Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Beyond Reality

Re: New RPG: Beyond Reality

Postby Eternal » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Vald wrote:Eternal, I would have PMed you the .save file which sees me at the blood-soaked battlefield - which is just before I encounter the non-battles of the blue bubbles, but I have no idea how to do that. There is no "Attachment", so I don't know how to copy a save file.

No problem, I'll send you my email.
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:36 am

Eternal... although you have been here since I sent you the save file, we haven't heard a peep out of you. How is it going with the game? I have been waiting to hear from you. I fear that you will not have encountered the non-fights I talked about, because - as I mentioned before - once I get out of the game and back in, I get engaged in fights. So it only happens the first time, after that it sets itself right, which means you need to play the game yourself so you encounter it the first time, or maybe it works fine for you. I don't know.

It's a pity no one else has played the game (and I am not talking about those gamers who can't save the game), and if they have played it, didn't come here to talk about it - unless they have only played the demo, which means they haven't encountered those non-fights at the end of the game.

Still, it's a shame hardly anyone has said anything about the game. It's a really good game. I love it.

Edited to add: Oops, sorry... just saw your email reply. So yes, it only happens the first time you get to that part of the game. When you then exit and come back in, everything is OK.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:31 pm

I'm around, I was just waiting for replies to reply to xD

The issue with not being able to save is fixable on Windows 10 apparently, but not Windows 8. I will need to look at someone's Windows 8 to find the issue and solution for that OS. The issue just does not occur on Win 7.

I've sent you an email back. That an issue should be solved upon reloading is most peculiar. It could be an issue to do with the cache (animations at that point filling it up and preventing new battles occuring for some reason) but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Still, it's hard for me to guess what it could be until I have more information.

Pretty much everything else mentioned has been fixed on my end, save for the saving bug on Win 8 specifically and that battle-preventing bug which is fixed by a reload.
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:58 am

If this non-fight problems can't be solved, I don't have a problem with that. I know that I only have to exit the game and come back in for the fights to engage. So it's no big deal for me. But it would have been great if someone else had played the game and let us know whether they encountered the same non-fight problems.

BTW, I assume that Indinera has changed the old link for a new one so that, when I download the game again, I will get the new version with all the fixes?

Anyway... just in case we don't speak before then: HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:58 am

I haven't sent her the updated version yet, I'm waiting to see if anyone else can report any more issues (like the one you mention, and the saving bug on Win 8 ) so people don't have to download yet again if those happen to get fixed within the next couple of days. Otherwise, I'll send the update around the following week after New Year's.

Happy New Year to you too!
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby littlebro » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:53 am

Eternal wrote:I haven't sent her the updated version yet,

Ahem, Indy is most definitely a him, not a her.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Valdy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:07 am

That's true, Littlebro. But one can be mistaken for thinking that Indi is a woman. First, because of the name, and second because of the female avatar. I know of one other gamer who once asked me whether Indi is a he or a she - this person is not a member here, but plays Indi's games.
I only know that Indi is a he because I have seen others referring to him as "he". But I do keep thinking of Indi as a she. LOL

BTW, did you play the game, Littlebro?

And Eternal... perhaps you should play the game, just to see if you will also encounter the non-fights at the end.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby littlebro » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:45 am

@Vlad
No, I haven't played it yet - RL has been very full the last few weeks. It would be nice to get round to it soon, but I don't know if that is going to happen.

On the Indy thing, it's not just people referring to him, but also about a year ago (maybe a bit more now) there were posts about him getting married and references to pics of him with his beautiful wife
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Valdy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:49 am

I am not the vampire Vlad, Littlebro. LOL But never mind, I have been called Vlad or Vlady before. :)

As for Indi: I have only been a member here since May, so I don't know Indi's history.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:58 pm

Him* xD

I have played the game but did not encounter the issue. I was frequently saving and reloading to fix bugs I encountered, though... But I do not recall specifically reloading at the battlefield, apart from to space out a couple of animations... Perhaps I inadvertently reloaded there so I couldn't encounter the bug myself?
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:24 pm

I don't know whether it's just my version of the game or not. But I encountered the non-fight problem twice, once in the first game and then again in the second one, just like I encountered the same problem with the spiders both times.

It is even possible that I might not have encountered the non-fights if I had exited the game right after the battlefield, and then went back in and continued. But in both cases I went ahead and continued to play, so that's why I encountered the non-fights both times.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:55 pm

The spiders issue is understandable, it was a missing resource that wasn't visibly missing on my end (fixed). It's the non-battling issue that is harder to discern the cause of. Still, as you say, it is easily fixed with a quick reload.
Eternal
Wanderer

Fire Pixie and Ice PixieBeyond Reality

Postby Eva » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:15 am

I have found and defeated the fire pixie but do not find the ice
pixie..I went as far south as I can..Am I missing something? Please help. Am stuck.Thanks
Eva
Bard

Postby Valdy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:22 am

Eva, if you read the previous posts, you will find out that there was a glitch, and the ice pixy was missing. This has been fixed, but Eternal has not yet given Indinera the link to the new version.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:48 am

Fixed. Indy has been given the link. Will see when main download is updated.
Also fixed the missing animation thing.
Thanks for playing :)
Eternal
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers