Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Deal

Re: New RPG: The Deal

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:38 pm

txpeach wrote:Game is now running flawlessly for me! Thanks so much for getting it fixed.

I have two questions 1) where do I return the charged crystal? Seems I've been everywhere and talked to everyone but no luck! 2) I caught that d*mn cat 4 different times, now I can no longer find him - any clues how I can finish this quest?

Thanks!

+::Thumbup +::Thumbup +::Thumbup Was it the FPS Synch? Tomorrow we'll have an overall update fixing the memory chache issue! Stay tuned!

1)... you forgot about the poor man all the way back to Forest Town?
Spoiler: show
He is in the house to the right of the pub.

2) Hahaha! Spoilers:
Bottom right of the map! In the small forest. It's a little maze. I hope you enjoy the amazing reward!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:46 pm

OrfeasGS wrote:@Vald We found the problem in the Rpg Maker code about memory cache management. The solution we have works, but don't overdo it with the menu (we can't alter this code). Map traversing should be safe as of the next update.

Thanks for the info, OrfeasGS. I will wait until you let us know there is an updated version of the game.

I am not sure what you mean by 'don't overdo it with the menu'...
Valdy
Explorer

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Vald wrote:
OrfeasGS wrote:@Vald We found the problem in the Rpg Maker code about memory cache management. The solution we have works, but don't overdo it with the menu (we can't alter this code). Map traversing should be safe as of the next update.

Thanks for the info, OrfeasGS. I will wait until you let us know there is an updated version of the game.

I am not sure what you mean by 'don't overdo it with the menu'...

Update is ready to be uploaded! We will post the details when we finish uploading and all's done.
About menu opening in an RPG Maker MV game, such as The Deal:
Whenever you open the menu, rpgmaker loads it as a new scene (hence +memory cache) and if someone, let's say spams the menu button for 10-20 times, they will see a lot of lag and extreme slowness, regardless of their RAM. Since RPG Maker MV doesn't have a cache manager by default, you're going to have RAM problems and the game will close by itself, but will not create any more problems.
With the new update we implemented a Cache Manager, but by overdoing it with the menu, the game will eventually shut down. Menu is baaaad!! +::Annoyed

PS: Talking about hammering the menu button over 30 times on a single map. With the new update, if you change the map (move to a new room), the cache will be cleared eventually.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby txpeach » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:07 pm

I actually hate you over that d@mn cat! (Just kidding!) How do I get the Enchanted Cloak for Myrella? I've seen those blue squares all over but nothing ever happened when I clicked on them.

In Chaac's Valley where there are 4 caves you have to get to the end of to charge the crystal, the one in the upper right hand corner is giving me fits. I can get to the yellow teleport orbs where something is "forming" but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:15 pm

txpeach wrote:I actually hate you over that d@mn cat! (Just kidding!) How do I get the Enchanted Cloak for Myrella? I've seen those blue squares all over but nothing ever happened when I clicked on them.

In Chaac's Valley where there are 4 caves you have to get to the end of to charge the crystal, the one in the upper right hand corner is giving me fits. I can get to the yellow teleport orbs where something is "forming" but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hehe, maybe the cat helps you with something you overlooked? Who knows? +::Dance
Myrella's Ancient Artifact;
You need to be at least Level 9. Go to the eastern Corncornian Cottage (outside of the village) and talk to Alicia. She wants some help. The blue panels are activated only if you have this artifact.

Chaac's Valley forming panel;
After the events of this level, come back here. Maybe a specific boss was emitting too powerful magical waves and was stopping this panel to form.

I'm really happy you're back at enjoying the game! +::clap And don't be hasty with the main story! Explore!
Last edited by OrfeasGS on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:22 pm

The Deal update. (Version 1.5.0)
You need this update only if you are experiencing lag and slowness. Especially in-battle. Otherwise, you can keep the version you already have. If this update fixes every problem you have encountered, please do leave a post here, so that we can update the demo version as well.

Click on spoiler to see the fixes and a how-to.
Fixes:
*Every enemy image has been recolored to tackle perfomance issues.
*Every animation was slightly recolored to match the coloration of the enemies.
*Fixed 2 spelling mistakes
*Deleted a small piece of code that was unnecessary
*Implemented Memory Cache Cleaner. Maps will no longer affect your RAM usage.
*Fixed a minor detail in an icon.
*Fixed an annoying tile.
IMPORTANT: Do not use the main menu too many times in continuation. RPG Maker has a bug.
IMPORTANT: You may rarely experience some random slowness at the beginning of some battles. That happens because the Memory Cache was cleared.

How to:
Q: How do I know if I have the latest version?
A: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Orfeas Game Studio\The Deal\The Deal\The Dealv1.5.0. If the last folder is indeed 1.5.0, then you have the updated version. Otherwise, you can update to the latest version. In general, if you bought the game AFTER this post's date, then you have the newer version.

Q: How to update?
A: Uninstall the current version of the game. Redownload the game and install. Done.

Q: What files will be lost in the process? Saves? Configuration data?
A: Nothing. Your saves and everything else remains intact.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Castle secret

Postby Charma » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:54 pm

Hi,
apparently there is a secret in the castle, maybe by touching things in a certain order. Will the clues pop up a bit later?

+:::|

Btw, after seven hrs of gaming I've experienced that freeze twice. It was quite early in the game. The guy just stopped and no key would move him. My PC is quite new and powerful, so it shouldn't be related to hardware? Nvm, all good now it seems.
Frihet & ansvar
Charma
Bard

Re: Castle secret

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:41 pm

Charma wrote:Hi,
apparently there is a secret in the castle, maybe by touching things in a certain order. Will the clues pop up a bit later?

+:::|

Btw, after seven hrs of gaming I've experienced that freeze twice. It was quite early in the game. The guy just stopped and no key would move him. My PC is quite new and powerful, so it shouldn't be related to hardware? Nvm, all good now it seems.

Hello! The secret revolves around the pillars in the castle. You will be needing Jonathan's Ancient Artifact. People have asked a lot about the artifacts. You can go some pages back on this thread to check out the answers, or just explore in game!

If you lag/freeze or have slow battles again, consider updating to the 1.5.0 version. (see above)
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby lesmiley » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:49 am

Where do I find the demonic castle and how do I get there for the crystal fragments talked about in the Jonathans Diary?
lesmiley
Peasant

Postby Valdy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:55 am

Thank you very much for the latest version, OrfeasGS, and thanks for explaining about the menu. I do use it a lot, because I like to save a lot. But I don't think I will need to save as often as I have done so far. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Katie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 am

Hi OrfeasGS :)

I tried this game yesterday and I truly love this game. I want this game, it rocks! lol. I didn't have no problems with Kaspersky or drop out problems. The only one I had is described below. The story and the characters are both awesome, and those health crystals rock! (No pun intended). I'm wondering will there be places you can grind if you want? Cause if you're having a problem with a boss, that's the one thing you want to do. Also like Vald, my game froze at that arrow puzzle. You said that was a stand alone demo, so hopefully I won't have a problem in the full version. Here is the specs of my computer:

Intel (R) Core i5-3550P CPU @ 3.10 GHz
64 bit OS X64 based processor
Video Cards: AMD Radeon HD 5450 and Nvidia GeForce GT 620
Sound: HD Audio Device X2 and Nvidia HD Audio
RAM: 12.0 GB
Hard Drive: 1 Terabyte

I can run up to 5 monitors on him. And thank you for all the help you have given. :) It's nice to know that if I get stuck I can send an S.O.S. :)
Katie
Bard

Postby feyone2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:52 am

Well I managed to finish it despite the frequent dropouts and I can say that I did enjoy it! Hopefully if you make more they wont have that problem. Cheers feyone2
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Hello everyone! Update to 1.5.0 if you have lag/slowness, everything should be fixed!

@lesmiley
The demonic castle is the last level. To access it, you need to go to the Forgotten Forest and interact with the Statue, if you have the Key to the Inbetween World. You will then be teleported to a place. Go North and you will find the demonic Castle.

@vald
When RPG Maker MV gets updated, we will have you spam the main menu until you break it!

@Katie
Hello and thanks for contacting! About Grinding: When you walk in the forests, there are random battles, so you can grind at the beginning. We also have quests that respawn! You cann do them as many times as you want! (these quests have a cooldown period of some minutes). You can also do sidequests to level up. We have many of those! About Freezing: We haven't updated the demo yet. We just updated the main game and fixed any lag or other issue. The demo will be updated after 3-4 days, when we have enough feedback. About Setup: You can run our game flawlessly with 1/4 of that system and 1/5 of those monitors.
About the spot you froze: Could you e-mail us a screenshot of that spot? I didn't understand where exactly that is.

@feyone2
Sorry for the dropouts. If you want, you can download the newest version (1.5.0), where we fixed that issue. There is bound to be one dark witch or a secret quest that you didn't find! Did you enjoy the ending? And our next game is being programmed with the RAM usage in mind! Happy you enjoyed!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby txpeach » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Jonathan's Antique Glasses - seems like when we did a side quest for the guy we had beaten earlier (while a guy was trying to summon Jarah) and after we fought off these guys for him (he was knocked out at the beginning of the fight) he was the one who got the glasses. Am I incorrect in this? If so, how do I find them?

I have to say I am finding this game wonderful. Great storyline, side quests, and over all feel. I love the restoring crystals and the fact that the maps aren't so large that I wander lost for hours! I am direction challenged in real life and in games! Thank you for such a fun experience! I can't wait for another!
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby OrfeasGS » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:00 pm

txpeach wrote:Jonathan's Antique Glasses - seems like when we did a side quest for the guy we had beaten earlier (while a guy was trying to summon Jarah) and after we fought off these guys for him (he was knocked out at the beginning of the fight) he was the one who got the glasses. Am I incorrect in this? If so, how do I find them?

I have to say I am finding this game wonderful. Great storyline, side quests, and over all feel. I love the restoring crystals and the fact that the maps aren't so large that I wander lost for hours! I am direction challenged in real life and in games! Thank you for such a fun experience! I can't wait for another!

Thank you for your amazing words! We're extremely happy that you're enjoying with no lag and other technical issues!
(If all goes well, we're gonna release another game this year! +::YAY )

Jonathan's artifact; The Ancient Glasses:
First off, you need Myrella's ancient artifact, the Enchanted Mantle. Then, go to the Temple of Light courtyard. The temple is located in the northeast corner of Carca. When you're there, go to the right of the temple. You will see a blue pad for Myrella. After that, I think it will be easy to find! (It's a dungeon with a boss and loot.) If you want more help, send an email so that we can answer nearly immediately!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers