Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Yggdrasil Gates

Re: New RPG: Yggdrasil Gates

Postby liza » Fri May 05, 2017 2:53 pm

watts712 wrote:What is the timer at the bottom right for

I believe it represents the time of day.
liza
Wanderer

Postby liza » Fri May 05, 2017 3:12 pm

If I exit out of the game all the way to desk top I cannot continue for some reason either There is NO save file on my desk top and now I am afraid to exit all the way out again...Did you try to just leave the game open and minimize the game down?? That's what I do, lord help if my computer shuts down

I would try to find where the game is placing the save files. Save in a new spot the do a file search for "file1.saverpgsave" by modified today. Once you find the saves copy them and paste into game file.

http://imgur.com/6KzALST

http://imgur.com/REygdis
liza
Wanderer

Postby diklazam » Fri May 05, 2017 4:51 pm

If I exit out of the game all the way to desk top I cannot continue for some reason either There is NO save file on my desk top and now I am afraid to exit all the way out again...Did you try to just leave the game open and minimize the game down?? That's what I do, lord help if my computer shuts down

it happaned to me also after playing the demo and twice after buying the game.

what you have to do is extract when u open the game TO THE DESKTOP. if u succedd u will see the icon tree on desktop and than u can play again - but from the beggining - with saves. try it at the beggining. for me it worked. it is very good and unic game and u can play it many hours since u have many many side quests. i collected 9 only in the first continent

hope it would help

dikla
diklazam
Bounty Hunter

Postby diklazam » Fri May 05, 2017 5:10 pm

how or when u can use picklocks or when u can have this skill?
diklazam
Bounty Hunter

Postby Anarcx » Fri May 05, 2017 5:46 pm

bambi214 wrote:Well, I just downloaded the game again and I got the same results as in my earlier post
Can not run package
Can not extract package
Unable to create temporary directory

I have windows 10

I just did everything that you said to do and I still got the same results. Just refund the price of the game and I will find another game to play.

I think I will take a refund because this is very aggravating.

Hello Bambi,
You can send me your email address via private message and i will take care of this problem for you.

Osipi wrote:Perhaps I was a bit luckier than you were bambi214. I was able to download the game and I was able to extract the game (to the Desktop as suggested) and all seemed well until I actually tried to run the game. The loading window came up and worked perfectly as it then went to the menu page where one can select New Game, Continue, Options and Exit. That's as far as I was allowed to go. Could not click on and select any of the options and it just stood there staring me in the face as if I needed a magic wand or something to be allowed into the game.

I downloaded, extracted and tried to run this program for three times and frankly, its giving me a royal headache. I've never purchased a game before that gave me so many problems and frankly, Aldorlea is one of the top most respected game sites that I trust. I don't like feeling that I've paid $14.99 for something that cannot even be played and enjoyed.

How do I go about getting a full refund for this? +::grrr

Osipi

The mouse isn't supported on the main menu as the game was originally created to play with a gamepad first, keyboard second and mouse third. The mouse might still work okay in the game because we are not allow to modifed the source code of the engine due to Enterbrain Policies. Try using arrow keys or mouse as Liza suggested and you shouldn't encounter this problem anymore.

liza wrote:Need help please.

If I pick thief class for lockpicking is there anyway later to find rouge class for poison making?

Spoiler: show
Can not find werewolf. Have tried day and night. Can only find wolves.

You have to make a choice between thief or rogue class by picking either. If you do not like your choice, you will later be able to buy or find a Class Change Scroll that will allow you to select new classes for your character.

The werewolf appears at night between midnight and 5:59 AM in the south part of the marblegrass forest. It is a visible encounter really close to the bandit camp.

watts712 wrote:
Osipi wrote:Perhaps I was a bit luckier than you were bambi214. I was able to download the game and I was able to extract the game (to the Desktop as suggested) and all seemed well until I actually tried to run the game. The loading window came up and worked perfectly as it then went to the menu page where one can select New Game, Continue, Options and Exit. That's as far as I was allowed to go. Could not click on and select any of the options and it just stood there staring me in the face as if I needed a magic wand or something to be allowed into the game.

I downloaded, extracted and tried to run this program for three times and frankly, its giving me a royal headache. I've never purchased a game before that gave me so many problems and frankly, Aldorlea is one of the top most respected game sites that I trust. I don't like feeling that I've paid $14.99 for something that cannot even be played and enjoyed.

How do I go about getting a full refund for this? +::grrr

Osipi

As Liza said, there's a folder called "Save" that contains files like "file2.rpgsave", "config.rpgsave", "global.rpgsave".
Find this folder and drop it in the same folder as the game is. if the game.Exe is on your desktop just drop it there and you will be able to load your game no problem.

A new version of the game has been uploaded and fixed this problem.

diklazam wrote:how or when u can use picklocks or when u can have this skill?

When Synestra reach level 10, she will have the opportunity to become either a Thief or a Rogue. If you select the thief class, she will be able to learn the skill Picklock allowing you to use picklocks to unlock some chests.
Anarcx
Wanderer

Postby watts712 » Fri May 05, 2017 5:49 pm

Is there a way to turn off the invisible monsters???? They are driving me crazy and I CAN"T enjoy the game it's just to much for me other then that the game is great....I am going to have to stop for a while pulling my hair out...
Thanks

It took me almost 1 hour to finish the temple cause of the invisible monsters and I couldn't enjoy the puzzles, I love doing puzzles
Last edited by watts712 on Sat May 06, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
watts712
Bard

Postby liza » Fri May 05, 2017 7:17 pm

watts712 wrote:Is there a way to turn off the invisible monsters???? They are driving me crazy and I CAN"T enjoy the game it's just to much for me other then that the game is great....I am going to have to stop for a while pulling my hair out...
Thanks

I agree. There is so much going back and forth, trying to figure things out that it can be very annoying. Right now am in Marblegrass forest trying to get to the other parts of cave and getting real tired of fighting every so many steps. I just assume when game states visible monsters there are no invisible random one.
liza
Wanderer

Postby Osipi » Fri May 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Thank you Liza. That nicely solved the problem. I needed to use the arrow keys. +:oops:
Osipi
Peasant

Postby watts712 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:01 pm

Where is shades quarters???
watts712
Bard

Postby Valdy » Sat May 06, 2017 8:06 am

Someone mentioned that I have to install the game via a ZIP file? How old-fashioned is that? I haven't used zip file downloaders for years and don't want a game which needs one. Why not give us a .exe file?
Also, when I tried to download the demo, I was taken to some Google download page where it says "Google Drive can't scan this file for viruses. Download anyway?" No thank you. I prefer the simple "Aldorlea.org" link to download games from here.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sat May 06, 2017 8:56 am

Vald wrote:Someone mentioned that I have to install the game via a ZIP file? How old-fashioned is that? I haven't used zip file downloaders for years and don't want a game which needs one. Why not give us a .exe file?
Also, when I tried to download the demo, I was taken to some Google download page where it says "Google Drive can't scan this file for viruses. Download anyway?" No thank you. I prefer the simple "Aldorlea.org" link to download games from here.

This is a new developer's game.
I'm sure he'll take into account all of your valuable feedback provided here, just be patient and give him some time.
It's not easy when there are so many things to fix and/or adjust.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sat May 06, 2017 9:39 am

it would be great if you at least can place a minimum number of steps between invisible encounters if not remove them completely .... and fix the comand remember in option as soon as possible .... everytime you exit the game and come back out .... the options do not get remember ... apart from difficulty setting .... the music options the battle speed and anything else do not get memorized ... so do the "command remember" is not working .
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby liza » Sat May 06, 2017 3:23 pm

What does the double stars mean on the quest journal vs the dots?
liza
Wanderer

Postby Anarcx » Sat May 06, 2017 5:04 pm

watts712 wrote:Is there a way to turn off the invisible monsters???? They are driving me crazy and I CAN"T enjoy the game it's just to much for me other then that the game is great....I am going to have to stop for a while pulling my hair out...
Thanks

It took me almost 1 hour to finish the temple cause of the invisible monsters and I couldn't enjoy the puzzles, I love doing puzzles

liza wrote:
Thanks

I agree. There is so much going back and forth, trying to figure things out that it can be very annoying. Right now am in Marblegrass forest trying to get to the other parts of cave and getting real tired of fighting every so many steps. I just assume when game states visible monsters there are no invisible random one.

There are ways within the game to shut down or reduce the invisible encounters, such as;
- The invisibility skill from the elementalist
- The monster tracking skill from the stalker
- Special Quests Items Reward
- Chest rewards items

watts712 wrote:Where is shades quarters???

Lorhaven Capital, right next to the church

darkange wrote:it would be great if you at least can place a minimum number of steps between invisible encounters if not remove them completely .... and fix the comand remember in option as soon as possible .... everytime you exit the game and come back out .... the options do not get remember ... apart from difficulty setting .... the music options the battle speed and anything else do not get memorized ... so do the "command remember" is not working .

There is a minimum number of steps of 200 (Average) between each fight. Is it not your case?
It would seem that there is a bug with the save options when the "Fullscreen" option is ON, we will fix that as soon as possible, in the meantime, if you wish to save your options may i suggest you turn off the full screen, enter the options you wish, leave the game using the command via de main menu. That should fix your problem, and you will be able to reactivate the fullscreen afterwards without any problem anymore.

liza wrote:What does the double stars mean on the quest journal vs the dots?

That's simply a friendly reminder for your own usage. If you start to have too many quests at the same time you can easily track the progress of the one you're working on without having to search for it every times you check your quest journal. You can toggle the quest marker by with the main action button (Enter/Space by Default).
Anarcx
Wanderer

Postby watts712 » Sat May 06, 2017 5:18 pm

I think this new developer has done a GREAT job on his/her FIRST game...
My save file is working good now the only thing I suggest is on the next game please NO invisible monsters and maybe add more saved files I like to save in different areas a lot in case I missed something. I will buy another game from this developer..:):)
Cindy
watts712
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers