Echoes of Aetheria

Echoes of Aetheria

Postby Indinera » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:13 pm

ECHOES OF AETHERIA

$14.99 only!

Image Image

Get the Guide:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Or ... ID=2618061

This is the latest game by Dancing Dragon Games, of Skyborn and Deadly Sin fame.

SUMMARY:

Echoes of Aetheria has a humble, perhaps even classic, beginning. A wedding interrupted, a bride kidnapped; our heroes give chase. Though their motives are different, they soon find themselves thrown together as their simple quest to recover the bride spirals into an epic saga of war, love, and betrayal.

Treason, defection, rebellion, and even the creation of a new nation are all parts in which you’ll have a role to play. As you progress further, the scope of the story will grow with your heroes. By the end, you’ll have to weigh your decisions and their consequences against the fate of entire nations.

FEATURES:

Characters Make the Story – Echoes of Aetheria is more than just a story; it’s a tale about people. Every character has fully fleshed out dreams, goals, motivations, and flaws. These characters exist in a world with its own legends, intrigue, and drama. In turn, this sets the stage for our story, which begins as a whimsical light-hearted adventure and ends as an epic campaign of unprecedented size and scope.

There's No Place Like Home – As you travel around the world, you’ll always have a home base to return to. This home is more than just a place to hang your hat; it’s the hub on which the wheel of the story spins. Shop, craft, and converse with members of your party to progress story elements. Participate in the Battle Arena combat challenges for fun, loot, and xp!

Explore Like Magellan – Finding loot from exploration is only one reward; you gain experience from these hidden caches as well. Take the time to explore the world and be rewarded in full!

Get Busy Crafting – THOUSANDS of items can be crafted, salvaged, or augmented. A fully integrated crafting system lets you create, purchase, or sell the materials you need. Those who fully explore the system will be rewarded in combat!

Random Encounters? Not Here! – Enemies all have their own map AI. Will you brute force through encounters or stealthily sneak by to save resources? You can sneak up behind an enemy to gain the advantage of surprise. But be wary, because they can also sneak up on you!

A New Battle System – Tired of JRPGs that still rely on outdated RPG mechanics? Echoes of Aetheria features a new 15 tile combat system using both sides of the battlefield. Character position and formations are just as important as the skills and spells you’ll use.

Sweeping Orchestral Sound – Our epic soundtrack will keep you enjoying every last note.

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Echoes of Aetheria

Postby Valdy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:33 am

Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! Thanks, Indi. Have been waiting for this game for ever. +::Thumbup

ETA: I played the demo, which was very short. I found the new way of battle a little confusing, and unnecessarily overdone. Didn't care for the "moves" I can make, and I prefer a simple "fight" tab from which I can scroll down the list to see the options available. But I suppose one can get used to it.

A bit of a spoiler?
Also didn't care that my female character died in just about every fight, because her HP was far too low. A little too uneven for my liking. And yes, I was told to "move" behind the guy, but that's all a little too much for me. I just want to be able to engage in fight without having to use strategy. I will never make it through this way. End of spoiler - if it was one.

more ETA: Forgot to mention: there is no difficulty mode. "Skyborn" had a choice of Easy, Normal, and Hard. :(
Oh, and the SKIP button doesn't work for the cut scenes.

OK, I am baffled. I went over to Dancing Dragon, and was moved to the Steam forum when I clicked on the forum sign. Well, that's not what baffled me, but that someone asked whether they should start the game in "Hard" mode. Now, I checked and rechecked, but there are no difficulty modes in my version of the game.

--- --- ---

I read the features at Steam, which tells me more than what I get to read here, and among others it says:

-Difficulty levels can change at any time.

Does that mean that if I choose "Easy", for example (which I can't, because difficulty modes are not in my game), the difficulty mode can change to "Hard" any time?

And it says:

-Cutscene skip - if you want to just speed things along, all cutscenes have a skip button!

That didn't work for me at all.

And lastly:

-You heal after every battle!

Now that's what I like. +::Thumbup
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Katie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:12 am

When I heard this game was from the makers of Skyborn, I was going to buy it, but when I read tactical/strategy type fighting, sorry no buy. I don't care for that type of fighting. I love to fight, kick the enemy's butt, and get on with the game. Like Vald said, the scroll menu. I love all the features but that. I'll catch the next game especially if Indie does it. thanks.
Katie
Bard

Postby Eva » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:53 pm

I agree with everything Vald and Katie said. Do not like this type of battles. I really really liked Skyborn and was hoping this would be like that game but it is nothing like it. I also need a choice of difficulty mode. Sorry..no buy on this one for me.
Eva
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:18 pm

I downloaded the demo and played a little. It's an excellent game, really, I am impressed.

While everyone here disliked the battle system, I liked it. It's not much different from the other games, the only difference is that there is a TP gauge and that you can move your characters in battle, but it's not like a Tactic RPG game (like Final Fantasy Tactics for example) which you have to move closer to the enemy in order to deal some damage, but as everyone has different opinions.

The developer of this game must have gone through really hard work in this game, cause it's a really well done RPG Maker game and in my opinion the game is great. The arts in the game, for those who doesn't know, were made by Saehral (the same artist who made the arts for the Millennium games and also Dreamscape), nice artworks. I also liked the music, it reminded me of Final Fantasy XII which had one of the best scores of the entire Final Fantasy series. There are lots of other things which I enjoyed like the menu interface, title screen, sound effects etc... but won't mention all in here.

There is only one complaint, the whole steampunk universe is awesome, it's my favorite kind of atmosphere, that's why Final Fantasy 9 is my favorite FF. But in this game, I just felt like playing Skyborn with other characters, it looks the same, but oh well.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Valdy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:51 am

LOL It's no wonder D-Squall likes the battles and us gals don't. This game seems to be aimed mainly at the male gamers. ;)

And yes, it looks and feels - even the music is almost the same - just like Skyborn. I love Skyborn, and have been looking forward to seeing this game come out.

When my male character first told my female character to move behind him, I tried to do that, but failed. In the meantime the enemies were shooting and slashing away on Ingrid and killed her before she had a chance to do anything else. I don't care for fights that need strategy and planning ahead. What do I know about how far my characters have to move away from the enemy in order not to get beaten up too badly. Alas... this is not what I had been hoping for.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:15 am

About Ingrid I just moved her behind the main character, it all worked well later.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Valdy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:36 am

I wasn't very good at the moving part, D-Squall, and would have preferred not to have to do that in order for Ingrid not to die.

About the difficulty modes: I just popped over to the Steam forum again, and someone asked about them. And this is what was said:
"How it works is, you do the intro mission on normal, and then after that every mission you get from that point on will give you choice of difficulty before you start, so you can't miss it."

I am not sure why we can choose a difficulty mode each time we get a new mission. Why not allow us right from the start to play in the mode we want to play in. I know, I know... someone might start out with Easy mode, and then wants to continue in a harder mode. Well, I always only ever play in Easy mode. LOL
Anyway, that should have been explained in a mini tutorial.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby feyone2 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:59 am

I'm enjoying the game so far but am having a problem with the world map starting the next section.
After speaking with the Captain before embarking to fight the rebels it cuts to the world map and gives details about Home Base etc and says click on the crossed sword symbol to start the new section of the game but nothing happens. I try clicking on the movable bar and on the crossed swords, also I can only use the mouse with it though I've been using the arrow keys for everything else. If someone can help me that would be fantastic! Thanks in advance.
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby feyone2 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:38 am

Solved my own problem! I'd disabled the mouse but now that I've re enabled it I can move forward! +::YAY
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Nyx » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:52 pm

As a "gal" I find this game intriguing. (IMO so far Skyborn was better). I am playing in Normal mode and am having difficulty beating the three tower guards but this is a learning curve and I will prevail !!!!!! +::Dance

n
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Re: New RPG: Echoes of Aetheria, forging

Postby cliobio » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:09 pm

I'm at the Jungle Camp after going through Whamalash Swamp, but find that I can only forge armor. I've got linen and leather, wood and coal, would like to forge some leather gloves for Ingrid, but the forge will not let me "combine". Do I have to be a certain level for this skill?
cliobio
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:59 am

Oh hey... I have finally mastered the moves on the grid. Once I knew how to do it, it was easy. :) And I am now also used to the sideways list of actions we get instead of the scroller. Also, the demo is much longer than I thought. I didn't realise that you could play the demo in stages or buy the game before it ends.

Well... it looks a little too military for me, but I have quite enjoyed the FULL demo, and will buy the game. +::Thumbup You can definitely associate the characters in this game with those in Skyborn, which I have no problems with, because I loved those characters.

--- --- ---

Just wanted to add that I have now bought and downloaded the full version, and started again from the beginning, and the SKIP button still doesn't work. Not that it's a big deal for me, but it's there, so it should work.

--- --- ---

ETA: I have now played for quite a while, and... wow !! what a game. Haven't had as much fun since Skyborn. LOL

No really, I love this game. I was initially put off by the way the fights were done, and I really don't care for all that crafting and augments and all that - just give me a choice of good weapons and armour, and I am happy - but once I got used to the new way of battle, I started to enjoy the game. :)

Skip still doesn't work though...

--- --- ---

Forgot to mention: whenever you move to the next place on the world map, that's when you get to choose your difficulty mode. They are: Easy, Normal, Hard.
Last edited by Valdy on Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby RabbiG » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:14 pm

Nyx wrote:As a "gal" I find this game intriguing. (IMO so far Skyborn was better). I am playing in Normal mode and am having difficulty beating the three tower guards but this is a learning curve and I will prevail !!!!!! +::Dance

n

I got stuck there too. After playing it about 10 times I figured a strategy that was workable. And now I know how to use it to my advantage when needed. I like the game but am having some difficulties making sure I get the best stuff. As for your battle, I don't remember the details but Soha can win this for you. Have you placed a barrier in front? Can't remember if you have that skill at this level, but the enemies all attack it instead of you so it gives you time to regroup or heal.
RabbiG
Wanderer

Postby RabbiG » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:18 pm

HELP! I am stuck in the desert (going thru a second time for the special goodies) and can't remember how to exit back to the home board. I've been in this thing for an hour now fighting enemies that I get little or no reward for and with no way out that I can find. Anyone???
RabbiG
Wanderer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers