Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

DarkEnd

Re: New RPG: DarkEnd

Postby feyone2 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:10 am

I inadvertently purchased a steam version and I also supposedly got the stand alone version too but can't seem to activate either version. It doesn't give you a option of putting in the key. Help please and if not can I get my money back?
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kodots » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:28 am

sunfluer wrote:If we purchased the steam version, is there a way to get the non steam version without purchasing another copy?

Please forward the proof of purchase to kodotsgames@gmail.com and I will provide you a non steam key.

feyone2 wrote:I inadvertently purchased a steam version and I also supposedly got the stand alone version too but can't seem to activate either version. It doesn't give you a option of putting in the key. Help please and if not can I get my money back?

I think you are using the old demo. Please uninstall that and re-download a new demo (old Demo is 262MB and New one is 309MB). There will be option to putting in the Key in the new demo. Really sorry for all those inconvenience.

I hope this helps.
Upcoming Projects
DarkEnd : The Vault of Avalon (Expansion):
http://www.indiedb.com/games/darkend
Vision Spire Infini (upcoming game):
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/7648-vision-spire-infini-updated-demo-available/
Kodots
Wanderer

Postby sunfluer » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:36 pm

I have sent you an email with proof of purchase kodots. Thank you very much!
sunfluer
Mercenary

Postby Kodots » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:53 pm

sunfluer wrote:I have sent you an email with proof of purchase kodots. Thank you very much!

Send you the key!

You will need to redowload the new demo again from the "Download" (309MB).
Please enjoy the game :)
Upcoming Projects
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/7648-vision-spire-infini-updated-demo-available/
Kodots
Wanderer

Postby sunfluer » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:33 pm

I am in the Burning Caverns trying to destroy the crystal, but I am having trouble defeating the boss. He keeps wiping me out with his "Hyper Charged" Fire Breath. I have tried to silence him and poision him, but they don't seem to work. I am on the easiest level of challenge too, so I would appreciate some help.

Thanks for sending me the key, it worked!
sunfluer
Mercenary

Postby sunfluer » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:39 pm

I am finding this game to be quite frustrating. I started a new game because I couldn't get past a boss, so I thought I would start another game until I can get some help with that. I am trying the "bold" mode on this one, but I can't make any progress. It seems too hard even in the first few battles, and I am also frustrated that you can only save in the "frontier". I have lost any progress I can make several times which makes me not want to play at all. I don't mind the need to do some grinding for levels, but if I constantly lose the progress I do make I won't get anywhere. I don't know if it is possible to make it so I can save whenever, but it would be a nice benefit to this type of game especially. I am also confused as to how hard the battles are on first 2 modes...I can't imagine what the "nightmarish" mode is like.
sunfluer
Mercenary

Postby Kodots » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:51 am

Sorry for a late respond.

The Boss at the Burning Caverns requires special tactic to beat.
I will put the way in this spoiler tag.

Spoiler: show
You can block off its elemental attack completely. Buy correct equipments from merchant and equip it before the boss use the super breath.

sunfluer wrote:I am finding this game to be quite frustrating. I started a new game because I couldn't get past a boss, so I thought I would start another game until I can get some help with that. I am trying the "bold" mode on this one, but I can't make any progress. It seems too hard even in the first few battles, and I am also frustrated that you can only save in the "frontier". I have lost any progress I can make several times which makes me not want to play at all. I don't mind the need to do some grinding for levels, but if I constantly lose the progress I do make I won't get anywhere. I don't know if it is possible to make it so I can save whenever, but it would be a nice benefit to this type of game especially. I am also confused as to how hard the battles are on first 2 modes...I can't imagine what the "nightmarish" mode is like.

It's true. The gameplay flow can be very hard and unforgiving, especially for the new players. It was inspired by olden days dungeon crawler RPGs, designed for trials and error. The base-town only savepoint is one of the traditions in Dungeon Crawler genre too. Please, have patience on the game and the result will be rewarding. Particularly, after beating some hard bosses :)

Here are the general tips, I hope it might help.
-Prepare well before you dive the dungeon, potions, antidote, Warp Mirror(*MUST) and accessories that would help in the dungeon.
-Get appropriate skills from Corridors of Origin. Use "Reset Ruby" when it's needed. Characters like Xia could benefit a lot from resetting the skills and tune up for oncoming dungeon.
-Do not overlook the passive skills. They cost no MP and will make your character a power-house.
-Optional Bosses and Rare enemies can spell doom for unprepared party. Watch out.
-When you are in trouble, use Warp Mirror. It's crucial. Be prepared and come back again, armed with previous experience is very helpful.
-Some enemies has innate magic reflection%. It's not a good idea to nuke the battlefield with All-Target spells.

The nightmare mode is for new game plus only. You are at the Burning Caverns that's almost halfway through the game!

Oh and who are your starting pairs btw? :)
Upcoming Projects
Kodots
Wanderer

Postby sunfluer » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:23 pm

Thanks for the tips. It makes a lot more sense knowing this is a specific type of RPG and that the tactics I use in battling make all the difference. Most games I have played the tactics aren't really that important, but with this game it is dire to understand the tactics or else you will die. +::surrender
I was playing with Xia and Lucion when I was in burning caves and got stuck with the dragon. I tried a few new games on Bold with Griselda and Svas and then Griselda and Lucion, but I couldn't get anywhere with those combinations. Now I am playing with Griselda and Xia on bold and it is going pretty well. I am just getting back to the Burning Caverns with my current party, so we will see how it goes. Thanks again for the tips and detailed information about why things in the game are the way they are.

I was curious how many floors are in each spot. Is this something that varies or are there a certain number of floors that you will go through in each location before getting to the dark crystal where you defeat a boss to move onto the next level?
sunfluer
Mercenary

Postby briony » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:17 am

Itried this game as a demo from rpg makers when it was first being made and had no trouble downloading it then but now my antivirus says that it is corrupted ( same antivirus)and will not let the game proceed- is there a fault in the game?
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby johnboy412000 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:11 am

Its a nice game and all that but im put off buying it because it lacks save points.Its not right having to spend ages in a dungeon and only be able to save when you get out of that Dungeon.What if theres a blip in the power and the computer goes off or what if we loose a fight all progress would be lost and youd have to start from the last save point.I like to be able to save my progress as often as possible.This game needs more save points closer together or the feature that allows us to save frequently especially before a battle. :(
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby briony » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:27 am

It reminds me a lot like the game Madame Extravaganza-with the dungeons that keep changing and quests
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Kodots » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:14 am

sunfluer wrote:Thanks for the tips. It makes a lot more sense knowing this is a specific type of RPG and that the tactics I use in battling make all the difference. Most games I have played the tactics aren't really that important, but with this game it is dire to understand the tactics or else you will die. +::surrender
I was playing with Xia and Lucion when I was in burning caves and got stuck with the dragon. I tried a few new games on Bold with Griselda and Svas and then Griselda and Lucion, but I couldn't get anywhere with those combinations. Now I am playing with Griselda and Xia on bold and it is going pretty well. I am just getting back to the Burning Caverns with my current party, so we will see how it goes. Thanks again for the tips and detailed information about why things in the game are the way they are.

I was curious how many floors are in each spot. Is this something that varies or are there a certain number of floors that you will go through in each location before getting to the dark crystal where you defeat a boss to move onto the next level?

To answer your question :)
Spoiler: show
There are total 50 Floors and 7 main areas. Each area has one or two sub-dungeons with their own set of floors and special bosses. So if you are around Burning Caverns, you are halfway through the game :D

briony wrote:Itried this game as a demo from rpg makers when it was first being made and had no trouble downloading it then but now my antivirus says that it is corrupted ( same antivirus)and will not let the game proceed- is there a fault in the game?

The antivirus usually flagged the DRM wrapped exe files as virus. It's a false-positive. The game is safe. +::Thumbup

johnboy412000 wrote:Its a nice game and all that but im put off buying it because it lacks save points.Its not right having to spend ages in a dungeon and only be able to save when you get out of that Dungeon.What if theres a blip in the power and the computer goes off or what if we loose a fight all progress would be lost and youd have to start from the last save point.I like to be able to save my progress as often as possible.This game needs more save points closer together or the feature that allows us to save frequently especially before a battle. :(

It's an inspiration from old dungeon-crawler type game. The biggest decision the player has to make is when to get out of the dungeon and save. Use "Warp Mirror" to teleport out of the dungeon, if things got ugly, prepare and come back again. There are check-points right before the major story-boss battles. However, the player must take risk before challenging an optional boss.

Please take a look at the general tips I wrote in the earlier post. It helps a lot. DarkEnd is more like a dungeon crawler than traditional RPG.
Upcoming Projects
Kodots
Wanderer

Postby johnboy412000 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:41 am

But if you come out of a dungeon surely you will miss something important ? I noticed the characters in the place with the shop etc ask for quests to be done in various dungeons.I suppose the plus side to warping would be to save and then go back in and gain more experience each time and thus level up as well.
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kodots » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:03 pm

johnboy412000 wrote:But if you come out of a dungeon surely you will miss something important ? I noticed the characters in the place with the shop etc ask for quests to be done in various dungeons.I suppose the plus side to warping would be to save and then go back in and gain more experience each time and thus level up as well.

Actually, the game is designed to be replayed several times. You can finish the quests you've missed in NG+, except certain side-quests. And yes, you can gain more exp and level up better by warping out as well as re-spec your character in the Corridor of Origin to be prepared for the dungeon. Plus, since all the enemies are on screen, You can avoid the unnecessary battles :)
Upcoming Projects
Kodots
Wanderer

Postby johnboy412000 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Yeah ive bought the game and im trying to do some quests as best i can by running through the dungeons that i have already completed.There are 2 that i have blown the crystals on so no need to fight the boss again in those 2.Ill just keep plugging away and levelling up etc. :)
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers