Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Deal

Re: New RPG: The Deal

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:33 pm

feyone2 wrote:Hi, I still have a drop out/close suddenly problem but a little less frequently than before reinstalling.
I have a Q. Where do I find the Ancient glasses you mentioned in 1 of your posts? I have most of the other items - so are they essential to completing the game?

Hello and thank you for your patience for the updates. You do have the version 1.4.7, right? The upcoming update will not influence the game's overall performance, sadly - only the in-battle performance will be enhanced. If you have an old monitor, try the FPS Synch option OFF. I hope the drop outs are rare at this point. If you have several programs opened while you're playing the game, consider closing them and start the game again.
About your question: SPOILER AHEAD
Spoiler: show
To acquire the Ancient Glasses, you need Myrella's ancient atrifact - the Enchanted Mantle. Go to the Temple of Light, to the right of the temple's building. There is a blue panel for Myrella to use. After that, go down there with the whole team and you will find a boulder that hides the stairs to the Ancient Temple of Light. Interact with the boulder twice and you will uncover the stairs. Clearing the dungeon, will award you with the Ancient Glasses, Jonathan's ancient artifact.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Re: Stuck in camp

Postby Eva » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:37 pm

I have completed all the captain's quests and also the pub quests. I have talked to everyone, I cannot get the boat or leave the area. What am I doing wrong? +::sos

Thank you so much.. +::YAY
Last edited by Eva on Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eva
Bard

Re: Stuck in camp

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:12 pm

Eva wrote:I have completed all the captain's quests and also the pub quests. I have talked to everyone, I cannot get the boat or leave the area. What am I doing wrong? +::sos

If you're saying that you cannot leave your camp, use your Carca Card item. It's a key item given to you the first time you went to your camp.
Camp Card - Go to Camp
Carca Card - Go back to wherever you where.

EDIT: Solved!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby txpeach » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:46 pm

OrfeasGS wrote:
txpeach wrote:Slow Fights -

Plains Spiders & Plains Snakes even with just 2 of them in a battle

Hello, again! These enemies should not be difficult to be processed at all. No one complained about them. The enemies that had the problem were the "ancient spirit" ones, which we fixed with the update. The only thing I can suggest, for now, is turning the FPS Synch option ON.

The battles are handled entirely by the RPG Maker MV engine, which we did not alter whatsoever. We are looking further into this matter, but cannot find any more problems to fix.

UPDATE/EDIT: We just found a potential fix to every battle slowness/lag, though it will take some time to fix (2-3 days), since it requires a lot of rework and tweaking. We will update the game as soon as possible. If you experience no in-battle lag or slowness, then you will not need the newer version.

Maybe they aren't suppose to be slow, but they are. I walked around the forest just to find them and be sure. I also found the Hydric Man-Eaters slow. Just as an FYI, my FPS Synch has always been ON. It was that way from the beginning. I never changed any of the options.
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:53 pm

txpeach wrote:
OrfeasGS wrote:
txpeach wrote:Slow Fights -

Plains Spiders & Plains Snakes even with just 2 of them in a battle

Hello, again! These enemies should not be difficult to be processed at all. No one complained about them. The enemies that had the problem were the "ancient spirit" ones, which we fixed with the update. The only thing I can suggest, for now, is turning the FPS Synch option ON.

The battles are handled entirely by the RPG Maker MV engine, which we did not alter whatsoever. We are looking further into this matter, but cannot find any more problems to fix.

UPDATE/EDIT: We just found a potential fix to every battle slowness/lag, though it will take some time to fix (2-3 days), since it requires a lot of rework and tweaking. We will update the game as soon as possible. If you experience no in-battle lag or slowness, then you will not need the newer version.

Maybe they aren't suppose to be slow, but they are. I walked around the forest just to find them and be sure. I also found the Hydric Man-Eaters slow. Just as an FYI, my FPS Synch has always been ON. It was that way from the beginning. I never changed any of the options.

Yep, we found the problem, we are currently updating the game. You only experience lag in-battle and not with every monster, correct?

If you are interested to know what caused the problem:
RPG Maker MV processes hued, in the program, enemies using HTML5/Pixi4 technology, but some GPUs do not agree with that at all, hence the "lag". RPG Maker MV loads every image (monster, animation) when it needs it and when the enemy and animation has a hue it contradicts some GPUs that try to load these images differently. In the upcoming update we will have every monster and animation hue changed in 2d image manipulation program and not RPG Maker. This will solve the issues.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby txpeach » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Yes the slowness is only in battles. BUT after my last post about the Hydric Man-Eaters, I turned the FPS Sync OFF and my next battle with them was perfect. No slowness at all. Can't explain it as I know nothing about programing games but perhaps you could look into it?
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:04 pm

txpeach wrote:Yes the slowness is only in battles. BUT after my last post about the Hydric Man-Eaters, I turned the FPS Sync OFF and my next battle with them was perfect. No slowness at all. Can't explain it as I know nothing about programing games but perhaps you could look into it?

Alright, thank you very much for your comments, you really helped us understand the problem. The FPS Synch is relative to the monitor. It should be ON for good/modern monitors and OFF for old ones, but keep the settings however you see fit, tha's why we have the options available for you. :)
You didn't experience slowness in the second battle, because the program loaded the specific enemies in the previous battle. If all goes well, tomorrow we will release the updated version. Anyone who experiences major lag in-battle should update to that version.

(I repeat for everyone: Some Graphic Cards do not like how the new RPG Maker engine loads images, so some people may have in-battle lag/slowness. We found a fix and will update the game.)
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Unfortunately, this game is too heavy for my new MSI gaming laptop. I am now on level 16/17 and the game closed down due to low memory. I have noticed for a while now that things started to slow down, not battles but when I change scenes from map to the save section and such.

My laptop is only 3 months old, and the specs are: 2.60 GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970M graphics card. It's a real pity, because I absolutely love this game, and have never encountered this with any of the other old-school RPGs which, up until 3 months ago, I played on a Win7, many years old laptop. :(
Valdy
Explorer

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:25 pm

Vald wrote:Unfortunately, this game is too heavy for my new MSI gaming laptop. I am now on level 16/17 and the game closed down due to low memory. I have noticed for a while now that things started to slow down, not battles but when I change scenes from map to the save section and such.

My laptop is only 3 months old, and the specs are: 2.60 GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970M graphics card. It's a real pity, because I absolutely love this game, and have never encountered this with any of the other old-school RPGs which, up until 3 months ago, I played on a Win7, many years old laptop. :(

This is an Rpg Maker MV memory leak problem. They had it fixed two updates ago, supposedly. We'll see if we can patch the game further.

Copy and pasted from the forums:
I guess this means, stop the game and wait some time before reopening.

Whilst it's true that memory usage increases dramatically if one 'hammers' the Menu On-Off, it also reduces automatically after a short while, presumably when the 'Garbage Collection' kicks in, every few minutes. In 'real life' gaming, this is unlikely to be a problem; the memory usage will not cumulate fast enough to 'crash' a Game (at least, that's my experience since 1.3.3...). Projects that I had that could not play for more than a few minutes now run smoothly, with no more 'crashes'.

PS: Your setup is amazing, by the way!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:47 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, my MSI laptop is designed for heavy-duty RPGs, so I was surprised that I came across this problem.

BTW, I still can't download any of the updated files, so if you could PM me a link to where I can download the game again, that would be great.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:55 pm

Vald wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, my MSI laptop is designed for heavy-duty RPGs, so I was surprised that I came across this problem.

BTW, I still can't download any of the updated files, so if you could PM me a link to where I can download the game again, that would be great.

Don't worry about it! We got you covered! We're checking a way to clear cashe images and maps whenever you transfer scenes. If this works, it will be amazing. Otherwise, you will have to wait a little bit until we find a correct way to solve your problem.

Until then, try not to play too much with the menu and save every 2 map transfering or so! +::wizard
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:59 pm

No problem. I will wait until you have sorted this out. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Irene15 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

I really like this game The Deal but I had the same glich that when I went the get the treasure it froze up at the point where rock is just above the arrows that point to the left side of the sceen. but that was the only problem I had I ready did like this I cannot wait until I can get it to play hole thing. +::Dance
Irene15
Peasant

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Irene15 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I really like this game The Deal but I had the same glich that when I went the get the treasure it froze up at the point where rock is just above the arrows that point to the left side of the sceen. but that was the only problem I had I ready did like this I cannot wait until I can get it to play hole thing. +::Dance

Hello! Really happy that you're enjoying. We are currently in the works of an update. Could you tell me some more info about the glitch you're referring to? Like the name of the map and the exact point? If you could e-mail us about it including a screenshot, we will be more that thankful!

@Vald We found the problem in the Rpg Maker code about memory cache management. The solution we have works, but don't overdo it with the menu (we can't alter this code). Map traversing should be safe as of the next update.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby txpeach » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Game is now running flawlessly for me! Thanks so much for getting it fixed.

I have two questions 1) where do I return the charged crystal? Seems I've been everywhere and talked to everyone but no luck! 2) I caught that d*mn cat 4 different times, now I can no longer find him - any clues how I can finish this quest?

Thanks!
txpeach
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers