Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Deal

Re: New RPG: The Deal

Postby OrfeasGS » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Vald wrote:Oh I see. I was wondering why the full game starts inside the cave. Well, that's a relief. I thought there was something wrong. Thank you very much for the quick reply and for this great game. +::Thumbup

Always happy to help and extremely happy that you actually enjoy the game! +::YAY
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:54 pm

Of course, now that I think about it, I was surprised to be already on level 15 with a huge amount of HP to my group's name while playing the demo. +::whistle
Valdy
Explorer

Keeps kicking me out

Postby sandie1000 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Played only 39 minutes and have been kicked out at least 50 times. Thankfully I save often. Is there something that can be done to minimize the getting kicked out of the game?

Thanks
sandie1000
Bard

Re: Keeps kicking me out

Postby OrfeasGS » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:00 pm

sandie1000 wrote:Played only 39 minutes and have been kicked out at least 50 times. Thankfully I save often. Is there something that can be done to minimize the getting kicked out of the game?

Thanks

Hello and thank you for contacting us. There are no problems with the code of the game, as far as I can tell. Both our game studio and Aldorlea have tested it. It will not close for no reason. Can you reinstall it and see if that fixes the issues, please? To uninstall the game, you can navigate to Program Files(x86)/Orfeas Game Studio/The Deal/uninstall.exe.

Furthermore, these are the minimum requirements for your laptop/PC to be able to run the game. If you do not meet them, you will be experiencing problems:

CPU: Intel Celeron Dual Core N2840 or better (dual core clocked at 1.8 GHz or better)
GPU: Baytrail Integrated Graphics (Notebook), Geforce 9500gt (Desktop, 2007)
RAM: At least 1GB
Diskspace: At least 500Mb of diskspace
OS: Windows Vista or newer (The game can most likely work on Windows XP, too, but it cannot be tested by us.)
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:20 pm

I like the game. While it's not an epic, it is certainly an enjoyable game with endearing characters and dialogue. The dungeons are small and manageable and side quests are quick. The game is a nice diversion and isn't that why we play games. :)

I do experience the occasional shut down without warning as Sandie noted, though certainly not as frequently. I wish I could tell you what triggers the shut down but there doesn't seem to be a pattern. Sometimes it's when I'm exiting (escaping) from the menu, other times it's when I'm traveling from one screen to the next. It does always seem to happen when there's a change in the graphic screen, it's never happened in the middle of walking around, for example, unless a new area is being loaded. Like Sandie, I save often, and I can't say it detracts from my enjoyment of the game. Some monster sprites, only a few, do seem to make battles run less than smoothly, but again, not enough to make me walk away from the game, especially when you consider the game's price tag. Running Windows 10.

I do have a 'help question:' I'm having trouble navigating the Forgotten Forest as every exit seems to loop back or exit to the world. In the New Ancient Ruins, I can get inside the Ancient Building, but I can't seem to find a mirror piece. Which area should I be focusing on first? Cyrus has had his second encounter with the demon which was triggered by entering the Forgotten Forest, and I'm not getting the "Guys, let's just get out of here, we don't belong here" messages, so I'm assuming it's not too early to explore the Forgotten Forest.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:35 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I like the game. While it's not an epic, it is certainly an enjoyable game with endearing characters and dialogue. The dungeons are small and manageable and side quests are quick. The game is a nice diversion and isn't that why we play games. :)

I do experience the occasional shut down without warning as Sandie noted, though certainly not as frequently. I wish I could tell you what triggers the shut down but there doesn't seem to be a pattern. Sometimes it's when I'm exiting (escaping) from the menu, other times it's when I'm traveling from one screen to the next. It does always seem to happen when there's a change in the graphic screen, it's never happened in the middle of walking around, for example, unless a new area is being loaded. Like Sandie, I save often, and I can't say it detracts from my enjoyment of the game. Some monster sprites, only a few, do seem to make battles run less than smoothly, but again, not enough to make me walk away from the game, especially when you consider the game's price tag. Running Windows 10.

I do have a 'help question:' I'm having trouble navigating the Forgotten Forest as every exit seems to loop back or exit to the world. In the New Ancient Ruins, I can get inside the Ancient Building, but I can't seem to find a mirror piece. Which area should I be focusing on first? Cyrus has had his second encounter with the demon which was triggered by entering the Forgotten Forest, and I'm not getting the "Guys, let's just get out of here, we don't belong here" messages, so I'm assuming it's not too early to explore the Forgotten Forest.

Hello and thank you for all the info. I will be looking at the code of the game again, because these crashes feel unnatural. And about the monster sprites that slow down the battle, I think the culprit is a specific ancient spirit enemy...

Regarding the help questions:
A) For the mirror piece, try revisiting the archeologists, maybe a person is feeling better and can help you there. ;)
B) If you already had the second encounter with the demon, you are closing in to the ending. Try and do all the side quests, to be 100% ready to go! In the Forgotten Forest, just interact with the statue of the goddess. You will be giving her "the key" and you will be travelling to the Otherworld.
C) I hope you got the ancient artifacts and explored the optional dungeons, otherwise the game may feel a bit... short.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:55 pm

OrfeasGS wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:I like the game. While it's not an epic, it is certainly an enjoyable game with endearing characters and dialogue. The dungeons are small and manageable and side quests are quick. The game is a nice diversion and isn't that why we play games. :)

Hello and thank you for all the info. I will be looking at the code of the game again, because these crashes feel unnatural. And about the monster sprites that slow down the battle, I think the culprit is a specific ancient spirit enemy...

Regarding the help questions:
A) For the mirror piece, try revisiting the archeologists, maybe a person is feeling better and can help you there. ;)
B) If you already had the second encounter with the demon, you are closing in to the ending. Try and do all the side quests, to be 100% ready to go! In the Forgotten Forest, just interact with the statue of the goddess. You will be giving her "the key" and you will be travelling to the Otherworld.
C) I hope you got the ancient artifacts and explored the optional dungeons, otherwise the game may feel a bit... short.

And I just came back to say I did find the portal. I'll take your advice and revisit all cities/camp/etc. to be sure I haven't left any quests behind. Thanks for the quick reply. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby feyone2 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:32 pm

Hi there! I'm the one who originally reported the crashes. I'm still playing the game but it's very annoying having it suddenly close and quite frequently. I have windows 10 and a wireless keyboard and mouse plus a game monitor, so I doubt it's my hardware. I rarely have problems with games behaving in this fashion the last time was a couple of years ago with my old XP.
Is reinstalling it likely to help?
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:44 pm

feyone2 wrote:Hi there! I'm the one who originally reported the crashes. I'm still playing the game but it's very annoying having it suddenly close and quite frequently. I have windows 10 and a wireless keyboard and mouse plus a game monitor, so I doubt it's my hardware. I rarely have problems with games behaving in this fashion the last time was a couple of years ago with my old XP.
Is reinstalling it likely to help?

Hello, again! Since it's not your hardware, I can't see why you have this problem, so it's most likely a bad installation, to be honest. Before sending the game to Aldorlea, it was tested on various PCs and none had any problem. Before uninstalling, though, try and run it as an administrator (right-click on the icon, choose "run as administrator"). Did you have the same problem with the Demo version, by the way? The Demo is very resource intensive on its own, too.

PS: I have to say that you're truly a hero(ine) playing with the constant danger of a kick out! +::Thumbup
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:07 am

I did have it drop out once in the demo but was sufficiently interested to buy it anyway! I'll try reinstalling it.
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby txpeach » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:51 am

I purchased this game straight away as I read the monsters don't respawn THANK YOU! In some game I find myself dreading going back somewhere I've been because I keep having to fight the same monsters over and over again. Gets annoying sometimes. Your story line is great! I'm enjoying the graphics. My only issue is in the combat system. Initially, it worked flawlessly. As I progressed however, the keyboard selections didn't really work. I don't know if it was a huge delay in reaction to a keyboard press or if I had to mash the buttons harder and harder each time. I closed the game, rebooted my system and found my keyboard works flawlessly outside of the game. In game however, combat is PAINFULLY SLOW. When not in combat, every thing works perfectly. Any clues and to why this is?
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby OrfeasGS » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:59 am

txpeach wrote:I purchased this game straight away as I read the monsters don't respawn THANK YOU! In some game I find myself dreading going back somewhere I've been because I keep having to fight the same monsters over and over again. Gets annoying sometimes. Your story line is great! I'm enjoying the graphics. My only issue is in the combat system. Initially, it worked flawlessly. As I progressed however, the keyboard selections didn't really work. I don't know if it was a huge delay in reaction to a keyboard press or if I had to mash the buttons harder and harder each time. I closed the game, rebooted my system and found my keyboard works flawlessly outside of the game. In game however, combat is PAINFULLY SLOW. When not in combat, every thing works perfectly. Any clues and to why this is?

Hello and thank you for your support and nice comment. May I ask where you encountered the combat slowness? In which dungeon, I mean.
If you experience slow combat in the Ancient Ruins, it's because of a specific enemy. In the next update, this enemy will be deleted. (it has something to do with the colors and the image coding)
After that area, the battle's speed will become normal again.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

slowness and shutdown

Postby kimo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:50 pm

I agree with the battle slowness problem. There are many demo fights that are PAINFULLY slooooowwww. It will keep me from a purchase even though the price is excellent and I have enjoyed the game so far. It should not take 5 minutes to battle 2 opponents. The ability to move the cursor via keyboard arrows is most likely hampered by too many animations on each screen. For example, I don't need those sparkles to get me to check every place possible.

I am running windows 10 on the following system:
Toshiba Laptop C-55C
Intel N3700, 1.6 GHz, 64bit processor
8Gb memory

Also, your beta testers missed a situation in the demo where the "silence" icon is used in conjunction with the ability to counteract "confusion". Minor, but an indicator of possible future gaming problems testers did not observe/report.

I also had the game shut down once just after saving. The save was sucessful, but......

Just my 1.5 cents because I think there is potential here. +::Thumbup

aloha,
kimo
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: slowness and shutdown

Postby OrfeasGS » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:03 pm

kimo wrote:I agree with the battle slowness problem. There are many demo fights that are PAINFULLY slooooowwww. It will keep me from a purchase even though the price is excellent and I have enjoyed the game so far. It should not take 5 minutes to battle 2 opponents. The ability to move the cursor via keyboard arrows is most likely hampered by too many animations on each screen. For example, I don't need those sparkles to get me to check every place possible.

I am running windows 10 on the following system:
Toshiba Laptop C-55C
Intel N3700, 1.6 GHz, 64bit processor
8Gb memory

Also, your beta testers missed a situation in the demo where the "silence" icon is used in conjunction with the ability to counteract "confusion". Minor, but an indicator of possible future gaming problems testers did not observe/report.

I also had the game shut down once just after saving. The save was sucessful, but......

Just my 1.5 cents because I think there is potential here. +::Thumbup

aloha,
kimo

Hello and thank you for your nice words! Unfortunately, after checking your processor, you are at the exact minimum or lower of the requirements to play the game, that is why the demo battles are slow (by a whooping 0.2-0.3 ghz). :( I'm surprised that not all of them have problems. Thanks for trying out the demo first, before buying.

In general, the demo was made to be intense, to simulate the core game's performace, so if you cannot run the demo properly or you experience lag, you definitely will have problems with the full verion.

PS: I checked about the icon, but couldn't find any issues. Could you direct me to the skill or item that has the problem?

________________________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE
The Deal update. (Version 1.4.7)

Fixes:
*Fixed the Ancient Spirit battle (in-combat) lag with the troop that has three of those. Battle should be in normal speed and responsivity.
*Fixed a tile misplace in the Ruins of Daath dungeon, after the floating mantle artifact was taken.
*Booting up the game is by 1-2 seconds faster now (wow).
*Maybe the final boss is a bit stronger now... maybe.
Potential Fix:
*Some general lag may have been decreased or disappeared completely.

How to:
Q: How do I know if I have the latest version?
A: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Orfeas Game Studio\The Deal\The Deal\The Dealv1.4.7. If the last folder is indeed 1.4.7, then you have the updated version. Otherwise, you can update to the latest version. In general, if you bought the game AFTER this post's date, then you have the newer version.

Q: How to update?
A: Uninstall the current version of the game. Redownload the game and install. Done.

Q: What files will be lost in the process? Saves? Configuration data?
A: Nothing. Your saves and everything else remains intact.

I hope this update will fix some issues with the game. Thanks to everyone who took a minute to write their problems in the forum. Keep in mind of the System Requirements and check out the Demo before purchasing. This game is a bit... taxing on some laptops and PCs and the demo was created with that in mind. If you can't run the demo, then you will not be able to run the game itself.
Be sure, your processor is powerful enough to handle the game. Check cpuboss.com for an analysis of your cpu!
________________________________________________________________________________________________
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby txpeach » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:11 pm

At first, I thought it had to do with going full screen but that is not the case. It's very random. I may have 3-4 fights in a row that it will take upwards of a minute to set each person's selected attack then all is fine again for a fight or two. I'm really enjoying the game but this is ruining it for me.

On another note, I noticed that changing formation does NOT change the attack rotation, and I think it should as most games do this.

Just a silly thing but in Cyrus' Magic Wall description, turns is misspelled - it says truns.
txpeach
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers