Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Sons of Arcadia

Re: Sons of Arcadia

Postby bethine » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:17 pm

I agree totally. I gave up about a month ago and then I came back for a look at the forum. It appears nothing has changed. Still no maps, good hints or a walkthrough. I am sticking to Aldorlea games from now on. They know what they are doing. Challenging is OK, but without any helpful guides, this game should be on the do-not-buy list.
bethine
Peasant

Postby feyone2 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi Bethine, I found the developer Jillidin very helpful. I had technical issues with the game and she was really good in trying to fix it all for me which finally happened when I was nearly to the end. She was also very helpful with hints and best actions to overcome bosses etc. I just sent her a Personal Message with specific questions and always got a prompt reply.
Hope that's helpful info for you +:::|
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby dgford » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:40 pm

I'm absolutely loving this game - but I am having a problem finding Chaz. I know he's supposed to be in the Underground tunnel, but I can't find him anywhere! Is he the thief that I scared out of his cave before I got to Cilla? If he is, does that mean that I now have lost the chance to find him? I sure hope not! Thanks!

edit: Omg. Just found him. Good grief! I'd forgotten about that little scene from earlier. LOL!
dgford
Mercenary

Postby Jillidin » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:28 am

I am stuck in the candle room, Please pm me or post a spoiler with the code. I really need a detailed walk through with detailed maps and hope if there is a sequel there will be one available. Love the game but I really need a detailed walk through with detailed maps to help when I get stuck. It becomes unfun and very frustrating. If there isn't one for games it makes me think twice before purchasing.
Thank you so much

See page 8 of the forum. The order of candles = the number of colored bottles in each room. Here it is.
it's red, green, blue, purple, yellow, pink. So the order is 3-1-4-6-5-2 from the left.
Jillidin
Bard

Postby Jillidin » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:34 am

I'm absolutely loving this game - but I am having a problem finding Chaz. I know he's supposed to be in the Underground tunnel, but I can't find him anywhere! Is he the thief that I scared out of his cave before I got to Cilla? If he is, does that mean that I now have lost the chance to find him? I sure hope not! Thanks!

edit: Omg. Just found him. Good grief! I'd forgotten about that little scene from earlier. LOL!

Good job. There are two different rewards depending on your choices.
Jillidin
Bard

Postby Jillidin » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:37 am

I agree totally. I gave up about a month ago and then I came back for a look at the forum. It appears nothing has changed. Still no maps, good hints or a walkthrough. I am sticking to Aldorlea games from now on. They know what they are doing. Challenging is OK, but without any helpful guides, this game should be on the do-not-buy list.

Did you try the maps on halfdonut.com site? Did they not help?
Here's the address. They were posted in the forum.
http://www.halfdonut.com/#!social-forum/c23am
Jillidin
Bard

Postby dgford » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:53 pm

Great game! I just finished, and I sure hope there will be a sequel, since I think that the ending really leaves the possibility of a sequel open. I got 11 shards, so somehow I missed one, although I thought I was very thorough (apparently not enough!). The attention to detail in this game was evident. Great job! +::YAY
dgford
Mercenary

Postby pafpearl » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Could someone help me find the save files for the demo? When I downloaded the full version there are no save files. I dont want to start this game from scratch.

There is a post on this forum with a way to find the save files, when I try that I get 5 uninstalls only, no save files. I tried what it says to use from Half Donut's forum to find the files (which is different than what it says on this forum) and still cant find them. I have downloaded so many games after demos and never had an issue. I really liked the game so far but really don't want to start over.
pafpearl
Bard

Postby Jillidin » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:33 pm

The path name/Appdata/Roaming/Sonsofarcadia/save files was according to window 7.
Do you have a new window 8 computer? The format is a little different from window 7. It's under PC/users/default(instead of your name). Or you can search for the folders under "this PC" folder. It's much easier that way.
Make sure the folder is not hidden. Mine came hidden. It took me a while to look for the folder. It seems a lot more difficult to find anything using window 8.
Jillidin
Bard

Postby pafpearl » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:58 pm

I have Windows 7.I do appreciate the quick response but none of your suggestions have been helpful. I have ordered dozens of these types of games and the save files were always automatically imported from the demo.
pafpearl
Bard

Postby Jillidin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:18 am

In case you didn't get my message, I should post it here again:

Window 7 is more straightforward.

To look for saved files in window 7: Go to...

Desktop ->your name (in this case your computer name is probably Pattie, you should see a folder on the desktop with your name or your first initial) -> inside the folder you should be able to fine a subfolder called "AppData", click on it -> There should at least be three files, such as "Local", "LocalLow", and "Roaming". Click on "Roaming" -> then you should see a lot of folders inside "Roaming". Look for "SonsOfArcadia" and "SonsOfArcadia Demo". Inside "SonsOfArcadia Demo" folder would be your existing saved files (save01.rvdata2, save02.rvdata2, ....).

Then copy the saved files you want and paste them to "SonsOfArcadia" folder (Not the DEMO. This should be for the full game).

You should not need to search in the Window 7 system. If you click on the window icon (the 4 color leaves at the bottom left corner), then click on "computer". It'll open up a page that is divided into left and right section. On the left side would be a list of folders you can chose. You should be able to find the folder with your name under "Desktop" easily there. Click on the plus sign in front of it can open subfolders.

PS.
There are two different folders for Sons of Arcadia because the DEMO version is the truncated file. So they are installed as two different files. One hour trials use the same game file, and lock it up when time is up. In this case, it is the same file for both full game and the trial. This is the difference between DEMO and "1 hour trials".
The advantage of DEMOs is that they have no time limit. You don't have to keep your eyes on the clock when it gets close to 1 hour and keep saving in case the game stops in the middle of your task. You can get up and take a break whenever you like and your won't lose your trial time. You can also replay the first part again and again or try different modes to play the game without worrying about the time limit. It should be infinitely better than 1 hour trials because players can take their time exploring the first part of the game and really get to know it.
Hope this helps.
Jillidin
Bard

Postby johnboy412000 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:35 am

Am enjoying the 2nd version Song of the Eagle its brilliant and much easier than this version. Well worth the £20 for game and guide. Keep up the good work Jillidin and co +::YAY +::YAY +::clap

I only played a small part of the demo before deciding to buy the game that way id not loose too much progress.
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby northal » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:26 pm

I started Cilla over to see if I can get Gordon. I ask him for a ride but he says cant help. How do I get a package for him? I previously did capt john quests but I hear Gordon route is better. I looked everywhere and talked to everyone
northal
Peasant

Postby Jillidin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:10 am

Get it from Hugh in Crescent Valley. Hugh is Martha's husband. The one with a lot of kids.
If you already asked Johnny for a ride, you'll lose the chance to ask Gordon.
Jillidin
Bard

Postby northal » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:12 pm

Thanks for your help! +::YAY
northal
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers