Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Beyond Reality

Re: New RPG: Beyond Reality

Postby Valdy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:29 pm

Oh yes, I certainly did. It was a fun game. And those little quirks I came across I easily managed to get around. Am looking very much forward to your next game. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:21 pm

Alright, I just gave the enemies another look and all of the resources are there (no crashing or error message occurs), and there's nothing I can see that would've caused the enemies you had defeated, to reappear. I wonder if the issues were something to do with the installer? Same for the case where someone cannot save. If someone can report the specific issue(s), that would be very helpful in narrowing down the cause(s).
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby Kirin » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:58 am

I just got a weird glitch on mine. I'm having save issues with my game. It worked fine when I saved the game the first time, but now the game won't let me save anymore. The save menu comes up like normal, but when I try to save my game, it won't respond! It refuses to overwrite the old save data and deleting it is no good either, the save is still just there. Is anybody else getting this or just me?
Kirin
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:07 am

Eternal wrote:Alright, I just gave the enemies another look and all of the resources are there (no crashing or error message occurs), and there's nothing I can see that would've caused the enemies you had defeated, to reappear. I wonder if the issues were something to do with the installer? Same for the case where someone cannot save. If someone can report the specific issue(s), that would be very helpful in narrowing down the cause(s).

Eternal, I don't know what you mean by "installer".
And the only crash I experienced and where I was told that the graphics are missing, was in that enchanted forest - I think that was the name. It's just above the desert, I think. Or at least close by...
Spoiler: show
where the 2 guys are by the beach (one of them wanted me to get rid of that Wyndworm or whatever it was.)

It was when I was in a fight with 2 spiders. After defeating one spider and hitting the second one, that's when the game closed down. But for some reason, I didn't encounter those spiders again after I re-entered the game, only bears. Maybe the spiders got lost and weren't supposed to be there in the first place? LOL
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:30 pm

Kirin wrote:I just got a weird glitch on mine. I'm having save issues with my game. It worked fine when I saved the game the first time, but now the game won't let me save anymore. The save menu comes up like normal, but when I try to save my game, it won't respond! It refuses to overwrite the old save data and deleting it is no good either, the save is still just there. Is anybody else getting this or just me?

Someone else on first page was, but I'm seriously at a loss as to what is going on here. Can you PM me your save file please?

Vald: I double-checked, the graphics are all there (and the spiders are meant to be there too, no worries!) :S - I don't know why you would be getting a missing graphic message midway through a fight, it is more likely there is some sort of missing animation graphic so I will check those again now, just to make sure.
The installer surrounds the game when you download it from this site. It packages it on that hour trial and unlock key.

Something very strange is going on here!

EDIT: Apparently redownloading fixes the save bug, but I don't know if this is the only fix, yet.
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:28 am

Yes, that could have been the message: animation graphic. I only remembered the word "graphic", but not the other one.

And strange that I should not have the save problems. Always been able to save the game.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:50 pm

Alright, so it seems most of these glitches are simply fixed by saving and reloading, restarting or redownloading. They are not persistent bugs. This is strange, as this simply isn't how the engine works. Enemies reappearing after their defeat and going away upon a reload is inexplicable, for example - as is temporarily being unable to save! There are no such issues on my end. I will have a chat with Indy once they are back, see if we can find out what is going on.

The missing animation or image, I cannot seem to find. I checked everything associated with all spiders and their animations, nothing is out of place or missing. If anyone else encounters the issue, do let me know where it is (where it occurs, specifically) so I can try to narrow it down!
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby feyone2 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:35 pm

Hi Eternal, I uninstalled and re downloaded the game but the problem of saving persists. I started from the old save file and saved in the 2nd space almost straight away - played a bit more and tried to save but it wouldn't save in a new space or overwrite the previous ones. I don't know if it would be different if I started from a new game. I'm playing on Windows 10.
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Eternal » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:23 am

feyone2 wrote:Hi Eternal, I uninstalled and re downloaded the game but the problem of saving persists. I started from the old save file and saved in the 2nd space almost straight away - played a bit more and tried to save but it wouldn't save in a new space or overwrite the previous ones. I don't know if it would be different if I started from a new game. I'm playing on Windows 10.

Alrighty, send me your save by PM and I'll see if there's anything odd on it.

As a side note, are you running the game as administrator or in any sort of compatability mode? Are permissions set up alright on your OS and the game?
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:11 am

I restarted the game, and discovered another glitch. In Jastamune City I get 3 quests - didn't do them the first time I played the game, so didn't know about this glitch:

The three quests: kill a 3-headed wolf, kill a fire pixie and kill an ice pixie (this quest is by Quillion,and is the one in the southern part of Jastamune Forest). I found the 3-headed wolf at Jastamune Clearing, and the fire pixie (at the northern part of the forest, but I can't find the ice pixie in the southern part of Jastamune Forest.

I went from the town all the way down to the very end (to the southern part of the forest) several times, and not once encountered the red bubble aka ice pixie.

--- --- ---

About the difference in names I mentioned before - here is the first one: I am at the Herador Inn, where Asha is now staying, and we are off to the lighthouse. I am talking to Christina first, who answers me with: "Neither do I. Zajre, are you ready?" And Blaize answers: "Eh... Couldn't be more ready, I suppose."

That was the first time I noticed the difference in names.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Eternal » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Brilliant, yes - also found that issue with the ice pixie with someone else. The fix will be uploaded soon :)

Also, the save issue appears to be an issue with Windows 10 permissions. I think a sensible fix would be myself providing a collection of saves from the very start of the game that people can copy over to their game, to save over.

If you notice any more issues, let me know so I can add them to the update!

Thanks, and Merry Christmas :D
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:37 am

Merry Christmas to you too, Eternal.

About the difference in names - here is another one: whenever Christina and her brother Blaize power up and then attack together, they call each other by their fantasy names or whatever it's called, not by their modern names I am using. Sometimes their fantasy names are also displayed instead of the modern ones.
And when I am in the Nam-Crash-Passage, they also use the fantasy names when they talk to each other. But it's no big deal for me, I just wanted to let you know that although we can choose modern names, most of the time they don't call each other by those names.

--- --- ---

OK, just came across another one of those "no graphics found" messages. Didn't come across this one before, but may have been because I haven't fought this one particular enemy. It's a spider again. This one is in Kirita Forest (not the same forest as the other one - that one was the Ancient Forest). I just finished fighting a few enemies in the Caves of Kirita, and came out again. Going left, there is a spider. I was engaging in battle with the spider, when this message came up:

"Unable to find file:
Graphics/Animations/State6"

After which the game closed down. When I went back into the game and went to the same place where I encountered the spider (just left of the entrance of the cave), it was a bear this time I had to fight. Exactly as it was with the 2 spiders in the other forest. First they were spiders, but the graphic files couldn't be found, and then the blue bubble turned into a bear.

ETA: OK this happened twice now in Kirita Forest. The second time it happened was where I took on the boss, at the bottom left. Next to it was another blue bubble. It's the Greendeath Spider. That's the one where the exact same "unable to find file" message comes up. Only this time when I went back into the game, the spider was still a spider and didn't turn into a bear. So what I did was use "Escape" to get away from it, and which I will use from now on when I encounter this spider, because I can't seem to fight them.

--- --- ---

more ETA: I am back to where I was where the boss appeared again in the first game: It was "Lord of the Wind" in the Almash Desert South. This time round the Lord of the Wind did not reappear when I came back here after I have been further south to the ruins. And yes, it was the "Ancient Forest" in which I got the graphics message coming up with one of the spiders. I didn't fight them this time round, just used "Escape".

--- --- ---

more ETA: OK, I have been to the blood-soaked battlefield, but before I went back to Bobashta's camp and up to the Final Ascent, I went up to the Jastumine Ruins and made my way back up through the desert (I wanted to buy more potions in the town). That's when those enemies started slashing at me again but did not engage in battle. You know when you first encounter an enemy, they come running at you and you hear that sword sound before you do battle, that's what I get, just the sword sound, but I don't engage in batte. So I decided to just reload the last save file and make my way instead to Bobashta's camp instead trying to get to the town to refill my supply with HP potions.

BUT... oh oh... at the Final Ascent, that's where the enemies don't engage in battle either - just like the last time - they just come at me and I hear the slash sound, but don't do battle. None of the enemies engage on any of the floors, so I have to run away from them to get to the top, which is tricky sometimes, because I come across 2 or 3 of them in the same place, and if they all surround me at the same time, I am stuck and can't move away.

I think there should have been quite a bit of more testing done before the release. There are an awful lot of glitches in the game. I didn't even wanted to mention that in the first game I played, I didn't get to fight the Honour Ark in the airship. Bobashta just died and that was it, without me having to fight him. But when I reloaded the save file, I did engange in the fight with the Honour Ark.

BTW, I love those little details you have added, like the foot prints. :) But perhaps you could add Quest Journal to your next game, so I can look up a quest I might have forgotten about.

I hope the above is of some help. That's the best I was able to do.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Kirin » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:04 am

I got the save bug again! It seems to me that every time I close the game, the next time I start it up, it won't allow me to save! I experimented on this and redownloaded the game and made a save and closed the game, but the next time I opened it up, it won't allow me to save anymore. I want to play this game but with all the bugs and glitches rampant all around it, I don't think I'll be able to play this anymore.

Another note, I accepted the Ice Fairy quest in South Jastamune Forest and the Fairy isn't even there. There's too many glitches and bugs on this game for me to enjoy this.
Kirin
Mercenary

Postby Eternal » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Thanks for the additional bug reports!

In regards to the save bug, I totally understand your frustration. I don't think it's actually the fault of the game itself, though, but I really need more information from other people as well, to be able to solve it and find out why it is happening. Can you confirm whether this issue occurs on any Aldorlea-downloaded game (not via Steam) or any other game?

I am going to try to contact other people with Windows 10 operating systems to find out if this a win10-exclusive issue. So far it seems to be.

If you download the save I sent you via email and copy it into the game (rename the number on the end first though, so it does not overwrite something you already have) does it work again?

Again, I have no idea why the game is running into the save bug, but the others are easily fixable. I would very much like to fix the save bug asap as well, though!!

The game went though at least five months of beta testing, so it is seriously disappointing that new ones are being reported :(

EDIT: Right, if you have a Win 10, PM me. I might have some fixes to try out.

EDIT: Got the fix! It isn't a game issue, it's a Windows 10 issue!

Where you install the game -> program files(x86) -> BeyondReality -> right-click this folder, then click security. On every account listed, set all of the permissions to allow "write". Then save.

Fixed all the other bugs reported above, except for that one where battles don't restart after the blood-soaked. Do you have a savegame you can send me? (Doesn't matter if it's right at the end, I can still use it) @ Vald
Also, yes, I'll use a questlog in future games!
Eternal
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:31 pm

Eternal, I would have PMed you the .save file which sees me at the blood-soaked battlefield - which is just before I encounter the non-battles of the blue bubbles, but I have no idea how to do that. There is no "Attachment", so I don't know how to copy a save file.
Valdy
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers