Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Atonement: Scourge of Time

Re: New RPG: Atonement

Postby feyone2 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:13 am

Hi Matseb,
Thanks for the assistance, I defeated both the Boss in the volcano and the Bone Gollem with Elleria. I'm now in Serafin City facing (actually been defeated by Asasard) but I haven't fought Lomgorth yet and was wondering if I have things the wrong way around? I can go back if need be. With Nail I'm up to fighting Rick the despot. Any advice will be welcomed.
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Re: New RPG: Atonement

Postby Matseb » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi again Feyone2.

Lomgorth is an optional superboss for Elleria's team. You get some nice rewards by defeating him, but he is a pretty hard boss. Adesard is the main story boss. When you beat him, you'll complete the game as Elleria. :)

Some strategies on Adesard fight:
- He's got a fairly strong weakness to Spirit and a small weakness to Darkness.
- He is resistant to many states, but Mental Blank works on him (from Elleria's Disrupt skill). I'd recommend to use this because it will reduce his magic power a bit and make his spells less damaging.
- After every 5 turns, you get a choice to seal some of his skills with Sonokhs. Generally his Past skills are crippling ones that debuff your Atk, inflict Condemn, and drain energy. His Future skills are more damaging ones, like Propeller Strike, group Def debuff, and a darkness spell. In order for Sonokhs to keep dealing damage, you have to alternate between the two. However, you can take a safe path and just keep one group of skills sealed the whole battle (future ones are probably more dangerous).
- He summons Acaldia's and Elleria's essences once his health drops to certain points, so whenever he summons one, I'd suggest to deal with that first before dealing any more damage to him, because if you have all 3 of them fighting you at once, it can get overwhelming.
- Elleria's essence is especially nasty because of her drain attack. Inflicting any states on her is bad too, because she'll just transfer them to good Elleria. However, she is vulnerable to stat debuffs, so these are good to use. She too has a weakness to spirit and darkness.
- Angelic Amulets are very useful to have equipped on your party. I usually have Gashrun wear one, and the other one I give either to Kizu or Elleria. Gashrun has some very useful high end skills.
- Closer to the end of the fight, I'd suggest to keep Gashrun's (and everyone's really) energy high, so that when Adesard revives both Elleria's and Acaldia's essences, you can use your powerful skills to quickly take them out (I'd recommend going for Elleria first or else she'll heal herself by draining health from your team). Or you can concentrate all your efforts on Adesard at this stage because he'll have less than 25% HP left, and if he gets KOed, the others go with him.

Hopefully this helps with that fight.

Rick the Despot is an optional superboss for Nail's team and is one of the hardest bosses in the game.

- The main thing in this fight is to not let him buff too much. He'll keep getting random buffs at the end of each turn. You might not be able to prevent him from using them all, so main priority should be the Atk buff. Never ever let him get that up, because if he does the group attack when his Atk is buffed, he'll deal a lot of damage to the whole team. If you've gotten Nail's best weapon (from the 3 tormented souls encounter), then I'd highly suggest to use his Disarmament skill as often as you can. The rest of the time I'd suggest for Nail to use Leg Slash to debuff Rick's Agi, because you don't want him to go before your healer.
- I usually have Angelic Amulets on Nail and Anrid. Nail, because he is the highest damage dealer and because you'd want to use Disarmament as often as possible, and Anrid, because she is the healer. I'd suggest using Rally Allies or to save the energy for Healing Wave in case of emergencies.
- With Kanden, Nullifying Strike can be good if you want to remove all the buffs Rick currently has. Alternatively Cripple is a very good skill because Rick can be affected by Weakened state which will reduce his Atk and Def.
- And Meya can be an offensive caster here with Spirit Slice or even Orb of Darkness (Rick is weak to both of those elements).
- Rick only has 1 magic attack. It's the darkness spell that deals 3 hits. So you don't need protection from any other elements. Wearing Darkness cloaks is a good idea. This spell only ever targets one person at a time though, so even if your team is unprotected, the worst it can do is K.O one person.
- Lastly, you can always try to gain a level. He can be defeated at lvl 17, though getting any higher will always give you a small advantage.

Hope this helps. :)
Matseb
Peasant

Re: Atonement: Scourge of Time

Postby Matseb » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi guys. Just a bit of a bug issue and solution in case anyone has run into this.

I've had a player mention a problem with saving the game (probably a Win8 issue) when it's installed in Program Files folder. The game has a script included that puts save files in the AppData/Roaming folder on the computer, but seems it can still give issues on some computers. If you're experiencing this problem, try moving the game folder from Program Files to another location, like My Documents or My Games. It should sort things out. Cheers. :)
Matseb
Peasant

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers