Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Heroes of Legionwood

Re: New RPG: Heroes of Legionwood

Postby Valdy » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:24 pm

If your folder for the save files is empty, then I don't know where they could be. I am using Win7. Is it possible that you are using a different OS, and therefore the save files are someplace else? Probably wrong, but I don't know where else the save files could be. Mine are in the folder I mentioned.

If you want to start the game again from the beginning, does it matter whether the save files are deleted as well? However, you should be able to delete the game while the save files are still there. They are never deleted when you delete the game. I always have to delete the save files separately.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Nyx » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:31 pm

If you want to start the game again from the beginning, does it matter whether the save files are deleted as well? However, you should be able to delete the game while the save files are still there. They are never deleted when you delete the game. I always have to delete the save files separately.

THIS EXACTLY MY ISSUE........If the files are not where they should be my deleting the program mite also delete my progress !!!
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Bluerose » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:12 pm

I went to c / user/ (my name)/ app data/ roaming/ heros of legionwood and the save file are listed as quests. I have Windows 8.1
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:08 am

Yes, that's exactly where my save files are, and that's what they are called. I am using Win7.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Bluerose » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:47 am

I'm stuck, I don't know where to go. I went to the Great Lighthouse went up 3 flights of stairs, there is still a set of stairs blocked by spikes. There is also a plaque on the wall saying a piece is missing. I did get the Lightbringer key.

Also my main quest says: Make your way through Hellfire Tunnel. Where is that?

What do you do with the walls that have sparkles they say there is something strange with this wall and at Elwyin's place the well has sparkles and it says there is a dim light. What do you do?
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby passerine » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:26 am

I think that was hellfire tunnel we already went through to get to stone place before light house, wasn't it? Maybe it doesn't leave quest list.

Just on my way to the lighthouse so can't help you.

There seems to be a lot of issues like the script coming up saying things aren't loaded, so who knows if one is missing out on things. The issues others have bought up and the unanswered questions from developer.

Does only one person in the group need the talents? Then they work for all members like finding things? Subterfuge is to disarm things & open doors. Haven't found any. Got alchemy but don't know how to make things.

When you blind enemies they still get you, so maybe that don't work right. Unless it's a percentage. I'm not sure crazed or muddle does much either. They still seem to attack same way.
passerine
Wanderer

Postby Bluerose » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:24 am

Okay, I made it through the lighthouse, now I am in the weave. Not happy about that, there is no way to stock up before you go, you are automatically sent there. I also did not care for the slider puzzle in lighthouse, did manage to get through it. Was tough, I do NOT like sliders or time puzzles.

I noticed there is a timed puzzle in the weave.

Not sure if I will be able to continue the game since I am low on supplies.
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:02 am

Bluerose wrote:Okay, I made it through the lighthouse, now I am in the weave. Not happy about that, there is no way to stock up before you go, you are automatically sent there. I also did not care for the slider puzzle in lighthouse, did manage to get through it. Was tough, I do NOT like sliders or time puzzles.

I noticed there is a timed puzzle in the weave.

Not sure if I will be able to continue the game since I am low on supplies.

That settles it for me. No way am I buying a game which has timed puzzles. I already hate the fact that this game gives me no choice to choose visible encounters, but puzzles, and timed ones? Nope.
I love John Wizard's games, but am always apprehensive because of the puzzles. If you can't do them, you are stuck in the game. In fact, the way "Stargazer" was done, was perfect. Puzzles for those who love them, or you could just ignore them. Or use the"Skip", as was done in "Dawn's Light" for that one large puzzle with the rail tracks.

Sorry for the off-topic rant. LOL +:oops:
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Dark Gaia » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:25 am

Hi guys.

First of all, please allow me to apologise for not checking this thread sooner. I generally only look in on Aldorlea every two or three days - the quickest way to get a response from me is at my own website. It's also been the weekend - I usually leave forum posting until the new week begins.

@blootooth: Re: the quest errors in Stonekeep, I'm not sure why they are occurring, as I'm pretty sure I fixed those files before release. I did accidentally release an update a while ago though that was made from a beta build, so it may have rolled back to the broken version of the map. The Stonekeep Mine quest doesn't appear in the Quest Log because the file itself isn't being loaded, which is what the error is saying.

To elaborate, these errors aren't actually affecting anything in the gameplay or any of your progress or choices for the future. What's happening here is that the game is failing to load the text files that contain the Quest Log updates - the quest itself still functions just as it should, you just don't get the text strings.

Re: the Hannelore issue - I looked into my game code, and the event was actually not meant to give you Hannelores in the first place. The event was originally intended to give you Healing Crystals. The error was that it tells you that you obtained Hannelores instead. The items you originally received were the correct yield for that encounter.

@Vald: The Legionwood series is traditionally geared towards fans of older RPGs, such as the earlier Final Fantasy games, the early Dragon Quest games or the Baldur's Gate series. Battles are hard, money is hard to come by and the game is all about resource management. These -- and the random encounter system -- are design hallmarks of those games, and Legionwood 2 was the same. It's not everyone's cup of tea, for sure. Thanks for reporting the portrait bugs, though - I didn't encounter them during testing, but it's likely there's something not working quite right in the player gender scripts.

@Nyx: I'm not sure where your save files are (it's likely a permissions or OS related issue) but if they're not in the game's installation location, then I can guarantee that uninstalling will not delete them. The uninstaller only touches the C:/Games/Heroes of Legionwood folder. Wherever your saves are, they're safe :)

@kjanz: The goal is to match the tiles together so that they form a picture. There's no time limit, so you can just keep sliding the pieces around until you complete the picture. Keep in mind that one piece of the puzzle is always missing (this means one panel will be blank at the end of the puzzle) - this is the loose panel you found on the first floor of the tower.

@passerine: The quest scripts are basically broken at the moment. They were fine when the game launched, but the 1.1b update accidentally restored beta versions of the events, which broke everything. I'm fixing it as I type this - it was completely unintentional.

To answer your questions: only one member of the party needs to have a talent. While some talents, such as Speech and Mercantile are used automatically, others you need to actually trigger in the Techs menu. For example, if you're notified while exploring that something "seems strange" about a wall, you need to face that spot and use Subterfuge. Likewise, to use your Alchemy talent, you need to select it in the Techs menu. It's basically a portable shop.

As for status effects, Blind reduces Hit Chance by 80%, so there's still a 20% chance that an attack will hit. Muddle has a 50% chance of making the combatant attack his/her own allies and Craze forces the combatant to only use physical attacks (no Techs).

Finally, to everyone asking about Fatigue: when your characters are fatigued, their attributes receive a 20% reduction until they eat. You get fatigued if 24 hours pass in game without eating. That's really all there is to it :p
Want the latest news on Legionwood and my other projects?
Head over [url]to http://legionwood.wordpress.com[/url] and keep in touch!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Dark Gaia » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:09 am

The errors reported by blootooth and Vald are now fixed! Please note, however, that if you've already experienced the quest log errors, the only way to fix them is to start a new game - at the start of the game, all of the quest files are baked into your save file, and since they weren't loaded into your save file due to the bug, they're missing for good.

It shouldn't affect gameplay, though. All quests in Stonekeep are still functioning as intended and if you complete them, it WILL still be recorded in your save file for future installments.

If you DO wish to begin a new game with the quest log working correctly, you can either reinstall the game or download the patch here: http://www.darkgaiastudios.com/apps/forums/topics/show/13194910-heroes-of-legionwood-patch-1-1?next=

Keep in mind that the patch will only work if you already have version 1.1c installed. It'll just give you an error with any earlier versions.
Want the latest news on Legionwood and my other projects?
Head over [url]to http://legionwood.wordpress.com[/url] and keep in touch!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:50 am

Dark Gaia... thank you for your reply. You are right, not all RPGs are for everyone, and I have never played games like Baldur's Gate, because they are just not for me. I am more of a "soft" RPG person. I like to see the enemy, don't want to see puzzles in a game, and prefer more story than fights. :)

All the best with this series. I really liked the demo, and think those enemies - once they become visible - look really cute.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby TERRBEAR » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:24 pm

A guide would be very helpful
TERRBEAR
Wanderer

Postby nicholas » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:10 pm

OK!! How can I get past the mosaic puzzle in the light house? I don't mind puzzles, but this kind is the worst. +::grrr I can never get the last piece to go into place. Is there a "spoiler" for the puzzle at least?? ;) Thanks
nicholas
Bard

Postby Ricbyrne » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:44 pm

I always read the forum before I buy one of the Developers Games. This one sounded good until I read you have invisible attacks. Times puzzles or anything needing to be done in a certain amount of time, are even more of a turn off. This game is not for me.
Ricbyrne
Wanderer

Postby FadedAce » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:44 pm

So I picked up the game a few days ago and I loved it, right up until the point when I hit a game-breaking bug. When I entered a town about four and a half hours into the game a chat box immediately popped up saying, "Hey, I'm trying to take a load off here! Cant you see I'm stressed out? If you're looking to buy my Blast Powder come back in the evening when I'll be too sick to care." Pressing enter only makes it go away for a second before it pops up again and again.

I tried patching hoping that the newest version would fix this issue, but no luck there either. Every time I attempt to run the patch it says that my uninstall.dat has an unknown version. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but to no avail.
FadedAce
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers