Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Sons of Arcadia

Re: New RPG: Sons of Arcadia

Postby Jillidin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:47 pm

Sure you can.
You just won't be able to ask him for a ride. No lost there.
Jillidin
Bard

Postby johnboy412000 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:09 pm

. If you walk through the east gate, you’ll enter the world
map. If you don’t see anyone to the north, that’s probably because you don’t have at least 8000
gold. If you do, you’ll be able to purchase a dagger, Cobra, fed with poison.
Next time you enter the world map, if you have more than 6000 gold, he will sell you bombs,
then he is gone forever. If you don’t have enough, you can go into the forest and beat up some

No sign of this guy and yes i have more than 8000 ???

I think theres a glitch ?
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby johnboy412000 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:11 pm

Jillidin wrote:Sure you can.
You just won't be able to ask him for a ride. No lost there.

Not to worry am on Darnel now.About to go get lost in that forest now lets see if i can remember everything including the chest puzzle lol
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby johnboy412000 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:16 pm

Come to think of it a similar thing happened at Cilla docks the guy that sold salmon didnt disapear like the walkthrough said he would do.Another glitch

• After you get Emma’s first dagger, AND if you still have sufficient gold (6000), there will
be a shady figure at the dock that will sell retaliator, a nice dagger that causes acid burn.
He will disappear every time after he sells you stuff. Exit the map and come back again.
He has chemical bombs if you have more than 2000 gold. After that he will be gone. You
won’t see him again. So save up as much gold as you can before you approach him.
They are all one time sal
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby Jillidin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:47 pm

johnboy412000 wrote:. If you walk through the east gate, you’ll enter the world
map. If you don’t see anyone to the north, that’s probably because you don’t have at least 8000
Next time you enter the world map, if you have more than 6000 gold, he will sell you bombs,
then he is gone forever. If you don’t have enough, you can go into the forest and beat up some

You didn't have Emma's dagger. Because you didn't do the Captain's quest.
Jillidin
Bard

Postby passerine » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:58 pm

Jillidin wrote:Go back down the rope. Then go down the hole to the right.

Thank-you.

As much as I really enjoy this game & the many challenges. I find the journeys to the cities take a bit too much time. By the time I'm getting close I really do not want to fight yet another monster, am very happy to finally be there. It may be because I end up going in circles or back tracking. You need a lot of healing supplies or at least i do. If a person actually had a wee clue where they were trying to get to it may be shorter than I end up doing. I am by no means dissing the game as I like it a lot. Just my humble opinion.
passerine
Wanderer

Postby johnboy412000 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:03 pm

Jillidin wrote:
johnboy412000 wrote:. If you walk through the east gate, you’ll enter the world

You didn't have Emma's dagger. Because you didn't do the Captain's quest.

Ah right thanks for clearing that one up then.Oh well no going back now.Am parked up in the forest for the night having defeated the Beomoth in the cave.Not in any rush this time taking my time lol +::biggrin
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby johnboy412000 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:06 pm

passerine wrote:

Thank-you.

As much as I really enjoy this game & the many challenges. I find the journeys to the cities take a bit too much time. By the time I'm getting close I really do not want to fight yet another monster, am very happy to finally be there. It may be because I end up going in circles or back tracking. You need a lot of healing supplies or at least i do. If a person actually had a wee clue where they were trying to get to it may be shorter than I end up doing. I am by no means dissing the game as I like it a lot. Just my humble opinion.

Yeah it could have done with some kinda way pointers to show the way to go but i guess the fun part or frustrating part is the wondering whats around the next corner +::biggrin +::biggrin
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby Jillidin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:32 pm

passerine wrote:

Thank-you.

Thanks for sharing. I believe that every bit of your thoughts will help me design the games in the future. This is exactly what I wish to hear. I guess I went a bit overboard with some dungeons. The underground escape route is actually one of my favorite designs, because it is not at all linear (therefore easy to get lost, but less boring) on each level, it is also a vertical dungeon, also not linear vertically (even more likely to get lost). You have to constantly keep that 3D structure in mind to avoid getting lost. I much would like to use it again. I guess the place I put it is not ideal, because it is too close to sunset forest. another big dungeon. I should have separated these two a bit further apart from each other, with smaller dungeons and towns in between. That's a lesson learned there.
Jillidin
Bard

Postby passerine » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:18 am

Yea further apart, maybe the odd little arrow. ;)

The walkthrough said you get 4 recipes at restaurants. Cilla won't give me recipes?
passerine
Wanderer

Postby johnboy412000 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:15 am

passerine wrote:Yea further apart, maybe the odd little arrow. ;)

The walkthrough said you get 4 recipes at restaurants. Cilla won't give me recipes?

I never bothered with the recipes etc or indeed the black smiths.Didnt really understand em so played without them.
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby briony » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:17 pm

johnboy412000 wrote:
passerine wrote:Yea further apart, maybe the odd little arrow. ;)

I never bothered with the recipes etc or indeed the black smiths.Didnt really understand em so played without them.

Found some of the restaurants do not give 4 recipes -some only give 2 but you might have to ask them twice- blacksmith - found that you did not need that equipment - could just buy it or find it
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby pretzl » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:49 pm

I played the demo for a few hours. I knew I wanted to buy the game so I bought it before the end of the demo.

The full downloaded game does not have my saved progress. Do I have to start the whole game again??????

or is there a way to recover my progress please.
Can't face starting over.
pretzl
Bard

Postby Jillidin » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:52 pm

Your saved files are under
YOUR NAME/AppData/Roaming
You'll find both folders in there. Just copy your file from the DEMO folder to the full version. That's it.
Jillidin
Bard

Postby Jillidin » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:14 pm

What's this? You guys tax lawyers? Looking for loop holes now? John? +::O_o

You can buy weapons in all weapon shops. Weapons and equipment get really expensive later in the game. Since we expected a lot of people not used to this battle system and may spend a lot of gold on healing items, we decided to give fair amount of gold gain after battles. You should be able to buy weapons if you cut back on other spending. But you might have to be careful spending your gold on weapons if you play the hard mode, since you may need healing items more often. You'll need better protection as well because monsters will be tougher.

As for the recipes, each time you eat at a restaurant, you get 50% chance to learn a new recipe. But once I had to try 3 times to get it. I guess that's the definition of 50% to the program. +::biggrin
I'll double check and see if there's an error anyways.
Jillidin
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers