Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Deal

Re: New RPG: The Deal

Postby OrfeasGS » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:18 pm

briony wrote:please could you help me with 4 questions -
I have got the peresphone chains but not sure if these are the ones needed for the gate in the Bandits' area-
also have red essence and a blue essence but not sure what I do with them
and cannot find the "retrieve lunchbox" quest- who or what do I ask
last I found 2 red squares with rocks on them in front of caves in the long lost caves but how do I get into them
-many thanks

Hi! I have answered these questions previously in this thread. If anyone has any questions regarding questing, pretty much everything has already been explained here. Nevertheless, here are the answers again for your leisure:

1) Persephone's Chains
Spoiler: show
These are just for selling. The Bandit's Hideout Otherworld Gate requires the Prometheus' Chains. (Prometheus' Chains was a Plot Item while you where trying to enter Karydos. You needed to give these chains to Sheila, in order to get an entry pass for Karydos. After you return them to her, you are not able to access that Otherworld Gate any more.)

2) Red & Blue Essence
These two Key Items are required to enter a secret room in Chaac's Valley. Entering a cave trial, you can see a Green Panel for Jonathan to read. The instructions on the panel are to place the two essences on the altar there. After placing both Essences, a new room will appear.

3) Lunchbox
The Lunchbox quest starts from a girl in your Camp. The girl is to the right of the Pub. She is a "traditional" quest; that means that she has the quest icon above her head and you can complete it whenever you want. The quest is available to you after defeating Goran in the Chamber (Chaac's Valley).

4) Closed off caverns in Long-lost Caves
These are decorative tiles, to indicate that the Long-lost Caves are actually an ancient city and not just some random ruins. You cannot enter theses small caverns.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby briony » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:29 am

many thanks for the help- btw - great game
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby briony » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:06 am

Finished game now but have a couple of questions:
1. the 2 witches quests _: red, blue are those the 2 dark witches eg Lady Brom and Janeria
also did the around the town - got fruit bar, lute and oil lamp- gave out the first 2 but to whom do I give the oil lamp ?
am going to replay game to get the demonic ending - had all the best equipment for all my characters except the book of truth and Malaver's Chiton
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:22 pm

briony wrote:Finished game now but have a couple of questions:
1. the 2 witches quests _: red, blue are those the 2 dark witches eg Lady Brom and Janeria
also did the around the town - got fruit bar, lute and oil lamp- gave out the first 2 but to whom do I give the oil lamp ?
am going to replay game to get the demonic ending - had all the best equipment for all my characters except the book of truth and Malaver's Chiton

The receptionist at the academy complained to you about poor eyesight from trying to read in the dark at night. You'll get Malaver's Chiton when you complete this quest. The Book of Truth is given to you if and when you have read all the pages of every book you encounter. If you fail to get it, the Book of Times is a close second in power.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby dad33 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:05 pm

demonic ending. told to trap lady. I kill her. How do I trap her? I do not see any skills that would allow me to do this.
dad33
Wanderer

Postby Xena » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:11 pm

Howls fron the sea - Side Quest

I have completed most of the captains side quests - from the camp, but there is one where I seem to have got stuck on the island with no way to get off!!

In "Howls form the Sea" I stopped at the first island I came to - which has a large cave like opening. Have cleared out the monsters and items to find, also checked all areas of the sea border with island, but am now unable to get back into the boat to check anywhere else for the monster, as every time I try to walk to boat, I just keep going back down to teh cave below. I can exit using the Carcas card, but if I try to do the quest again, I just get taken to forest town harbour, with no boat or captain there. I do have a save game which is on the island - before using the exit card, but there is no way that I can get back in the boat. Have checked that there is nothing left in the cave below.

What am I doing wrong?? HELP.
Xena
Peasant

Postby txmimi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:11 pm

I downloaded the demo, but it runs very jerky on my computer. Is there a way to fix this?
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby OrfeasGS » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Hello all!

@dad33 That's the demonic ending.
Cyrus and his friends actually misunderstood Jarah's proposal and, thus, they actually defeat Her and that's the ending.

@Xena We answered your e-mail. We need screenshots to understand what's going on, since no other player had any problems with that quest.

@txmimi Check out the FPS Synch option that we have in the Options menu. If things don't go better, your computer simply cannot run RPGMaker MV games.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby briony » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:06 am

I
Xena wrote:Howls fron the sea - Side Quest

I have completed most of the captains side quests - from the camp, but there is one where I seem to have got stuck on the island with no way to get off!!

In "Howls form the Sea" I stopped at the first island I came to - which has a large cave like opening. Have cleared out the monsters and items to find, also checked all areas of the sea border with island, but am now unable to get back into the boat to check anywhere else for the monster, as every time I try to walk to boat, I just keep going back down to teh cave below. I can exit using the Carcas card, but if I try to do the quest again, I just get taken to forest town harbour, with no boat or captain there. I do have a save game which is on the island - before using the exit card, but there is no way that I can get back in the boat. Have checked that there is nothing left in the cave below.

Xena - where did you put the boat - if it is in the wrong place you cannot get back to the boat- so you need to put the boat above the hole more to the north-east side
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby kimo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:19 pm

briony wrote:I

Xena - where did you put the boat - if it is in the wrong place you cannot get back to the boat- so you need to put the boat above the hole more to the north-east side

Xena,
If you dock your boat on the left side of that island, you can get into the hole, but not back to the boat. It also happened to me and I had to reload the save file from just before entering the hole. If the lower one of those palm trees was removed by the designer, there would be no problem with where you left the boat.
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:28 pm

kimo wrote:
briony wrote:I

Xena,
If you dock your boat on the left side of that island, you can get into the hole, but not back to the boat. It also happened to me and I had to reload the save file from just before entering the hole. If the lower one of those palm trees was removed by the designer, there would be no problem with where you left the boat.

Exactly. The same happens if you enter from the right side without having the Pickaxe key item. An update will be coming this week for this. If someone is stuck there and doesn't have a previous save file, send us an e-mail to send you the new and fixed map of the area.

If anyone finds any other minor design flaws or bugs in the game, drop us an e-mail, please, so that we can fix it as soon as possible. Just click the contact link on my signature.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby kimo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:28 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I spent some time opening treasure chests and made a list of what I found. Some items are much better than others, so it may be worth your time to save before opening a chest and then reloading until you get one of the better items. Donna, especially, benefits greatly from what can be found in the treasure chests.

Pretty good, but not the best, items
Spatha
Rapier
Kopis
Robe of Protection
Ceremonial Robe
Demonic Hat
Crystal Armor
Decorated Shield
Academic Boots
Robe of the Wind
Ancient Magic Robe
Ancient Magic Book
Hat of Protection
1500G

Best Items
Book of Times (Jonathan), Book of Truth is better but you can't get that until near end of game
Chaac's Mace (Donna)
Sword of Light (Cyrus), Charged Sword is better but you can't get that until near end of game
Carca's National Hat (Donna)
Crystal Shield (Donna)
Ceremonial Hat (Myrella and Jonathan)
Secret Ritual Robe (Myrella and Jonathan), replace with Malaver's Chiton near end of game
Divine Gloves (Jonathan-Holy Judgement)
Promethean Torch (Myrella-Prometheus' Revenge)
Traveler's Headband (Cyrus)
Ancient Carcan Armor (Donna)

Thank you very much for making this list. It has been very helpful. I also found the following items in treasure chests:
Strange Rod – (Myrella) MP huge increase +450MP. Big drop in stats.
Ceremonial Ring (All characters) – All stats +3 UP from gold bracelet.
Protector’s Rod – (Myrella - Magic Wall) and raises stats (lowers ATK)
Demonic Rod – (Myrella – Darkness All) ATK, LUK down, other stats up. MP +25. (Best Item category?)
Note: The Promethean Torch can be equipped by ALL characters

aloha,
kimo
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

charging crystaline sword

Postby kimo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:21 pm

I charged the sword in Chaaks Valley area, but the Old Caves (first charge point?) are now collapsed because it is late in the game. Have I overlooked an access point, or is this a limited time quest?

Also, where the heck is the oil lamp. I never found it and I look virtually everywhere.

I'm trying to tie up loose ends before I enter the final forest area. Any advice?

aloha,
kimo
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby briony » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:17 am

Kimo

The second step in charging the Crystalline Blade is to revisit the Chaac's Mountain Range then:

1. Step into the gate.
2. Go to the upper right crypt and down the ladder.
3. Step into the first blue light to travel to the other side.
4. Follow the red arrows till you can access the arrow that takes you to the green light.
5. Touch the crystal and fight the Rainbow Crystal Dragon.

Congratulations! You now have a Charged Blade. Remember to save and equip
The oil lamp you from a person when you do all the lunchbox quests
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Re: charging crystaline sword

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:10 am

kimo wrote:I charged the sword in Chaaks Valley area, but the Old Caves (first charge point?) are now collapsed because it is late in the game. Have I overlooked an access point, or is this a limited time quest?

Also, where the heck is the oil lamp. I never found it and I look virtually everywhere.

I'm trying to tie up loose ends before I enter the final forest area. Any advice?

aloha,
kimo

Generally, the first place to charge is the old caves. You should still be able to visit that area. Did you ever get the rope from the gentleman in Forest Town who wanted a crystal charged? If you have the rope, enter the old caves and look for a place to drop it near the blue crystal area in the second screen you can enter.

As for the oil lamp, you'll first need a lunchbox. Have you done the quest for the experimental mage standing outside her home to the right of the pub? Once you have the lunchbox in your inventory, click on it. Do you remember someone who was hungry and wished for a fruity snack?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers