Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Selatria

Re: New RPG: Selatria

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Okay, so I bought the game. I hope the developers will add some kind of a "Thank you for playing this demo. To continue the game, please purchase the full version" instead of just exiting to a black screen without warning.

I am on my way to save Melanie now. The shopkeeper was too frightened to look for planks to fix the bridge, so we had to do it for her. HOWEVER, the shopkeeper is apparently so frozen with fear that she can't bear to look behind her. She keeps telling me the bridge needs fixing even though it is clearly fixed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4k84m5r2cegg6zq/SelatriaBridgeGlitch.jpg?dl=0

Apparently the game logic didn't like it that after I fixed the bridge, but didn't fully cross the bridge, I returned to save my progress in Heiveir. Two hours of gameplay lost. <sigh>
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby elsebeth » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:17 am

I love this game! But I am stuck in the Rivale Northern Cave. I have to find 4 slimes for the Healing Goo Mush but I can find only 3. Please, can anyone tell me where to find the slimes in the cave?? Thanks!
elsebeth
Peasant

Postby richmond » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:50 pm

+::surrender +::surrender Hi. Am having serious problems killing the commander with the fire cannon. Have tried 9 times now. Please could you tell me how to kill this guy and his cannon and using which players and with Mage elementalist - healer or magician ??? +::fear
richmond
Bard

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:32 pm

richmond wrote:+::surrender +::surrender Hi. Am having serious problems killing the commander with the fire cannon. Have tried 9 times now. Please could you tell me how to kill this guy and his cannon and using which players and with Mage elementalist - healer or magician ??? +::fear

This strategy worked for me
Note: All my characters are between levels 36-39.

Spoiler: show
Party: Mage (elementalist), Melanie, 016, Gobby

The cannon is not susceptible to any type of magic, but Commander Llona is very susceptible to elemental magic (especially ice and bolt)
You need to concentrate on taking out the commander while damaging the cannon enough for the engineer to have to fix and it resets to 20% charged.

Mage-no effect against cannon, so keep attacking commander with elemental magic

Melanie-use predominantly against cannon. I found her triple attack worked well, but her break blade worked even better because it allowed 016 to get a free shot in

016-can be used effectively against both cannon and commander. Just her routine attack x2 against the cannon and setup strike and cripple against the commander. You can try her sealing sweep, but I was only successful with that once.

Gobby-Use his dance and shout and keep renewing those states. Gobby can sometimes get a good physical attack against either the cannon or the commander, but I found him best used as an adjunct, supplying HP and AP potions, and even healing herbs, when he wasn't dancing and shouting.

When Commander Llona heals herself, you'll know she's almost done for. Go for the kill, unless the cannon has reached greater than 40%. Always make malfunctioning the cannon your top priority. The commander isn't as much of a threat.

Once the commander has been defeated, go for the cannon. This will probably take several rounds. Mage is totally ineffective against the cannon and he can't heal with spells, so he'll be helping Gobby with potions and herbs. Remember to keep Gobby dancing and shouting when these states wear off. If he can get a shot in every few rounds, then that's all the better. Melanie is the real cannon buster with her triple strike and her break blade and 016 will sometimes get a few heavy duty strikes in as well.

I'm sure there are other strategies, some maybe even more effective this, but this worked for me.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:35 pm

elsebeth wrote:I love this game! But I am stuck in the Rivale Northern Cave. I have to find 4 slimes for the Healing Goo Mush but I can find only 3. Please, can anyone tell me where to find the slimes in the cave?? Thanks!

Did you find the 4th slime yet? I don't recall exactly where they were, and, at the time, I just thought they were randomly placed. I do remember they are visible, so keep looking around.

Oh, and don't sell all your regular goo. You might find a need for some later.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby gita » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:02 pm

Stuck in the prison corridor, cannot run fast enough - my reflexes are not good - is there a way to succeed without running?
thank you
gita
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:10 pm

gita wrote:Stuck in the prison corridor, cannot run fast enough - my reflexes are not good - is there a way to succeed without running?
thank you

Yeah, I always hate these. My reflexes are way too old and slow. :) Took me a few times, but I finally made it by NOT making any turning mistakes. I swear I screamed in pain as I thought the gates were closing in with me stuck in the doorway, but, no, I made it through. You are holding the shift key down while you are running, correct? I wish you could toggle between walk (no shift) and run (shift depressed), but it seems you just have to keep your left finger on the shift key while you work with arrow keys with your right fingers.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby txpeach » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:56 pm

gita wrote:Stuck in the prison corridor, cannot run fast enough - my reflexes are not good - is there a way to succeed without running?
thank you

Completely agree! Hate these types of things. Too old and slow for them. I did eventually make it but it took many tries and lots of frustrated screaming and cussing.

Get ready cause there is a worse one coming up!

Game developers:

The game needs way more save points. Preferably menu save option. If you get killed in a battle, it may take 2 hours or more to get back to where you died. Also, some of us have lives outside gaming and to have to quit to do things in RL is just painful.

You also need more places to buy potions and the like. I just killed by the Treasure Hunting Troll. I had used up a lot of my potions with the traps. Went into the battle with NO AP. The last chance to buy potions before this battle was when we were Mage in town.

Consider giving the option to play at a lower level for us older folks that no longer have the ability to move as quickly as younger people.
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby whim » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:55 am

Lady JJ wrote:Okay, so I bought the game. I hope the developers will add some kind of a "Thank you for playing this demo. To continue the game, please purchase the full version" instead of just exiting to a black screen without warning.

I am on my way to save Melanie now. The shopkeeper was too frightened to look for planks to fix the bridge, so we had to do it for her. HOWEVER, the shopkeeper is apparently so frozen with fear that she can't bear to look behind her. She keeps telling me the bridge needs fixing even though it is clearly fixed.

Apparently the game logic didn't like it that after I fixed the bridge, but didn't fully cross the bridge, I returned to save my progress in Heiveir. Two hours of gameplay lost. <sigh>

We're really sorry you encountered that bug and that issue. We'll be working on an update where the Shopkeeper will not let you leave the general vicinity to prevent that from happening to future players.
whim
Peasant

Postby elsebeth » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:02 am

Lady JJ wrote:
elsebeth wrote:I love this game! But I am stuck in the Rivale Northern Cave. I have to find 4 slimes for the Healing Goo Mush but I can find only 3. Please, can anyone tell me where to find the slimes in the cave?? Thanks!

Did you find the 4th slime yet? I don't recall exactly where they were, and, at the time, I just thought they were randomly placed. I do remember they are visible, so keep looking around.

Oh, and don't sell all your regular goo. You might find a need for some later.

No, I didn't find the fourth one yet. I have been in and out now at least ten times but I can't find the last one. So I move on with the game and return later (I hope) to try again. I have a whole lot of Goo Mush left now :).
elsebeth
Peasant

Postby txpeach » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Can someone give me some tips about avoiding the traps? They are kicking my butt and I'm using up all my potions just to stay alive. I know about the shift key to run, but my dexterity is just not good enough. I get even more frustrated when I can avoid a trap, only to be forced to battle right in the path of the trap. No way to avoid it!

I really like the premise of this game but may have to pass on the purchase if I can't even get through the demo.
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:12 pm

whim wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:Okay, so I bought the game. I hope the developers will add some kind of a "Thank you for playing this demo. To continue the game, please purchase the full version" instead of just exiting to a black screen without warning.

We're really sorry you encountered that bug and that issue. We'll be working on an update where the Shopkeeper will not let you leave the general vicinity to prevent that from happening to future players.

You can't predict everything a game player might do, so I'm not particularly distressed that I had to replay to that point. If you are going to make an update, including a few more save gates in large mazes would be helpful. At the moment I'm in the Smuggler's Passage and it's a v-e-r-y l-a-r-g-e area to try to explore with no save options. And having an obstacle arcade game immediately following a boss battle with no option to save inbetween may just do me in.

2 hours later...
As I suspected, the waterfall obstacle arcade mini-game is a game changer (or, in this case, abandoner) for me. The targeted audience is obviously a much more agile adventurer than me. I wish nothing but good luck and fortune for the developers, but, clearly, this is not a game for the more mature players.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby whim » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:32 pm

txpeach wrote:Can someone give me some tips about avoiding the traps? They are kicking my butt and I'm using up all my potions just to stay alive. I know about the shift key to run, but my dexterity is just not good enough. I get even more frustrated when I can avoid a trap, only to be forced to battle right in the path of the trap. No way to avoid it!

I really like the premise of this game but may have to pass on the purchase if I can't even get through the demo.

We'll be looking into expanding the Shopkeeper's inventory in the shops outside so you can have chances to purchase restorative items in Rivale Northern Cave for the patch this weekend. We do feel it's a bit too strict for an introductory chapter.

That being said, Chapter 2 and 3 are far more difficult.
whim
Peasant

Postby whim » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
whim wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:including a few more save gates in large mazes would be helpful. At the moment I'm in the Smuggler's Passage and it's a v-e-r-y l-a-r-g-e area to try to explore with no save options. And having an obstacle arcade game immediately following a boss battle with no option to save inbetween may just do me in.

Thanks for the feedback about the scarcity of save gates. The reason why we prevent the ability to save anywhere is that we don't trap the player in certain areas, and we want to ensure the player can save in areas where they have access to purchasing goods or have a way out.

With that information in mind, we will look into adding additional save gates in areas that meet this criteria. But allowing the player to save their data in a place where they might be trapped is equally bad as not having enough places to save your data.

We'll also look into loosening some of the requirements for puzzles that involve speed and dexterity. We'll increase the timing on it a bit so it's more doable.
whim
Peasant

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Thanks for the feedback about the scarcity of save gates. The reason why we prevent the ability to save anywhere is that we don't trap the player in certain areas, and we want to ensure the player can save in areas where they have access to purchasing goods or have a way out.

With that information in mind, we will look into adding additional save gates in areas that meet this criteria. But allowing the player to save their data in a place where they might be trapped is equally bad as not having enough places to save your data.

Makes sense, but you can always run from monsters and make it back to safety in Smuggler's Passage.

We'll also look into loosening some of the requirements for puzzles that involve speed and dexterity. We'll increase the timing on it a bit so it's more doable.

I'm looking forward to that update. As an alternative, I'd be willing to exchange 1 or 2 levels per character to bypass the puzzle completely. I'd sooner spend time regaining my experience points than waste time engaging in a no-win (for me) game of coordination and reflexes. I'm fairly certain I'm not the only gamer here who feels this way.

Thank you, Whim developers, for listening. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers