Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Deal

I am trapped

Postby GrannyC » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:24 pm

I got Jonathan's Ancient Glasses, read the instructions on the back wall and got the flowers, powder and book. I can place the book on the alter and sprinkle the powder on the water but how do I give her the flowers? I am trapped!
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Re: I am trapped

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:09 pm

GrannyC wrote:I got Jonathan's Ancient Glasses, read the instructions on the back wall and got the flowers, powder and book. I can place the book on the alter and sprinkle the powder on the water but how do I give her the flowers? I am trapped!

Interact with the base of the statue of the goddess and the flower will be placed automatically.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Re: The Deal

Postby GrannyC » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:16 am

Oh thanks. It was driving me crazy. I clicked on everything in there except there.
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:09 am

GrannyC wrote:Oh thanks. It was driving me crazy. I clicked on everything in there except there.

Never worry in The Deal; nothing really traps you in this game (as a bug or glitch) and well... everything is a bit on the easy side, after you explore a bit or do some side quests. Just be sure to interact either with everything (when necessary) or mulitple times with something (again, when necessary).
Last edited by OrfeasGS on Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby GrannyC » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Well I finally finished the game and enjoyed it so much that I am replaying it. I need the red orb and forgot where I found the red witch before. Could some one please help? Thanks
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:50 pm

GrannyC wrote:Well I finally finished the game and enjoyed it so much that I am replaying it. I need the red orb and forgot where I found the red witch before. Could some one please help? Thanks

My notes say
Spoiler: show
Quest #21-The Red Witch Quest (Red Essence)
Travel to the cave east of Sapphire City. This is the cave that appeared when you obtained both the Mysterious Map and the Enchanted Quill.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby GrannyC » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:23 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
GrannyC wrote:Well I finally finished the game and enjoyed it so much that I am replaying it. I need the red orb and forgot where I found the red witch before. Could some one please help? Thanks

My notes say
Travel to the cave east of Sapphire City. This is the cave that appeared when you obtained both the Mysterious Map and the Enchanted Quill.

Sorry that is not right. The mysterious map and the quill reveal a forest east of Sapphire city and that is where I got the blue orb. I am still looking for the red orb.
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:44 pm

GrannyC wrote:Sorry that is not right. The mysterious map and the quill reveal a forest east of Sapphire city and that is where I got the blue orb. I am still looking for the red orb.

I didn't mean to lead you on a wild goose chase. Sometimes my notes make perfect sense to me when I'm writing them and the game is fresh in my mind, but may not be as clear some time later. While you're waiting for someone with better info, here is all I have in my notes regarding the 2 witches. Maybe something will trigger your memory.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Good Ending Only
You may now seek out the two witches. Actually, you could have completed these quests some time ago, but delaying until now gives you a save point much later in the game to pick up for both endings.

Return to the Newly-found Ruins and enter the Ancient Building side. Repair the mirror with the cursed mirror piece. Perhaps the little girl was right when she said her doll walks and talks...

Quest #22-The Blue Witch Quest (Blue Essence)

You can use the two essences back in one of the Chaac trial buildings. You'll find another Card Mage and one more treasure chest.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:12 pm

The Red Essence (red orb) will be found after you defeat the dark witch Lady Brumhildeagar. How can you find her?

1] In Forest Town, do the quest for the little girl to the far east of the town. She will need you to find her doll; it's in the pub, on the counter.
2] In your Camp, after you visit Sapphire Town for the first time, enter the newly opened Pub (Mina's Pub). Talk to the little girl again. You will be sent to an instanced quest in Forest Town to find her doll, again. It's in the well! She will give you the doll as a reward.
3] Have Myrella's Enchanted Mantle.
4] Equip Myrella with it and enter the Newly-found Ruins. Use the blue pad and, thus, a new passage to the small building will be available to you.
5] Go to the Archeologists and talk to the lady at the bottom right of the screen. She will give you a mirror piece.
6] Leave the area until you are in the overworld.
7] Reenter the Newly-found Ruins, towards the abandoned building.
8] Interact with the mirror, solve the mystery there and defeat the dark witch.
9] You need both the Red and Blue Essence to open a secret passage in Chaac's trial caves, after reading a green panel there.

I know it's a long task, but these chain quests are supposed to challenge your exploration and adventuring prowess! Happy gaming with our first ever game! It makes me happy that people are still playing and enjoying The Deal! It makes me want to make a sequel!!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby GrannyC » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:18 pm

Thanks, I finally found it. Thanks so very much. I have now played all 3 of your games twice. I am looking forward to 3what you come up with next. +::heart
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Postby Aggeliki » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:37 pm

i decided to buy this game, though i know i am too late, in fact i am three years late haha!

i loved the game!!!congratulations Orfea! (are you Greek? I am Greek too..)
i loved the greek names of items and spells, i loved the idea of a camp and the artifact discovering! the battle system is very nice and generally, my 12 hours of gameplay were worth of their money! (i kinda missed secret rooms i admit..)
now i have to play all of your other games! +::biggrin +::heart

i hope you still read this forum +::wizard
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby OrfeasGS » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:56 pm

Aggeliki wrote:i decided to buy this game, though i know i am too late, in fact i am three years late haha!

i loved the game!!!congratulations Orfea! (are you Greek? I am Greek too..)
i loved the greek names of items and spells, i loved the idea of a camp and the artifact discovering! the battle system is very nice and generally, my 12 hours of gameplay were worth of their money! (i kinda missed secret rooms i admit..)
now i have to play all of your other games! +::biggrin +::heart

i hope you still read this forum +::wizard

I'm very glad you liked it, Aggeliki! My first two games did not feature any secret rooms, like my later ones! "The Prophecy Lies!" has anoother camp-like system, so I guess you will like that too!

PS: By the way, yes, I am Greek as well! +::heart
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Grelka » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:38 pm

I am very much enjoying this game! Got it over on Steam and thought it looked interesting, almost did not get it because I was not sure if it would run on my PC (I am running Linux) and I found no info on if it ran with Steam Proton, but decided to get it anyway, after some testing with different Steam Proton versions I got it working wonderfully with Steam Proton 3.16-9.

I love that it is like the RPG's I grew up with in the 80s and 90s, I am a big fan of Final Fantasy 4, 6 (2 and 3 in the US) and 7 (before they remade it). For your very first game it was very good, and scratched that itch for old school RPGs!

I do wounder if anyone has made a detailed walkthrough, I read that there is more then one ending and also secret stuff you can miss. And even if I don't normally use a walkthrough (unless I get stuck) the first time I play a game I do like having them around for when I replay a game (to get as close to 100% as I can) or to use if I get stuck. It would also be nice to have a list of all weapons, gear and other items and what is good to keep for what character and what is just vender fodder, I have been spoiled in my old age with the internet and all the different places you can find detailed walkthroughs.

Again, great game! +::Thumbup
Grelka
Peasant

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers