Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Edolie

Re: Edolie

Postby sunfluer » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:06 pm

I don't think you actually get to help the coughing guard. You go into the tunnel to prepare the glazeroot, but then your journey takes you elsewhere by falling in the tunnel.
sunfluer
Mercenary

Postby Bluerose » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Okay, Thank you, will continue on then.
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Wed May 20, 2015 6:13 am

I have bought this game only recently (I prefer to wait a few months to make sure all the bugs and glitches are ironed out, and I don't have to redownload a game again and again), and very much enjoyed playing it.

My favourite version is the one with the dwarf. I seem to get the most out of this one. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed May 20, 2015 2:41 pm

You do?
I personally tried it and found it pretty boring. Tried it again, found it boring still and never finished it. +::Dunno
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Valdy » Thu May 21, 2015 1:06 am

You found the dwarf version boring or the game on the whole? Which of the versions did you like best?
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu May 21, 2015 12:41 pm

Version? I don't know that there are different versions. I got the game shortly after it came out, and there was only one version.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Valdy » Fri May 22, 2015 2:25 am

By your comment I gather that you didn't like the game on the whole. The game has 3 slightly different versions, depending on which story you pick to write a book about. By versions I mean that you will be able to enter certain places and get help from certain people, depending on which story you choose. While you are still in Elderose, you will be asked to write a book, and have to talk to 3 different people, and make up your mind whose story you want to write about.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri May 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Ah, now I know what you meant. I think I picked the dwarf thingy the first time I started playing. Not sure if I chose the same on my second try.
Anyway I never got beyond that ant place. I just never really got into the game.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Valdy » Fri May 22, 2015 2:08 pm

I felt a little like the odd-one-out, because I said that I don't like every RPG, and from what I read, most everyone here loves every one of the games. So it's refreshing to see that someone else doesn't necessarily care for each of the games. Eridani's games are just what I like: easy, managable, with not too many or too difficult fights.
Actually, I was rather disappointed when I played the demo and saw that this game had no "Story" mode like "Leah's Tale" and "Ella's Hope". But the game is easy enough for me on "Easy" mode, so that's OK. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri May 22, 2015 6:01 pm

Oh, I don't like all the games by far. I'm not even trying all of them. For me it's mostly Aldorlea games that I like.
Leah's Tale was very cute though, I really liked that one.
But in Edolie the side quests were so boring, just a lot of running back and forth, which was quite tiring. At least until the point that I played to.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Valdy » Sat May 23, 2015 6:07 am

What I have noticed is that everybody seems to want Willow and Rhys to get married. I don't think they are suited at all. He is this calm, reflecting kind of person, who is a tad of a bore, IMO, whereas Willow is quite the opposite. Nope... I won't have them marry.

What I did find quite annoying was the music. It was boring and very repetitive. I also have to admit that, after having played the game a couple of times, it does seem a little on the boring side. I guess I am getting used to the games with more action in them. LOL
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat May 23, 2015 11:57 am

Vald wrote:What I have noticed is that everybody seems to want Willow and Rhys to get married. I don't think they are suited at all. He is this calm, reflecting kind of person, who is a tad of a bore, IMO, whereas Willow is quite the opposite. Nope... I won't have them marry.

Tbh, I don't see why in all the games there has to be a romatic side anyway. There doesn't have to be love and marriage just everywhere. It's something that I also find a little disturbing in Aldorlea games. Like Asguaard. Glen and Rayanne became great friends, which was perfect for the game. Glen revealing that he was in love with Rayanne at the end kinda destroyed the atmosphere a litte.
I just think, not every story has to include a budding love.

Vald wrote:I guess I am getting used to the games with more action in them. LOL

Wait, you'll end up playing LF again and loving it! +::lol
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Valdy » Sat May 23, 2015 1:04 pm

LOL I don't think I will ever want to play LF, but I am getting more used to the "harder" games. I finished M1, and bought M2. When I imported M1, I noticed that all my orbs, which I hadn't exchanged for power-ups, had been lost in the transfer, which was a bummer. I played M2 for a little while (until I was killed by the huge main spider), and decided to restart M1, because I missed a lot of quests and other things the first time round. Now I know what to expect and what to look for, so it will be more fun.
But honestly, if "Story" mode, which I play, is supposed to be the easiest mode, I don't know how anyone can play the game in the harder modes. I was already struggling in M2 with all those huge spiders, and that was in Story mode as well.

And I so agree about not needing a love story - I find it distracts from the game's story In "Ella's Hope", Ella also has a love interest, but towards the end, she can choose to tell the guy she isn't interested, which will result in a different ending for the 2 characters. And in the later Aveyond games the aim is for Mel and whatshisname, the prince (I always keep forgetting their names) to get married.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby LisaRaeX » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Is the strategy guide still available? Is it worth the money? ($11.37 today) Are the "troll trees" in it?
Based on the Leah's Tale strategy guide, I don't trust this developer to actually have provided a complete (i.e. DETAILED) walkthrough. Especially now that they are no longer in business.
LisaRaeX
Wanderer

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:41 pm

Has this game been fixed now so it may be purchased? This is another awesome game but I heard there was a bug making it not purchaseable several months ago from BMT Micro.
ZuluKat
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers