Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Heroes of Legionwood

Re: New RPG: Heroes of Legionwood

Postby GrannyC » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:47 pm

If you use your wait option and wait for evening you can get past this bug.
I don't think their beta testers were on the ball.
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Postby blootooth » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:49 pm

@Dark Gaia

Keep in mind that the patch will only work if you already have version 1.1c installed. It'll just give you an error with any earlier versions.

Nay, nay, nay. I have version 1.1c installed with HoL_installer_1.1c.exe. Yet the 1.1d patch failed with this error:
"This program cannot update the installed version of Heroes of Legionwood because of the following reason:
C:\Games\Heroes of Legionwood\Game.ini : unknown version."
blootooth
Wanderer

Postby FadedAce » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:43 pm

GrannyC wrote:If you use your wait option and wait for evening you can get past this bug.
I don't think their beta testers were on the ball.

Yeah, that would be fine, except I had not saved just before it. I didn't expect going into town to break the game, and my autosave for going into town just brings back up the bug every time. My last save will lose an hour worth of play-time. I mean I've gone back further before with other games, but it's still annoying.

----

Also, my patch issue is the same as blootooth's above. I do have 1.1c installed, but the 1.1d patch does not work for me either. I get the unknown version but on uninstall.dat and not Game.ini.
FadedAce
Peasant

Postby Bluerose » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:27 pm

I have a big request for Dark Gaia

Is there any way too remove or add more time to the puzzles in the weave. like 10:00 minutes. For the life of me I just cannot get through them so I cannot finish the game. It does not help to be in a battle with the timer counting down and you still have to get through the room. Also get rid of the slider puzzle, by some luck I did get through it.

I would also like a way to stock up on supplies before sent to the weave.

I was enjoying the game until I came across these puzzles.
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby passerine » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:29 pm

Bluerose wrote:I have a big request for Dark Gaia

Is there any way too remove or add more time to the puzzles in the weave. like 10:00 minutes. For the life of me I just cannot get through them so I cannot finish the game. It does not help to be in a battle with the timer counting down and you still have to get through the room. Also get rid of the slider puzzle, by some luck I did get through it.

I would also like a way to stock up on supplies before sent to the weave.

I was enjoying the game until I came across these puzzles.

Yes please Dark Gaia, I second this request.
passerine
Wanderer

Postby TERRBEAR » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:31 pm

You can actually buy supplies in the Weave right in the center with the little blue flame.
TERRBEAR
Wanderer

Postby Bluerose » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:26 am

TERRBEAR wrote:You can actually buy supplies in the Weave right in the center with the little blue flame.

I am talking about after you defeat the boss in the Lighthouse. You cannot buy supplies after that.
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby sueros » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:42 am

Updated and got out of hellfire. Stonekeep problem after talking to iron guild i get this message - Forged in iron was not recognized as a loaded quest. Please be sure to load the quest via script call before use. -The quest is not shown in game. Would you please help with this.
sueros
Peasant

Postby Dark Gaia » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:20 am

Hi everyone.

As stated a few days ago, all of the problems mentioned above are fixed in version 1.1d. I'm not sure why the patching program isn't working. I'll have to contact the creators of the patch. For some reason, it must not be recognising the file structure of the game, but I didn't have any issues with it in prior games +::Dunno

In the meantime, you can get 1.1d by downloading and re-installing. If your download link has expired, please PM or email me to get a free copy.

@Bluerose: After you beat the boss in the Lighthouse, there's a cutscene and then you arrive in the Weave hub. There's a spirit there who will sell you supplies. There aren't any battles in between, so you shouldn't need any supplies until you meet the spirit.

As for adding more time to the puzzles in the Weave, that's certainly doable. It could go either way - some people are finding the time limits just fine, and others are finding them to be not enough. I'll probably tie it into difficulty - on Casual, there will be more time than on Normal or Purist.

In the meantime, if you've reinstalled with version 1.1d, you can use this unofficial fix: http://www.darkgaiastudios.com/Data.zip. Simply extract this into your installation directory and overwrite when prompted, and you'll get 10 minutes to complete both puzzles.
Want the latest news on Legionwood and my other projects?
Head over [url]to http://legionwood.wordpress.com[/url] and keep in touch!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Bluerose » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:48 am

Thank you Dark Gaia, I will check out the spirit in the weave. Looking forward to more time, do you know when it will be available?
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby Dark Gaia » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:13 am

Hi. If you don't want to wait for a patch, there's an unofficial fix in my previous post that will expand the time to 10 minutes.

You need to have 1.1d installed, though.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby feyone2 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:57 am

Am having the same problems as many other people ... the tunnels under the castle after Hellfire cavern. I bought the blast powder which initially seemed to solve the problem of the seller speaking in a loop. But I find that gates in the tunnels that are open become shut again if I return upstairs for supplies and there's a hole with a little flashing arrow but nothing happens as there's no script (due to error). I downloaded the patch but to no avail. HELP PLEASE +::sos
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Dark Gaia » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:44 am

Hi.

There's no bug there. What you need to do is find a rock to push into the whole. The rock is elsewhere in the mine.

Every time you exit the mine, the rock's location and the associated switches will reset, so you'll have to do them again.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby blootooth » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:08 pm

I was trying out the skills of each member of the party, out of curiosity, by slugging it out at the Great Lighthouse and then the Weave. I went on and on, yeah because I was bored. You know what I discovered? The level of each member actually maxes out at 30. For me, it is a letdown because I never liked this "feature" in the games I play. If Dark Gaia had indicated this upfront, I would have passed up this game with a "no thanks". The reason for the cap, some say, is to make the game more challenging, but I beg to defer. How challenging a game is depends on how creative the developer is, and he should not, in my opinion, take the easy way out by putting a cap on levels. It is a killjoy. Anyway, its just my two cents, and I know there are others who would defer. :( +::surrender
blootooth
Wanderer

Postby Nyx » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:21 pm

The reason for the cap, some say, is to make the game more challenging, but I beg to defer. How challenging a game is depends on how creative the developer is, and he should not, in my opinion, take the easy way out by putting a cap on levels. It is a killjoy.

Blootooth I agree. I work hard to level up my characters and limiting their capabilities if no fair......

n
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers