Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Heroes of Legionwood

Re: New RPG: Heroes of Legionwood

Postby Bluerose » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:40 am

Thank you so much, I received your pm and did what you said and it worked! Doing the happy dance +::Dance +::Dance +::Dance
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby blootooth » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:04 am

@Dark Gaia

Reinstalled the game with the 1.1c installer. A host of errors cropped up upon continuing the game thru Stonekeep.

1. Upon crafting an armor with dragon hide, This message popped up:
"Style and Substance was not found. This may be because it has not been loaded. Please ensure that the quest is set up properly in the script, and that you have it loaded before you try to use/dispose of it."

2. Got quest on Stonekeep's mine but it doesn't show up in the quest menu. Came could continue, but got this later on:
"Mine Guardian was not recognized as a loaded quest. Please be sure to load the quest via script call before use." (This, by the way, came up twice.)

3. After successfully completed the quest, and reporting back, this came up:
"Forged in Iron was not found. This may be because it has not been loaded. Please ensure that the game is set up properly in the script and that you have it loaded before you try to use/dispose of it."

4. Problem with Hannelore is still not resolved. If you find one, it adds to the inventory. If you find 2 or more, they go the the Healing Crystal inventory.

I am getting a wee bit frustrated with this little game. If events now are to impact how events later pan out, then the above definitely would matter, correct? I think you will concur that we should not be doing the beta-testing for you. At this juncture, I cannot be sure I would go grab your next installment of HoL when it comes out. No offense.
blootooth
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:30 pm

I downloaded and played the demo today, and quite liked it. However, I don't like invisible encounters. I don't dare move for fear that I get yet again attacked by an unseen enemy. I find it extremely tiresome having to go through a whole game, and not be able to see what's coming my way.

Also, I am not happy that the potion to get rid of "toxic" costs so much money. Even when I only pay 50% of the full price, it's still 50 gold coins (whatever the currency isin this game), and that's far too expensive.

Another thing: twice the head of a young man popped up when I was talking to someone. Once when I first talked to Astrid - I thought it was the other person close to her who talked to me - and the second time when I talked to the woman who wants me to find wild mushrooms. Up pops that face again and says something (young guy, looks like he is wearing an army helmet, and has a plaster on his face?). Don't know what that is about.

I also find the fighting sequences a little slow and sluggish. And with the amount of encounters I am getting, it gets a bit frustrating.

Anyway... nice game, but I think I will pass on it. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Nyx » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:53 pm

My game is not installing correctly. Every time I restart I have to DL again otherwise it says I have to Start A New Game.
I cannot find where the save games are either. !!!

This is getting very annoying.... +::grrr

n +:oops:
Last edited by Nyx on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby passerine » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:02 pm

The uninstalling & reinstalling worked for me, thanks.

I like the game. I hope the issues blootooth bought up can be fixed soon though. :)
passerine
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:04 am

Forgot to mention: I don't know what "fatigue" means in the game. I was told that, on the world map, I get quicker fatigue - I think that's what it says - but when I eat something, I see no difference when I check my characters. So what is it that will go down with fatigue?

--- --- ---

Nyx... the save games are here: Your computer name - AppData - Roaming - Heroes of Legionwood. In the "Heroes of Legionwood" folder you will find your .save files, although they are not called .save files.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby passerine » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:05 am

Vald rations in inventory, free meal at lockes house in colony town or inn keepers have food.

What are you feeding them? Down arrows by the character are low fatigue they disappear with rations.
passerine
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:51 am

Yes, I know about the meals, Passerine. I did feed Astrid and myself, but I didn't see any up or down arrow that would indicate that I am fatigued or that fatigue has passed. Where are those arrows? I assumed that the food would up my HP again, but didn't. And I didn't see anything else that changed.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby kjanz » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:03 am

i am in the light house i sure could use some help with the tile puzzle please
kjanz
Wanderer

Postby Bluerose » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:32 am

I just encountered another problem in Stonekeep. I go to the inn and pick lodging, when the screen comes back I get this guy talking to me. He says: Hey, I'm trying to take a load off here. Can't you see I'm stressed out? If your looking to buy my blast powder come back in the evening when I'll be too sick to care.

Then the screens freezes and I have to go to desktop to close out the game. Happens everytime I try staying at the inn. +::sos

I went back into the game after posting and was able to buy the item from the guy that is in the inn. He left and I stayed at the inn, the game did not freeze when I stayed at the inn.
Last edited by Bluerose on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby passerine » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:41 am

I'm not sure what's going on with that Vald, it only says I'm fatigued when on the world map. At that time if you look at the characters before giving rations there is a down arrow by their names. Other than that the rations & inn food doesn't seem to do anything. I don't get it.

Do you only get one dragon armour even if more dragon skins? The same thing happened to me as blootooth with
crafting armour & mine quest.

Haven't made it to the lighthouse so i'm no help kjanz. Hope to find out though so I can do puzzle.
passerine
Wanderer

Postby passerine » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:45 am

Bluerose that guy said something entirely different to me. Asked if I wanted to buy it. I had a speech come up as a choice chose that & he gave it to me. hmmm

Hope it gets figured out the screen freeze for ya.
passerine
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:12 am

Well, I must be blind. I went back to the world map, and looked at each of my characters, and none had an arrow next to them. Neither had any of them yet complaint about fatigue. Maybe I am spared. LOL

ETA: And I see there are puzzles in this game. I don't care for puzzles in this type of game, because if you can't do them, you are stuck and can't continue. Of course, if there was a Skip button, that would be different. But of course, there isn't.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby feyone2 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:20 am

I'm in catacombs looking for the evil for the huntress, I've read the instructions to count backwards to move forward, found lever no.3 and pulled it and I've found lever no.1 (not pulled it yet) but I can't find lever no.2! Can anyone tell where it is (in relation to where you enter) or doesn't it exist? Help please!!!!
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Nyx » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:15 pm

the save games are here: Your computer name - AppData - Roaming - Heroes of Legionwood. In the "Heroes of Legionwood" folder you will find your .save files, although they are not called .save files.

That folder is empty which is why I asked where the save files are.

I know they are somewhere cuz when I reinstall and start again the game lets me continue !!!!

I want to delete everything and begin again but I am afraid I mite also delete the save files.

n
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers