Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

DarkEnd

Re: New RPG: DarkEnd

Postby johnboy412000 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:58 am

It would help if we knew what spell he was going to unleash then we could wear the appropriate Ob before he unleashes.I first equipped the Fire orb for 2 turns then changed to the Ice orb and survived that but then i was expecting fire again so changed to the Fire orb but he killed me with ice breath ?

Passive skills dont work either they are greyed out ?
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kodots » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:11 am

sunfluer wrote:I have a few specific questions that I would like help with.

In the Desolation of Hope quest I am looking for a kobold to fight. I am wondering where I will find the kobold.

In the Armorer's Dream 1 quest I am looking for pelts and it says they are in the Corrupt Forest, but I can't find them and I have been through many times.

In The Broken Sword quest I am supposed to find clues about what happened to them in the Desolated Castle. I am not sure what I am looking for or where I am supposed to look specifically in the Desolated Castle because I have been through it many times without finding anything.

In the Lost Epitaph: Awakening, I am supposed to look for the second epitaph, but I can't seem to find it. So far I haven't had any luck finding it. Are there supposed to be stairs that will take me to different levels like there are in the Corrupt Woods and Desolate Castle? If not, what am I looking for to find the epitaph?

In the Upgrade: Steel Ax quest I am looking for Dark Soil. In what location will I find the Dark Soil?

Is there a trick to killing the mice that are running around in a few locations? They keep running away before I can kill them.

There are a couple of Bounty Hunter quests for the Burning Caverns. I am wondering if there are stairs that will appear from time to time that will take me to special parts of the dungeon where I will find the Djinn and Puppet Master?

In the It quest will I find "it" in the Abandoned Mines?

Thanks for the hints in advance!

I'll put the answers to your question in the spoiler tag

Spoiler: show
Yes, each area has a special sub-dungeon where you can access via staircase that appears from time to time.

-To fight the Kobold, you have to get access to the "Cave" sub-dungeon from Corrupted Forest. You can get to either 'Grove' or 'Cave' Area from the special Stair.

-The pelts can be dropped from monsters from the "Cave" sub-dungeon.

-The item to finish the Broken Sword quest can be found in one of the 5 'Castle Room' sub-dungeons in Desolated Castle. Take the staircase and You've 1/5 chance of landing into the room with a special boss that dropped the item.

-The second epitaph can be found in the "Troll Cave" sub-dungeon that can be accessed from the staircases in the Abandoned Mine. You can also find the Dark Soil from Monsters in that sub-dungeon.

-To kill the mice, the hard-way would be using multiple hitting physical skills. They have puny HP and will die if you are lucky enough to land 4-5 hits. The easy way would be completing the quest called "It".

-To complete "It" quest. You need to find the special room in Abandon Mine. You have 1/32 chance of landing into that room by taking the portal. The music will change and you will know once you get there. There will be a chest that contain the legendary "Stick", a weapon that can damage Lucky Mice. But you cannot equip it. Go back to the old man who asked for it to complete the quest "it". If you give the Stick right away, the quest will end and you get no reward for it. So refuse to give it and the old man will raise the payment up to 3 million Golds. If you turn him down, he will reward you a Straw Cape. Equip that Straw Cape and you can finally equip the Stick and let you use the Skill called "Mouse Catch" from the skill menu. Use it to One-hit kill the mice.

-Yes the Bounty Hunting Quests can be found in Sub-Area inside Burning Caverns, as well as the third Epitaph (which will not appear unless you found the second epitaph and started the third one.

I think that's all. Hope this would be useful to you.

johnboy412000 wrote:It would help if we knew what spell he was going to unleash then we could wear the appropriate Ob before he unleashes.I first equipped the Fire orb for 2 turns then changed to the Ice orb and survived that but then i was expecting fire again so changed to the Fire orb but he killed me with ice breath ?

Passive skills dont work either they are greyed out ?

Oh actually, that boss use the elemental breath in this order Fire>Ice>Thunder>Fire--- so on. So you need to use all three elemental orbs.

And the passive skills cannot be use but they are in effect as long as you learned them. No need to use them. For example, Lucion's Sword Master passive skill will raise the damage for all kinds of sword attack and skills as long as you have that skills learned. Upgrade that passive skill when you have enough lvl and you deal out even more damage from Sword attacks.
Upcoming Projects
DarkEnd : The Vault of Avalon (Expansion):
http://www.indiedb.com/games/darkend
Vision Spire Infini (upcoming game):
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/7648-vision-spire-infini-updated-demo-available/
Kodots
Wanderer

Postby johnboy412000 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:38 am

Ok thanks i can now prepare better before he lets fly.How much HP does he have ?
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby johnboy412000 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:10 am

He defeated yippeee +::YAY +::clap +::Dance
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kodots » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:37 am

johnboy412000 wrote:He defeated yippeee +::YAY +::clap +::Dance

Congrats!!! +::Thumbup
Upcoming Projects
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/7648-vision-spire-infini-updated-demo-available/
Kodots
Wanderer

Postby johnboy412000 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Thanks :) Fights are getting harder now in the next dungeon. +::O_o +::biggrin
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kodots » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:20 pm

johnboy412000 wrote:Thanks :) Fights are getting harder now in the next dungeon. +::O_o +::biggrin

True, you are now the one of two high-lvl area of the game.
I suggest you get to level 23-25 and get the high lvl skills and passive skills :)
Upcoming Projects
Kodots
Wanderer

Postby sunfluer » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:56 pm

Thank you very much for the information! I will keep looking for all the special areas then. I just wanted to be reassured that I was heading in the right direction.
sunfluer
Mercenary

Postby johnboy412000 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:37 pm

Kodots wrote:
johnboy412000 wrote:Thanks :) Fights are getting harder now in the next dungeon. +::O_o +::biggrin

True, you are now the one of two high-lvl area of the game.
I suggest you get to level 23-25 and get the high lvl skills and passive skills :)

Ok thanks will do
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby johnboy412000 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:30 pm

Have discovered things called Grimoires ? cant really work out what they do.
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kodots » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:03 pm

sunfluer wrote:Thank you very much for the information! I will keep looking for all the special areas then. I just wanted to be reassured that I was heading in the right direction.

Don't worry. You're doing it fine. You just need to be lucky to finish some quests. +::Thumbup

johnboy412000 wrote:Have discovered things called Grimoires ? cant really work out what they do.

Grimoires are special spell books which can be linked to the high-lvl weapons with slots.
By linking them, a character can access to magical spell, written in the Grimoire.
You need to reach to the Frozen Ravine's Boss in order to unlock a shop that help you with linking Grimoire.

For example, linking Ignis Grimoire to high lvl sword (Dragonbane for example) can make Lucion learn some basic fire magic, just by equipping the Dragonbane sword. They are not as powerful as Xia's own fire spells but they have no cooldown nor warm up period. But beware, since the number of times they can use per a battle is limited.

With Grimoire Linking, you can create a well-round party easily. :)
Upcoming Projects
Kodots
Wanderer

Postby johnboy412000 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Ursula bites the dust.Oh i just love it how many more bosses do i have left ? +::Dance +::clap
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby kalbun » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:39 pm

I am at the beginning of the fourth area.
So far, I am very happy with the game. There are many good ideas inside, and I think more are coming while the plot unwinds.
The fact that you cannot save can be annoying, but I played lots of games that way, and survived +::O_o

At the moment my only suggestion is to increase the prices of the items. Earning money it's a bit too easy and, at a certain point, it seems very difficult to spend it (maybe give the option to donate to charity +::lol ).
--Kalbun
kalbun
Bard

Postby Kodots » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:18 am

johnboy412000 wrote:Ursula bites the dust.Oh i just love it how many more bosses do i have left ? +::Dance +::clap

You are now the hardest and the most frustrating area of the game. :D

kalbun wrote:I am at the beginning of the fourth area.
So far, I am very happy with the game. There are many good ideas inside, and I think more are coming while the plot unwinds.
The fact that you cannot save can be annoying, but I played lots of games that way, and survived +::O_o

At the moment my only suggestion is to increase the prices of the items. Earning money it's a bit too easy and, at a certain point, it seems very difficult to spend it (maybe give the option to donate to charity +::lol ).

I'm glad that you like the game +::biggrin
Who are your chosen pairs?

I originally planned to have the item price vary depending on the difficulty at first, but got lazy and dropped that +::whistle
Upcoming Projects
Kodots
Wanderer

Postby johnboy412000 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:55 am

Yeah the Levels are a bit dark in this next dungeon.I had a quick run through last night and warped out for now.I shall persevere and not be beaten lol
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers