where you installed the Trial Edition (by default this is C/Games/Legionwood 2 - Trial Edition).

2. Copy all of the save files, named Save0x or Quest0x depending on your version of Legionwood 2.

3. Navigate to your full game installation (by default this is C/Games/Legionwood 2 - Rise of the Eternal's Realm).

4. Paste the save files.

Now you should be able to resume your quest from the Trial Edition in the full game!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Dark Gaia » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:43 am

Hello, adventurers! The first ever Legionwood 2 patch is now available. This patch will update the game from version 1.1 to 1.2, and includes the following features:

- Battles during the intro have been made slightly easier.

- Battles during the Hunter's Cave dungeon have been made slightly easier.

- The game engine is now more stable on certain systems.

- A bug in the optional Emperor's Citadel dungeon that prevented the player from progressing has been fixed.

This patch is included by default in all current game downloads and is only required if you bought the game prior to March 9th, 2014. The patch is a very small file (200kb) and will only work if you already have the full version of Legionwood 2 installed. You can download the patch here: http://legionwood2.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/12718189-legionwood-2-patch-1-2-released-?next=.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby johnboy412000 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:42 pm

I thought the battles in the Hunters caves were a little on the Savage side.Hopefully the patch will make em a bit easier. +::clap +::clap
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby johnboy412000 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:19 am

Just beaten the Beomoth type boss in the mines.He was well hard and i had to level my team up to level 9 before he would go down.It was helpful to have my party with mixed Techs and i used the Spider Silk which stuns him.I also kept my team well healed and eventually weakened him.So far im enjoying the game after the shaky start.For the low price its a great value game. +::clap +::clap +::Thumbup
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby johnboy412000 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:25 am

Oh and theres a shop which sells new Techs if you can afford em in the village just before the mines. +::Thumbup +::Thumbup
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby myst23 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:47 pm

OMG! No thanks
myst23
Bard

Postby nicholas » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:37 am

Where do I find the fishing pole for village pond?? Like the game so far. The woods are a trial.
nicholas
Bard

Postby Dark Gaia » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:32 am

Hi! You can't actually fish right at the start of the game. The Fishing Pole is available in the general store of the fourth town in the game (there are many such fishing spots throughout the game) and you can then fish in Corinthe when you return later in the game for a side quest :)
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Katie » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Hi

First I want to say that I have bought everyone of Indy's games because he is one heck of a game maker. Everyone of his games was truly outstanding. I truly enjoyed where he gives the players choices on difficulty level and whether you want visible or invisible monsters. Personally I like the visible ones. He knows how to work the monsters up with your character's level and not get the crap beat out of you on the first fight. Your comment was:

"I have also addressed some people's concerns about the first fights being too hard (this game was based on the original Final Fantasy III as well as D&D based games like Baldur's Gate, which are notorious for their tough difficulty and it's basically a crapshoot if you'll win or lose in the early levels), so if you use your download link to re-download the game, you will find it a little easier."

To me it shouldn't have to be a crap shoot if you win or lose the first levels. Your the game maker and you can tone down those fights. And yes I know the main character has full heal and Double Strike, but both cost SP's and they don't get enough money to keep buying that stuff, and two one Double Strike I believe it was 6 SP's a Heal costs 5 and the Pepicide was only giving you 10 replenish and it costs 30 a bottle. And you were only getting like 22 Kyphers a fight.

I have played FF5 through 12 and loved them. Been playing RPG games for 29 years and I am sorry but this game is definitely a no buy for me.

To me I will be one happy camper to wait for Indy's next game which I know I will truly love like I did with his Undefeated which one truly magnificent game. Thank you.

Katie
Katie
Bard

Postby johnboy412000 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Well thats it ive beaten the game and watched the credits role.What can i say its been a fantastic game and Dark Gia have excelled.The final 3 fights were very very tough and there was no time to heal inbetween each fight.The 3rd monster was beaten and just when i thought it was all over up popped the final fight between (ooops sorry i cant remember her name) and Felix on his own.Tips to help others finish well make sure you have plenty potions and its an advantage to have plenty Peircing fangs and also use Solution to heal with.The Vampire fangs also helped as did Felix's Toxic curse.My characters were

Lionel 25,Felix 25,Orphelia 25 and Khan 24.

Hoping now that there will be another possibly a follow up game to this one.Well worth the low price.Keep up the good work Dark Gia Studios 8):)
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby AuntIggy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:08 am

I'm stuck in the ruins and I have to say my words in the right order for the gate keeper to respond. Anyway I cant get the second stone and I've pulled the three levers next to it an insufferable number of times. What do i need to do or what is the order. Please help! +::surrender
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers