Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Beyond Reality

Beyond Reality

Postby Indinera » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:34 pm

BEYOND REALITY

$9.99 only!

Image Image

This is a brand new game by a brand new developer.

SUMMARY:

Travel Beyond the Reality You've Always Known.

Two thousand years ago, the Kingdom of Jastamune was thrust into a war, the only survivor being a magician known as Reverent Sulada. In a last-ditch effort to save the Kingdom, she encases herself in magic and sleeps for two thousand years, eventually being unearthed by the Alpha Omega Company, dedicated to researching the implications of their pollution-filled world.

As she is freed from her magical spell, nobody knows what to make of her, and the leader of the company - La'lele - refuses to help at first. However, she, as well as many of her other employees, are magically transported to the past by Sulada, much to her chagrin. Despite her dismay, the world of the past is pollution-free - a perfect opportunity for study, to the delight of the company's research leader, Faryl.

As research begins, La'lele and her companions try to complete their mission as quickly as possible, but quickly realise their situation is much more dire than it thought to be, when they discover who they are fighting against...

Explore the land of Jastamune through the eyes of the leader of the Alpha Omega Company - and put a stop to the war that changed the world two thousand years ago!

FEATURES:

Battle over 50 different enemies, including hidden and powerful bosses
Unearth at least 30 different types of weapons and armour to aid you in battle
Take part in side-quests as well as the main quest, aiming to heighten your team's strength and powers
On-map encounters: don't let yourselves be caught out by ambushes
Between six and eight hours of gameplay, an in-depth story and a tactical, turn-based battle system
F5 = Fullscreen
F6 = Change Window Size

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Beyond Reality

Postby Eternal » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi guys, I'm the developer - on hand for responding to any feedback and requests for assistance!

Thanks for playing the game!
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:34 am

Hello Eternal...

I decided to be the brave one and downloaded the game. ;)

This appears to be an interesting game - I liked that little game to activate the database, and I liked the choice of different sliders for music and the sounds - but unfortunately, the screen images stay tiny when I bring up full screen mode, so I can't see anything clearly. I had quite a bit of trouble finding that first glittering star in the home, because the screen is so tiny.

There is an option for different resolutions, but whichever I chose, the size stayed the same. When in window mode, the images are always smaller, but when you put the game into full screen mode (ALT+ENTER), the images should be much larger, but that is not the case here. The size will not change.

Apart from that, we can move faster when holding down the SHIFT button, but I find it immensely tiresome having to hold down the SHIFT button all the time. It would have been better if I just had to click once on the SHIFT button to make the characters move faster, and when clicking on it again, the characters move slower - as is done in other games.

I also see there is only one gameplay mode. I prefer to use Easy or Indinera's Story mode.

But I could, for now, overlook the above, but not the tiny images. In case you want to know: I am using a Win7, 64-bit widescreen laptop with a 1920x1080 screen resolution, although not sure that should make a difference, because all the other RPGs I play have a larger size in full screen mode.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:35 pm

Hi, thanks for playing!

To make the screen full screen (Max res 1344, choose this in options as you did) press F5, not alt and enter. To stretch the screen or otherwise change its size, using the resolution you selected, press F6. In your case, you can try pressing F5 then F6. This will stretch a bit, but might make it easier to see on your monitor. Alternatively, you can change the resolution on your monitor itself but it is understandable if you do not wish to do this.

Your point about shift is an interesting one. I shall look into that. The one about the lack of 'story mode' is also, but it is not meant to be a particularly challenging game.
That said, do let me know if there is anything else and I shall consider it as well for updates and/or future games :)

Thanks again :D
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:55 pm

Oh yes... pressing F5 and then F6 gives me a really nice big screen. +::Thumbup

It might have been a good idea if that was mentioned in the first post, because usually ALT+ENTER will make the screen larger. Great !! Now I am happy and can continue in the game.

If the game isn't too challenging, I may just get through it. Thanks very much for all the info. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:30 pm

It's mentioned under features ;)
I'll probably add it as a bit of text at the start of the game as well to clarify, though.

Thanks, and enjoy :D
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:37 pm

Oh sorry, didn't read that bit at the end. Just wanted to download and play the game. +:oops:

Well, I have now finished the demo, and am looking forward to continuing the game. Have not come across any glitches while playing for the hour, and am really glad I can see everything super big now. A really nice game. Love the graphics and gameplay. +::Thumbup
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:20 pm

Thank you so much ^_^
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby feyone2 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:03 am

Hi Eternal, I started playing the demo and saved my game as I had to go out. Now when I've returned to the demo I can no longer save my game play> I can't overwrite the 1st file and it won't let me save in any other. Can you help please?
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Valdy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:17 am

I have just finished the game. Took me just over 6 hours to play. Loved those little blue bubbles that represent the enemies - makes a change from the usual we always get in games.

I also loved the option to switch characters in the middle of a fight. Don't recall having played a game where I could do that. Really helpful. +::Thumbup

Enjoyed playing the game, but there were a couple of nasty surprises:
Spoiler: show
in the first mine where I had to run away from flames instead fighting them, and later on in another mine I think it was, where I had to run away from wolves. That was a very unpleasant surprise. LOL

There were a couple of glitches: I was in a forest (enchanted?) and had to fight 2 spiders, but suddenly the game closed, telling me that the graphics and something else (can't remember now) couldn't be found. I went back into the game, got bears to fight instead this time round or else just missed those 2 spiders this time.
The second time round was late into the game, when I was getting towards the end. I came across blue bubble enemies, but they only hit me while in the main scenes - without doing damage - but I wasn't engaged in a fight. I was able to just walk away from them. I exited the game, and then everything was as it should be.

All in all a really great game, and for me it had just the right length. I usually get bored with games that go on forever, and are dragged out by adding never-ending dungeons you have to get through, which I find really tiresome.

Well done, and many thanks to the team who made this game possible. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:18 pm

Feyone: Can you send me your savegame by PM so I can have a look? Have never heard of that issue before. You may just be in one area that doesn't allow saving for example, but for that issue to persist as you describe it sounds really odd.

Vald: a forest with a not found graphic? That really shouldn't have happened... I'll double-check, make sure that's the case. Maybe I accidentally hit delete on something at the last moment @_@

What do you mean, enemies hitting you in the main scenes? As in, cutscenes? Which one? (You can PM me if it's a big spoiler) - as you describe it, I think you were on the Ascent, but I cannot think of any plausible reason they would be hitting you and not engaging combat, and for the issue to be resolved upon a reload. I will give that area another check.

I am so glad you enjoyed the game though, and congratulations on finishing as well! If you have any additional feedback story-wise or character-wise, you can also PM me it (until an opinion thread appears, if one will?) And I'll consider any suggestions or opinions for my next game!

Thanks so much again ^_^
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi Eternal...

I don't think this is a spoiler: yes, it could have been on the Ascent. It was after I left the
battlefield of blood
. For some reason I didn't continue my journey but went back to where I had come from, and that's when the bubble enemies I encountered just charged on me, and slashed at me (I heard sword sounds), but I wasn't in a fighting scene, just walking along the places - no cut scenes - and I was able to walk away from them.
And oh yes, what happened at the same time was that the red bubbles (enemies from side quests) I defeated before, reappeared after I re-entered the scenes. The
Wyndfaron
or something similar, can't remember, was one of them. But somehow it all righted itself once I exited the game and then came back in.

I just remembered something else: I chose modern names, but they sometimes got mixed up with the old names in conversations.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:56 pm

Alright, do you have a savegame from that point? If so, can you send me it so I can have a look at what happened there? (For it to correct itself after leaving and reloading is very odd though!)

Edit: as for modern names, do you remember any locations off the top of your head where this occurred? (PM me also)

Thanks!
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:14 pm

I just checked, but no, sorry, I don't have a save file that includes any of the above mentioned. And the difference in names only appeared from time to time, not always. Perhaps someone else will come across this strange behaviour and will be able to pin-point where it happened. I just played through the game without thinking of saving it in certain places that may be useful to you later on. Sorry about that.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Oh no worries, that's fine, I'm glad you enjoyed the game regardless ^_^
Eternal
Wanderer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers